THN Q&A with Couturier

Guest brelic

http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/43200-Getting-To-Know-Sean-Couturier.html

Cool thing he says about Talbot... good to have that kind of guy in the dressing room.

Ht: 6-foot-3 Wt: 197 pounds

DOB: Dec. 7, 1992 In: Phoenix, AZ.

First Hockey Memory: "Is being on the ice and pushing the chair to stay up. And learning how to skate and just trying to shoot pucks and lift it. Great times."

Hockey Inspirations: "I grew up watching my dad (Sylvain) a lot, play pro hockey. He's always been one I enjoyed to look up to since I'm young and I learned a lot from him."

Last Book Read: "Oh...oh...I don't remember (laughs). A long time ago in school, in high school."

Nicknames: "Coots, Cooter."

Current Car: "I got a Jeep (green)."

Favorite Meal: "I like chicken and rice."

Favorite Ice Cream Flavor: "Chocolate."

Greatest Sports Moment: "Being drafted into the NHL is something really special."

Most Painful Moment: "Losing the championship games is pretty bad."

Favorite Uniforms: "I like the orange of the Flyers."

Favorite Arena: "Probably Quebec City."

Closest Hockey Friends: "In Drummondville I have a couple of 'em."

Funniest Players Encountered: "Max Talbot is pretty funny here. Funny guy. He's just funny, he enjoys life, it's fun to be around him."

Toughest Competitors Encountered: "In juniors I had Hubert Labrie in Gatineau, Tye McGinn."

Most Memorable Goal: "First NHL goal. And in Drummondville, I had a couple overtime-winners. So that was pretty special."

Strangest Game: "I remember in Drummondville one time we were losing 4-0 after the first. And we won 11-6, so it was pretty crazy."

Embarrassing Hockey Memory: "Coming back to the bench and sitting at the end and you just fall on the ground (laughs)."

Favorite Players To Watch: "Obviously, Crosby, Datsyuk, how well they play the game. In tennis Djokovic now is pretty nice to watch. Baseball I like the Red Sox, David Ortiz is a nice player to watch.

Favorite Sport Outside Hockey: "I like baseball."

Personality Qualities Most Admired: "Smiling, happy, enjoy life. Like to be around those people."

He really sounds like a well grounded kid. I like hearing a player say he bought a jeep as opposed to a vette or something more ridiculous.

I guess he will have to wait until the next contract to buy a lexus........but seriously you know he is being honest just by his choice of Red Sox ....