Reunited - Carter & Richards

Guest AndyS

Umm we have Jarret Stoll, we know what High and Wide is buddy.

That was truly funny.

You should know the real truth about Carter though, and it's not the "High 'n Wide" moniker - there is a kernel of truth to that, but only a kernel. For example, when Crater is struggling with confidence (or hungover) he is just as likely to put the puck in the middle of the crest. He'll do it all night, you watch.

More importantly - way more importantly, when it comes to Carter - is his inability to make a 3-foot pass. His vision and passing skills are below average (for a pro). For a centre, or long snapper as we like to call them, that is a huge weakness. I don't know about you, but I want my centers to see the ice and make passes across it. Pucks have a way better chance of going in the net.

He's also a southern Ontarrio softie. Gimme someone from Kenora. Hey now, wait a sec....

Enjoy.

Edited by Podein25

Seriously, what the hell are they doing in LA?

Since the lockout, the Flyers have been horribly inconsistent, lack-luster for large stretches, incapable of playing 60 minutes, run out several coaches, etc.

So what do they do in LA? Why, reassemble the above team. Apparently because playing in LA will turn out better than playing on the right coast. I don't get it.

LMAO

In a clear effort to beat @ruxpin to the punch, let me be the first to predict that the addition of Carter will not help LA's offense, not much at least. If it weren't for Quick they'd be even more screwed than they are.

I hope they have really strong end glass in the Staples Center. It's about to get tested...a LOT.

Wow. Howson trades Voracek, Couturier and Nick Cousins for Jack Johnson and a 1st. No wonder your team sucks..

Thought about it a little more.....

Basically, the Kings traded Wayne Simmonds, Jack Johnson, Brayden Schenn and a 1st for Richards and Carter

Well, if you look at this trade from a Columbus perspective, they esentially did this:

Trade Jakub Voracek and a first rounder (Sean Couturier)

Receive: Jack Johnson and a first rounder

All in all, not too bad.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess they get nowhere near the value with the 1st round pick of LAs that we got with their 1st. You never know, but the odds are against it.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess they get nowhere near the value with the 1st round pick of LAs that we got with their 1st. You never know, but the odds are against it.

You're probably right, although it would likely have more to do with the Blue Jackets absolutely atrocious scouting that leads to horrible draft picks than it would with the number whe the draft pick lands. For good lord, CBJ drafted Picard 8th overalL in 04, Zherdev with a number 4 pick the year before. But the worst has to be Gilbert brule With a #6 overall. CBJ would be better off reading their first round every year for a event player, when you look at their draft history!

@AndyS

"Was hoping that Homer would trade for Johnson. Oh well."

I loved Johnson when I saw him play for team USA in the WJHC, but in the NHL I think he has NEVER lived up to the promise. Say what you want about plus / minus, but when you are a player and your + / - is THREE times greater than anyone else on the team, it says something. Watch that + / - be quadrupled in Columbus!

@KingSkaggz24

"Carter-Richards-Nolan"

Carter is a worse winger than he is center. One of Carters assets is his speed, but he does not have first step speed. He has to get into third gear before it turns on- so he needs that additional ice as a centerman to get there. The Flyers tried him at wing and it did not work.