Rumor Has It

Guest Canadian Sabres

So as I have been away, I was brought to the attention of some new rumors developing surrounding the Buffalo Sabres. It was first brought to my attention with the now infamous Patrick Kane for Ryan Miller rumor, My brother had sent me a link to a site with an indepth more look at what could be more realistic instead of a 1 for 1 type thing happening. According to the site puckmeplease.com (I know funky name huh?) In order for this deal to get done it would look something like this:

"For a deal to get done, Patrick Kane and Corey Crawford would go to Buffalo for Ryan Miller, Derek Roy and a prospect"

Now considering who the prospect is I sorta am intrigued by this but I feel the ship has sailed on Kane to Buffalo, in other words most likely wont happen but I would love it if it did I like Kane more than Miller and if I was offered this I would do it but thats just me.

Another rumor floating around on this site is Jason Pominville and it looks a lil something like this:

"The LA Kings have contacted the Buffalo Sabres about the availability of forward Jason Pominville. Rumors are going around that the LA Kings were never on Rick Nash's list of teams he would play for....so off to plan B.

The Kings need scoring and Pominville is having an excellent yeat for Buffalo. He has 59 points in 60 games and on pace for 80 points.

The Sabres would want a 1st round pick and top prospect for Pominville. The Florida Panthers are also interested."

Top prospect you say eh? right now the Panthers have some very intriguing top prospects, Jonathan Huberdeau, Quinton Howden, Nick Bjugstad. If it were me I would actually try and deal him to the Panthers in exchange for Jonathan Huberdeau drafted 1st round 3rd overall in 2011.

--- Regular Season --- ---- Playoffs ----

Season Team Lge GP G A Pts PIM GP G A Pts PIM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2009-10 Saint John Sea Dogs QMJHL 61 15 20 35 43 21 11 7 18 22

2010-11 Saint John Sea Dogs QMJHL 67 43 62 105 88 19 16 14 30 16

2011-12 Florida Panthers* NHL Statistics Unavailable

2011-12 Saint John Sea Dogs QMJHL 27 20 36 56 40

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now lets circle on centreman Paul Gaustad, it looks a lil somehting like this:

"The Buffalo Sabres Paul Gaustad is a pending UFA, and the Sabres have let teams know he is available for a trade.

The Red Wings have been scouting the Sabres in recent weeks looking at Gaustad. The Wings are also looking at Derek Roy.

Gaustad is a big tough centerman who has 6 goals and 9 assists this year and plays almost 15 minutes a game. He is also a +3 on a team full of minus players."

What do you think the Wings could possibly give up for Goose or Roy?

Depending on the route you wanna go on Gaustad I say he fetches at least a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick

Roy would be an intriguing one since the Wings have no 1st anymore, so a player and a prospect maybe?

Food For Thought: Jimmy Howard (insert other here) in exchange for Goose and Crawford if by some miracle the aforementioned Kane, Crawford for Miller, Roy, Prospect... Deal happens?

Have your say!

Happy PegulaDay as well Sabre fans!