Grossman and Kubina suck

Guest orange_crush

no not good. Kubina is getting plugged into Lavy's system, but has a decent shot. Grossman, well the jury is out, but I'd take him over Lilja any day of the week.

They are not terrible and I would wait a month or so to make a final conclusion.

No way Rod. Kubina has had an entire game to get acclimated, meet and bond with his new teammates and learn Lavy's system. He failed. Grossman has had even longer!

Yes it's obvious they both s u c k.

{cuckoo:cuckoo!}

Guys were slow as hell and responsible for at least 3 goals last night... would rather play Bourdon and Gus..

The first righthanded shot from the point since Desjardins.

Grossman had a point and both were even last night

Kubina ate up nearly 20 minutes of ice time in his first game and clearly doesn't know the system yet.

MAB has been brutal in the past 5-10 games.

I heard a woman by the name of Patricia Fleming served Nik Grossman his pre-game meal on Saturday at the WF Center. I am really starting to see the connection between the players and those who surround them. I hope Patty gets fired for her inability to properly motivate players.....

*****Disclaimer, Patricia Fleming is an obvious made up name. I there really is a Patty Fleming that works at the WF Center, I hope she takes no offense to my rambling and gets a raise today, and her children ace their math test, etc, etc*****

Christ I am starting to sound like Largo with my babbling.

Carry on

No way Rod. Kubina has had an entire game to get acclimated, meet and bond with his new teammates and learn Lavy's system. He failed. Grossman has had even longer!

Yes it's obvious they both s u c k.

{cuckoo:cuckoo!}

LOL

I counted at least 3 plays where Grossman knocked a Jet on his ***--within 3 feet of the crease. For that reason alone, he doesn't suck.

Kubina is not the fleetest but he's so huge that all he has to do is nudge you and you're on your ***. Grossman is pretty consistent about taking the body and while not a mean hitter, houses his size effectively. I like having some big bodies back there for a change.

MAB has been brutal in the past 5-10 games.

Amen to that. He and Bryzgalov were each good for a goal a game against. His decision making with the puck needs to improve a lot before I want to see him again.

Listen, when I do a trade on my NHL 2k11 it doesn't take the player any time to "acclimate to the new system" or "learn to play with his new teammates" - he just plays like he did on the previous team.

Likewise, on my Fantasy Hockey squad, if I make a trade with another FHL team, the guy comes over to my team and plays as if he was still on the team that traded him.

I don't see why it should be any different in real life.

/snark

Kubina is not the fleetest but he's so huge that all he has to do is nudge you and you're on your ***. Grossman is pretty consistent about taking the body and while not a mean hitter, houses his size effectively. I like having some big bodies back there for a change.

I thought Grossman looked pretty good getting back when Mez fell down trying to take that point shot... took his man all the way to the boards. our other defenders would've drifted over to the middle to make it look like they are playing the pass and maybe throw in a stick check for good measure while allowing a point blank shot. Grossman probably saw tape and realized with Bryz, that's not enough and he needs to neutralize the body.

Listen, when I do a trade on my NHL 2k11 it doesn't take the player any time to "acclimate to the new system" or "learn to play with his new teammates" - he just plays like he did on the previous team.

Likewise, on my Fantasy Hockey squad, if I make a trade with another FHL team, the guy comes over to my team and plays as if he was still on the team that traded him.

I don't see why it should be any different in real life.

/snark

Funny, when I trade players off my FHL teams, they start putting up points. When I bring them in, they stop.