Bryzgalov...seriously?

Guest ruxpin

Okay, so I'm reading this article:

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/flyers/20120222_Flyers_put_on_a_late_show.html

And I'm starting to wonder if Bryzgalov is Rick. Seriously, the dude is coming across equally as retarded.

Does he really think the mocking from the Peg fans was cheering? Does the NHL have random substance abuse testing?

@ruxpin

Just reading that article upsets me more and more regarding Bryzgalov. If there is some language barrier, as some have suggested, than clearly he needs to stay away from the media before he has a contract put out on him.

He has to be pulling some sarcasm angle, right? I mean he seriously cannot think that the Winnipeg fans were cheering for him.

If he was being facetious, than I would go as far to say that he knows that the hometown crowd here in Philly is boo'ing him because of his beer league goal tending.

I just don't see this 9 year marriage lasting much longer. The only thing that I see being plausible is that he is bought out when the CBA is restructured. Even that pisses me off to no end knowing that he'll get a huge payday to be marginally talented.

it's sarcasm. Well it's nice put out by Bryz, and another stone to Flyers fans. The guy is nuts and I loved, and you guys should learn from him how to enjoy a life.

Perfect said

• Like 2

@ruxpin Just reading that article upsets me more and more regarding Bryzgalov. If there is some language barrier, as some have suggested, than clearly he needs to stay away from the media before he has a contract put out on him. He has to be pulling some sarcasm angle, right? I mean he seriously cannot think that the Winnipeg fans were cheering for him. If he was being facetious, than I would go as far to say that he knows that the hometown crowd here in Philly is boo'ing him because of his beer league goal tending. I just don't see this 9 year marriage lasting much longer. The only thing that I see being plausible is that he is bought out when the CBA is restructured. Even that pisses me off to no end knowing that he'll get a huge payday to be marginally talented.

If media and fans leave him alone, then everything will like in Phoenix. Believe me, he likes to show off so it hurts his game.

I read it the same as PhlFly. It was total sarcasm and a shot at the hometown fans. I was glad to read that he admits that 4th goal was brutal. No way he could really defend it.

If the guy wants the love and affection of the fans, he needs to stop allowing soft goals.

@phlfly

If Bryzgalov was Canadian would you have the same "love" for him?

His attitude is fun and carefree which is great off the ice, but when you are among the top 5 in salary it may behoove you to perform accordingly.

Either that or at least at the very minimum pretend to care about robbing the Flyers organization blind.

it's sarcasm. Well it's nice put out by Bryz, and another stone to Flyers fans. The guy is nuts and I loved, and you guys should learn from him how to enjoy a life.

Perfect said

Here, they were cheering. In Philly, they boo me."

Read more: http://www.philly.co...l#ixzz1n7Ge6R7K

Watch sports videos you won't find anywhere else

His comments are stupid, immodest and unprofessional. When he's playing well, maybe then he's entitled to something other than utter humility. For now, he should STFU and play.

I love this gem. "It's not like I'm playing bad, just consistently doing some stupid mistakes." Thats like saying, I'm not drinking and driving, just consistently drinking beer and getting behind the wheel. He has to realize the bad goals just zap the energy out of your team. Fortunately the guys were up last night regardless of his play. 4 goals on 26 shots is not good enough.

Thats like saying, I'm not drinking and driving, just consistently drinking beer and getting behind the wheel.

LOL

The team wouldn't quit. It was like they decided "f**k Bryzgalov. We're going to win this game anyway." With him in net, that's a healthy attitude.

I love this gem. "It's not like I'm playing bad, just consistently doing some stupid mistakes." Thats like saying, I'm not drinking and driving, just consistently drinking beer and getting behind the wheel.

This could be a fun game. I'll try one.

That's like saying I'm really good at hunting but I just keep missing my shots.

@phlfly

I buy that it was sarcasm, which only changes the way in which it was stupid. I'm late to the "pile on Bryz" game, but I'm there now.

@Digityman

Alternative: "I'm really good at hunting; I just thought my friend was a bird."

"I'm very faithful in my marriage. By the way, dear, have you met my son?"

@phlfly

I buy that it was sarcasm, which only changes the way in which it was stupid. I'm late to the "pile on Bryz" game, but I'm there now.

@Digityman

Alternative: "I'm really good at hunting; I just thought my friend was a bird."

"I'm very faithful in my marriage. By the way, dear, have you met my son?"

Most definately sarcasm,but whats he got left at this point?

Last but not least "I'm good at fishing just not catching"

I think those comments were funny...he has to laugh at him self specially what he is doing, well I do correct not doing, LOL.

I actually like him as a person, all those funny/crazy comments...he is not stupid,

BUT damn he sucks at goal now, not sure why.

Maybe he cant handle the preasure, maybe its goalie coaching, maybe he is just f bad goalie in the end....maybe the D does play differently on front of him....but he sucks now. period.

I really hope he finds his play and will stay in Philly - only if he finds his game

I have watched Flyers from early 90´s more or less all the games...and I have to say that he wont last long if he plays like that, no one will in Philly.

well honestly do you think he's the one seeking out the media? The philly media is going at him relentlessly after games, practices, etc b/c he's not living up to expectations and he's known for being a bit "out there" and giving good quotes. Last night's game he was relevant b/c of his comments about not wanting to play in Winnipeg if the Coyotes moved there. Richards got chastized for NOT talking to the media when they were hounding him constantly, now Bryz talks "too much". Philly fans are just NEVER happy.

well al goalies are nuts, look at Price he does all time some stupid remarks, as well as Miller. we should let it go for little, because there is no other alternative for Flyers. All goalies were sucked here, so I guess even Roy or Brodeur would be bad fit here.

@xganarchy

Oh crap. Well I hope he doesn't like pain killers and swimming pools. Too soon?

Seriously, you are right and on to something. As is @phlfly when you two mentioned that he [bryzgalov] is giving what they want.

If he goes in hiding and works on his game maybe we'll have a nice playoff run....

I miscalculated the distance between the puck and my glove

Given his earlier musings on the size of the Universe, I find this comment especially hilarious.

Imagine.

The guy needs to STFU and pronto. It's his only chance to get past the next home game in one piece. He will be eviscerated if he keeps this up.

@xganarchy

Oh crap. Well I hope he doesn't like pain killers and swimming pools. Too soon?

Seriously, you are right and on to something. As is @phlfly when you two mentioned that he [bryzgalov] is giving what they want.

If he goes in hiding and works on his game maybe we'll have a nice playoff run....

Yeah and don't get me wrong, I also think he'd be better served to keep quiet as much as possible and concentrate on his game. I just don't think he deserves to be called out for providing a few "humorous" quotes. Back a few weeks ago when he was reigned in and didn't talk to the media, there was a big stink about it. The guy can't win no matter what he does (short of improving his play of course!)

well honestly do you think he's the one seeking out the media? The philly media is going at him relentlessly after games, practices, etc b/c he's not living up to expectations and he's known for being a bit "out there" and giving good quotes. Last night's game he was relevant b/c of his comments about not wanting to play in Winnipeg if the Coyotes moved there. Richards got chastized for NOT talking to the media when they were hounding him constantly, now Bryz talks "too much". Philly fans are just NEVER happy.

Fair point.