Jagr's Record-Setting Game-Winner

Guest radoran

http://articles.philly.com/2012-02-21/news/31083252_1_riemsdyk-flyers-outshot-claude-giroux

Sets the all-time record for overtime goals on a fabulous play by Danny Briere.

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=35&id=159356

Also, Jagr's 57th venue in which he's played an NHL game. I'm wondering what the record is on that.

I was pretty harsh in chat yesterday after the team gave up 3 PPGs and had serious trouble getting out of their own zone on many occasions. It seemed that the Jets - in competition to win the SE and get the #3 seed in their first year in WPG - had jump and drive.

But then they totally ran out of gas with about five to play.

I was pretty harsh in chat yesterday after the team gave up 3 PPGs...

The Flyers have been the cure for teams with a bad power play. First it was the Devils, then the Rangers, now the Jets. The only reason I know this is because the stupid announcers jinxed the Flyers by mentioning at the start of each of those games how bad their power plays had been the last 10 or so games.

Ug.

@Rad - JVR certainly had gas towards the end, he was a difference maker. If he gets his stock back up to its 52-week high, it may help overcome our most important and weakest PKer, Bryz. Like to see #21 with more minutes and w/ G, get him back to up to 18 TOI

@Rad - JVR certainly had gas towards the end, he was a difference maker. If he gets his stock back up to its 52-week high, it may help overcome our most important and weakest PKer, Bryz. Like to see #21 with more minutes and w/ G, get him back to up to 18 TOI

They were talking about this possibly being a chance for JVR to play more minutes with Giroux. He really did step it up as well at the end and in OT. I'm wondering if he saw that the Jets were gassed and knew he could take advantage of the situation. It would be nice to see him with that confidence more often.

http://articles.phil...t-claude-giroux

Sets the all-time record for overtime goals on a fabulous play by Danny Briere.

http://video.nhl.com...id=35&id=159356

Also, Jagr's 57th venue in which he's played an NHL game. I'm wondering what the record is on that.

I was pretty harsh in chat yesterday after the team gave up 3 PPGs and had serious trouble getting out of their own zone on many occasions. It seemed that the Jets - in competition to win the SE and get the #3 seed in their first year in WPG - had jump and drive.

But then they totally ran out of gas with about five to play.

pavelec was very impressive... even though he gave up that many goals. he was stingy in net. something we haven't seen much of. but, that setup by briere was worth more than the 1pt for an assist. it was a beauty and jagr was in the perfect position and put it in the right spot. if he wants to become a goal scorer(lol), i'm sure that will be fine with the flyers.

Jagr's goal last night was great.Playing with Briere ls more like in a high quality offense. Jagr shouldn't be baby sitting Giroux and Hartnell, he is the HOFer. As far as JVR goes,nobody on this team can keep up with him,Simmonds barely made it to the net last night and you may remember JVR and Simmonds did the same thing at the end of the Pens game on saturday. Lavi doesn't take advantage of individual player skills. Remember JVR's first and only shootout? This is his third season. Danny and Jagr scored the OT goal based on Lavi's system? It appears Lavi is becoming more of the problem,instead of the solution.

@radoran

I think JVR has ideas he might get traded so he's 'impressing' the other teams GM in the stands by stepping it up. I could be wrong, but maybe he wants out and this is his chance to 'showcase' before the deadline, especially playing on the top line.

I don't think I buy into the "wants out" scenario. I would be more on the "wants in" - not wanting to be shipped to Columbus, for example. I think his salary structure ($2.5M next year despite the cap hit, escalating to $5M in 16-17, 17-18) supports that.

His recent concussion would weigh more heavily on most astute GMs (of which there admittedly appear to be few) than a burst of strong play the week before the deadline.

Jagr's goal last night was great.Playing with Briere ls more like in a high quality offense. Jagr shouldn't be baby sitting Giroux and Hartnell, he is the HOFer. As far as JVR goes,nobody on this team can keep up with him,Simmonds barely made it to the net last night and you may remember JVR and Simmonds did the same thing at the end of the Pens game on saturday. Lavi doesn't take advantage of individual player skills. Remember JVR's first and only shootout? This is his third season. Danny and Jagr scored the OT goal based on Lavi's system? It appears Lavi is becoming more of the problem,instead of the solution.

That's such a reach its pathetic. Lavy ran three forwards in OT to make sure they didn't go to a shootout. I'm not sure I've seen too many other teams even try that.

Also, those 'babies' are #2 in the LEAGUE in scoring and #1 in the LEAGUE in PPG (#8 in goals overall...wow).