Game 82: Senators at Flyers; 4/29/22 @ 7 PM, NBCSP

Howie58

Greetings:

The bookies may be afraid of handicapping this effort (hard to find odds), but so far I see the O and B as mild favorite (-125) with a 55% win probability.  How that is reckoned after last night's schlockfest against Winnipeg is tough to swallow, but we've split our first two against the Sens.  

Attendance and the presence or absence of boos at the final horn may be the most important things to watch.  Thankfully, this will be the last time we see the likes of Thompson, Yandle, and other TBDs.  It's been my responsibility (save for last night and Pod's work) to begin these threads.  I take that seriously through thick and thin, but this season has been tough.  I don't like enabling depression, anxiety, and apathy.  Posting this makes me very sad.  

Edited by Howie58
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, mojo1917 said:

@Howie58

your efforts are very much appreciated.

hopefully next year we will have a more entertaining team to watch.

Dear Mojo:

You have been a stalwart for many years.  Thank You!  And regarding next year, as my late, great mom used to say: "From your lips to God's ears."

• Like 3

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

For the last time this year.

I would love it if noone showed up except Senator fans...if there is such a thing.

Holding out hope Yandle has a monster game and finishes -5 tomorrow. Maybe Yeo will give him top pair minutes in his last game as a Flyer 🤞

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Hope I never see Yeo, JVR, or well, most everyone else, especially Scott Laughton. I turned the games off in January. No anxiety or depression here.

YAY ME!

To all of you, CHEERS! 🍻

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Hope I never see Yeo, JVR, or well, most everyone else, especially Scott Laughton. I turned the games off in January. No anxiety or depression here.

YAY ME!

To all of you, CHEERS! 🍻

What's strange in my case?  I live 20 minutes from Sunrise and the new home of Mr. Giroux.  After years of doormat status, the Panthers are winning big-time.  But I haven't been to a game since pre-COVID and have little interest in what they do, despite moving to South Florida 40 years ago.  So, I watch the O&B...like Mets fans pre Amazin days or the Flyers before the Cup (yeah, I remember those days too).  

• Like 2

Well folks, ticket prices have hit a new low...$10:

FRIAPR 29, 2022
7:00 PM - Wells Fargo Center Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA, US
from
$10

I am seeing lower bowl seats for $35, club seats for $130.  Yep, Comcast is getting another signal about demand for their product.  It is richly deserved.

31 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

Well folks, ticket prices have hit a new low...$10:

FRIAPR 29, 2022
7:00 PM - Wells Fargo Center Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA, US
from
$10

I am seeing lower bowl seats for $35, club seats for $130.  Yep, Comcast is getting another signal about demand for their product.  It is richly deserved.

Drove down a few weeks ago for the Ducks game with my son and got lower bowl tickets six rows up for $37/per. 

i have a feeling these prices will remain unless they really have an encouraging off season and show the fans they are committed to change, 

• Like 1

wow $35 for a 100-level ticket. If I lived closer I'd go. I'd love to see Attard and Zamula up close. Tippetts too - what is with this guy is he imitating Konecny? Konecny's shooting at 7% this year; Tippetts can't be far behind (or ahead).

Well another Flyers' season comes to a disappointing end and the future...is not rosy. In fact it looks fairly bleak. Some exciting young players but no game breakers. No "can't miss" types. Fletcher sees that so he's on a mission to buy talent. Luckily for the Flyers that mission never goes wrong. Because the word from higher up is Win Now. Ol' Fletch wants to keep his job and he's got no prospects who can save it for him. What's a GM to do? Or more to the point, what's a Flyers' GM to do? I'm afraid that we already know.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, FireDillabaugh said:

Love his willingness to shoot instead of passing up scoring opportunities.  But, his inability to finish on the chances he gets is disappointing.  That said, I do like the line they had with Frost, Cates and Tippett.  Not surprising that this pathetic coaching staff splits that line up for the last game...

Absolutely horrible short side coverage by Jones on the Hamonic goal.

Hayes and Farabee are terrible yet again.

Nobody will ever accuse Owen Tippett of passing up a lot of shooting opportunities.

Well that was a fitting ending...Flyers give up another EN goal - or was it 2?

Glad to see Owen Tippett knock 1 down and it was a laser too. Good for him going into next season. Can't remember if he scored 5 on 3. If he did it was the Flyers' first all year.

Attard has a heavy shot and a cool head I like his game.

No surprise the Flyers finish with their worst PP/PK numbers in franchise history.

• Like 1

Well, we ended with a -87 goal differential.  That's almost too much to comprehend. 

I will start a post-mortem thread after the numbness wears off.  Some of the players appeared shell-shocked at the end of the game, particularly Laughton, who looks thin.  There was a shot of Fletcher and Holmgren in the box.  That was strange. It was classy to see the opposition shake hands with Yandle post-game.  

• Like 1

On 4/28/2022 at 12:12 PM, Howie58 said:

Greetings:

The bookies may be afraid of handicapping this effort (hard to find odds), but so far I see the O and B as mild favorite (-125) with a 55% win probability.  How that is reckoned after last night's schlockfest against Winnipeg is tough to swallow, but we've split our first two against the Sens.  

Attendance and the presence or absence of boos at the final horn may be the most important things to watch.  Thankfully, this will be the last time we see the likes of Thompson, Yandle, and other TBDs.  It's been my responsibility (save for last night and Pod's work) to begin these threads.  I take that seriously through thick and thin, but this season has been tough.  I don't like enabling depression, anxiety, and apathy.  Posting this makes me very sad.  

Thanks for the lineups H58. I check every game day to see if I've been called up. Enjoy the time off.

• Like 2

Have a nice summer everyone!

I would argue that This forum, (and the group of "regulars/supporters" who supply it with content), was the bright point of this season, for me. 1st time in my life where I stopped following the team. Sad.

I truly hope there is some SERIOUS change to this franchise this off season but I'm afraid we'll see more of the same faces next year in the office...and thus, more of the same product on the ice. I hope I'm wrong!

This franchise needs an enima....and Ed Snider back!

Cheers! 

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1