If your a Flyer fan that, "cares too much" reply here

Guest Samifan

According to Bryzaster/Siv-galov, Flyers fans "care too much"? What a ******* joke! Sorry Bryz, I realize that playing in Philly is not quite the same as playing in the hockey hot beds of Anaheim and Phoenix. I guess in those cities there were no fans to insult. If we did not care, our franchise would end up like Atlanta, which has lost an NHL team twice. Passionate, caring fans are the ones that fuel the franchises and give them a strong foundation regardless of the product on the ice.

I am PROUD to say that I am a Flyers fans that cares too much!

If your a fan that cares too much also, please reply to this tread and tell us how long you've been caring too .

Respectfully,

Samifan

Caring too Much since 1972 :)

Edited by Samifan

I began caring after the first game I attended check that, after the first goal I witnessed by Tim Kerr. I have cared too much since 1984 and have pissed off many people close to me in the process. After we lost game 7 to the Oilers in 1987 I wept bitterly as a 10 year kid, pissing off my father for caring too much. 1994-1996 I pissed off my college GF, although I converted her to a Flyers fan she would be pissed and embarassed at sports bars when I would slam my fist on the table scaring other patrons after we let in a soft goal. In 2004 a few months before my wedding me and the future Mrs. Poulin had it out at a sports bar during game 7 of the Ecf vs the Lightning when I threw a roll against the cushon on my side of our our booth after the 1st PPG the Lightning scored (once the lightning scored 1st you knew it was over the way the series had been going) I care too much that I now have season tix and attend almost every home game even after a 2 hr commute to NJ. At some games I confront obnoxious opposing fans at my own risk when I feel they are showing up the fans in our house.

I back this team both financially and emotionally as a fan and this is the thanks I get? Screw you Bryz!

Poulin-Thanks for sharing! I also care so much that I make the 6 hour drive from Western NY to attend 3-4 games per year in Philly because having the CI package just doesnt cut it. I will be coming into town for the Habs game on 3/24, if you will be attending I would love to say hello.

Sharing is Caring, so is lost in translation, this was brought up before, the quote translates once again to "the Flyer fans care SOOOO much. The nomenclature of a set, 'Flyer fans" is the core group represented by the predicate, "care TOO(or translation SOOO), followed by the proposition "much" only exasperates the point, that the context during the heat of the moment was misinterpreted and the trigger happy fan shot first asked questions later( or in this instance, never asked questions) took it as gone awry and never looked back.

Bryz see's the passion of the fans and he wants to bring Philly a Cup because the "Fans Care SOOO Much."

Messi..... Dobra vecer, sram te bilo! (Greetings! shame on you!)

This shits getting old (not you Messi but the attitude)

What's worse Trolls or Flame Boars?

Disclaimer: None of the opinions and expressions, expressed here are condoned or construed as agreed upon by the "Commitee" and our solely the responsibilty of an individual on the front lines of life and in no way represent the grand majority of the 1st line:

The Committe: The Legion of Doom

i care a lot. what am i supposed to care about? no kids here... not going to think about work 24/7... so EXCUUUUUUSSSEE MEEEEEEEE mr bryzastergalov! i'm sorry... but i'm getting ANGRY!!! you think you've got a franchise goalie locked up... and he pulls something like this.

I went to my first Flyers game in their first season in 1967. My Father was a sports writer for the Burlington County Times so we sat in the Press Box (which was pretty empty).

Moved to Australia in 1972 so missed the Broad Street Bullies era and relied on month old Hockey News some years but with the Internet Feeds improving the last few years I am trying to make up for lost time and watch just about every game. (Olympics was about the only time Hockey was on TV and yes I watched the Miracle on Ice)

My daughter calls me "obsessed" and my family bought me Flyers gear for Christmas this year so yea, I guess I care!

I care too much since the late 80's.

I care so much that I stay up till three in the morning to watch every Flyers game streamed over the internet...

I care so much that I fly 4000 miles to Philly twice a year to watch the Flyers...

I care so much that I still pay $160 a game when I visit the WFC.

In other words it costs me $7000 bucks a year to show my support and that means I'll damn well boo if I want to when no effort is shown or when our goalie does a fair immitiation of a collander....

Edited by EDI-Flyer

Been caring since 1987 at the ripe age of 9. Zezel, Tim Kerr, Tocchet, Propp, Hextall, et al.

My older sister was a fan first and I never understood her anger for a game and then when I was home sick with the chickenpox for a few weeks I got to see an amazing playoff run and there has been no turning back since then.

Ilya, yes, I care too much....

For Gods sake do you people believe everything you read on the internet?

This is whole thing is heresay that started on some garbage blog, there are no media or direct quotes from Bryz saying we care too much.

Seems people are just looking for something/anything to form a lynch mob on this guy, sad.

And great idea to go down there and boo, bravo to show such class and restraint as an adult. That booing sure will help OUR goalie turn it around, it couln't make the situation any worse or anything.

I just wish the fans showed a bit more patience and could be a bit more happy with where the team is in the standings with all the injuries and rookies. Looking big picture, the season has been a blast so far and I can't wait for the playoffs.

Focus on positive and get behind the guy, he needs it mentally. Complaiing about Bryz is beating a dead horse at this point and getting real old. So is my defense of the guy and plea's of restraint from the fans- I'm giving it a rest after this. B)

@Green Man

I wish you were my boss. I'd be getting PAID, getting PAID!!!!

CA$H M-O-N-E-Y

Start as 7 you say? My @ss see you at noon, then I am taking lunch, then off to get lifted.

Seriously, I do get what you are saying about the mysterious quote and how we may be over reacting.

Anyhow, like you and the rest of us, I am pretty sure we'll be fans long after Ilya's ship has sailed.

Edited by Bertmega

@Green Man

I kind of like the way this quote was twisted for the thread. It isn't just an attack exclusively on Bryz as much as it is also a celebration of being a Flyers fan.

I get it, support the team. I really do. But eventually you have to express displeasure. PP sucks? Boo them. No one is shooting? Yell Shoot until they do. Goalie lets in soft goals for more than half a season? Boo the crap out of him until he plays better. Negative reinforcement might not be the best thing to get an improvement, but if the fans booed for an entire game, that's 60 minutes-ish. How about all that practice time, time at home recharging his batteries, etc etc? That one hour every few days certainly has an effect, but I think you are greatly exaggerating it. If it is really piling up, it's because he's sucked for so long.