Grossman and Kubina suck

Guest orange_crush

I don't know what it is about this post but every time I see it pop up in these situations it makes me laugh out loud lol. Freakin' hilarious.

it's just so appropriate to flyer's fans, in general. the sun sets and rises depending whether the flyers have won the night before. you can set your clock by these threads popping up after a loss. or, in this case... an almost loss with 2 new guys.

I am willing to give the guys a few games to get used to their new partners and their tendencies. I have seen quite a few Tampa games and I am looking forward to seeing Kubina's booming slapper from the point on the PP.

Same here. It takes a few games. Is Kubina a monster or what, though.

Listen, when I do a trade on my NHL 2k11 it doesn't take the player any time to "acclimate to the new system" or "learn to play with his new teammates" - he just plays like he did on the previous team.

Likewise, on my Fantasy Hockey squad, if I make a trade with another FHL team, the guy comes over to my team and plays as if he was still on the team that traded him.

I don't see why it should be any different in real life.

/snark

Absolutely. Makes perfect sense.

@s3x

Probably the biggest adjustment would be the total lack there of. LOL

All kidding aside, for Grossman coming from a defensive system in Dallas and Kubina also from more of a defensive system, it might take a little adjusting to get into a more up tempo puck seek and destroy system.

I almost s hit myself when I saw Kubina skate deep the offensive zone the other night.

I think they'll be fine and they are sorely what this team has been lacking since the Pronger injury. Seriously, it's not like we have Rathje and Bundy back there as our defensive crutch.

Edited by Bertmega

I know these guys aren't supposed to be the most physical guys for their size but I hope they can help establish a more consistent physical presence around our own net. So tired Yoda is of watching guys get 2, 3, 4 whacks at the puck while our goalie tries to cover and Carle and Coburn try to stick check from 4 feet away when they should be putting him on his arse or burying him 3 feet behind the boards.

I know these guys aren't supposed to be the most physical guys for their size but I hope they can help establish a more consistent physical presence around our own net. So tired Yoda is of watching guys get 2, 3, 4 whacks at the puck while our goalie tries to cover and Carle and Coburn try to stick check from 4 feet away when they should be putting him on his arse or burying him 3 feet behind the boards.

Amen to that. Bury some guys, even if we take a few minor in the process (that's minor penalties to be clear)...

I counted at least 3 plays where Grossman knocked a Jet on his ***--within 3 feet of the crease. For that reason alone, he doesn't suck.

Amen brother...please Coburn pay attention...

...man if this kid(Coboun) would ever find an edge, he'd be damn near unstoppable.

I'm afraid it will never happen though.