That's what you get...

Guest WingNut722

The Red Wings still, for some reason, feel they can get away with not turning in a 60-minute effort. Well, they paid for it last night, losing two valuable points to the Blackhawks, who have now won 5 in a row, and snapped the Wings 6-game winning streak. I know the loss of Pavel Datsyuk is going to leave a hole, and the addition of Danny Cleary after two weeks is going to be rocky in the beginning, as he reinstitutes himself into his old line. However, that doesn't explain the lack of puck control or communication through the neutral zone. They'll need to figure this out in a big hurry if they want to stand a chance against Vancouver on Thursday. The Canucks are coming off a tough loss to Nashville last night and they'll be hungry for the same kind of redemption. This will probably be the toughest home game for the Red Wings in months. They won't be able to count on the "Joe Lo MoJo" anymore (I made that up... :P). It's all going to come down to who wants it more. Expect a playoff-like atmosphere, closer than any other game this season. It's going to be fantastic, and I've bet the maximum 125 tokens on The Winged Wheel.

It's going to be fantastic, and I've bet the maximum 125 tokens on The Winged Wheel.

It's going to be a great game. I'm glad both are coming off mediocre performances each with one day rest. Everything is even.

I'm still not sure which way the tokens are going to fall yet though.........

@Digityman

I think the Wings can and will pull through. The crowd will be insane that night, and will help, but it can't be a crutch for lousy performance. They show up to play, and they'll be very happy with the results. Also watch for the warm welcome Jimmy Howard will receive once he's announced at home.

Well, unfortunately the way I see it, this is sadly a trend, not a one-game problem. Think about the game against the Preds. How many breakaways did they give up in THAT game? We STOLE that game at home, thanks to that brilliant last-minute goal by Datsyuk with the fantastic assists. This needs to be addressed, pronto. Maybe the addition of Quincey will bring some energy and because of it, clarity.

I can forgive the breakaway where Ian White blew a tire. It happens. But the general lack of defense was disappointing. We got outplayed. Period. And we saw it in 2 of the last 3 games. This was not present in the San Jose game, though. They played well and sound defensively.

The Wings are capable. They just didn't execute defensively. It is eerily reminiscent of last year. :-O