*** 2021-22 Playoffs Opening Round: St. Louis Blues (C3) at Minnesota Wild (C2) - (St.L WINS 4-2) ***

TropicalFruitGirl26

St. L vs Min  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Which Bruiser Takes The Next Step?

• 1- Blues continue their streak of the Wild, after winning the season 3-0, take the playoff set in a 4-0 sweep!
    • 2- Blues in 5, as the Wild put up a mild fight which ultimately results in just another day at the office for St. Louis
    • 3- Blues in 6 as the series is everything most fans thought, but the Blues still show they are much more prepared
    • 4- Blues in 7, as both teams battled tooth n nail, and the Wild almost pull it out, but St. Louis is focused on that 2nd Stanley Cup!
    • 5- Wild sweep as they flush away the regular season's meaning and say, "None of that matters here!"
    • 6- Wild win in 5 and despite some protests from the Blues, Minnesota uses them as a stepping stone easily.
    • 7- Wild in 6, tough series, but these bigger badder Wild still prove too much for the 'loaded Blues'
    • 8- Wild in 7, home ice proves to be an advantage, could have gone either way, but MN sends St. L packing in a very hotly contested set

This poll is closed to new votes

666826981_StLvsMNbackboard.jpg.d56c315768de128117409abf2ad61c8e.jpg

Season Series...who won it?
Blues took it 3-0-0

This was nip n tuck as to who was going to get home ice and BOTH teams played very well at home this season so that could turn out to be a factor.
Blues looking to relive some glory of not that long ago, and the Wild, the NEW look Wild, are looking to make some serious noise this time around and not simply be "someone's opponent" en route to their title aspirations.

For the first time perhaps in their playoff history, the Minnesota Wild have a true, big, heavy, nasty team with skill that is seemingly built for the playoffs.
The Blues are similar and they have many players that have certainly 'been there done that', and as I mentioned, some not so far removed from a SC a few seasons ago.

I am expecting a bruising match up here but will the winner be the ultimate loser...as in "too beat up" to take on either Colorado or Nashville in Round 2?
We will see!

All general series talk between the Blues and Wild can go right here!

Edited by TropicalFruitGirl26

37 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

666826981_StLvsMNbackboard.jpg.d56c315768de128117409abf2ad61c8e.jpg

Season Series...who won it?
Blues took it 3-0-0

This was nip n tuck as to who was going to get home ice and BOTH teams played very well at home this season so that could turn out to be a factor.
Blues looking to relive some glory of not that long ago, and the Wild, the NEW look Wild, are looking to make some serious noise this time around and not simply be "someone's opponent" en route to their title aspirations.

For the first time perhaps in their playoff history, the Minnesota Wild have a true, big, heavy, nasty team with skill that is seemingly built for the playoffs.
The Blues are similar and they have many players that have certainly 'been there done that', and as I mentioned, some not so far removed from a SC a few seasons ago.

I am expecting a bruising match up here but will the winner be the ultimate loser...as in "too beat up" to take on either Colorado or Nashville in Round 2?
We will see!

All general series talk between the Blues and Wild can go right here!

Actually in round 2 will be Colorado or Dallas. Stars have got a 4th place in our Division.

Regarding St. Louis wins 3-0-0 during regular season. In 2 out of 3 games these wins were extremely tough in OT for the Blues (4:3; 6:5). You are right, our team is different and multiple sources of media predicting difficult round for both teams.

10 minutes ago, Alexandron said:

Actually in round 2 will be Colorado or Dallas. Stars have got a 4th place in our Division.

Regarding St. Louis wins 3-0-0 during regular season. In 2 out of 3 games these wins were extremely tough in OT for the Blues (4:3; 6:5). You are right, our team is different and multiple sources of media predicting difficult round for both teams.

No, I believe I had it right.
Dallas finishes with the 1st WC, which means, Nashville is lowest seed...lowest seed plays highest seed (Colorado), thus Dallas gets matched up against Calgary in the Pacific bracket.

11 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

No, I believe I had it right.
Dallas finishes with the 1st WC, which means, Nashville is lowest seed...lowest seed plays highest seed (Colorado), thus Dallas gets matched up against Calgary in the Pacific bracket.

This is correct. Now hadn’t Nashville blown a 4 goal lead last night then it would be reversed but they choked 

I’m cautiously optimistic and going with Wild in 7 in what should be a hell of an entertaining series 

Edited by Jimtown guy
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, Trash Queen said:

Home ice is going to be huge in this series and the Wild having the edge here will put them over the top in 7 games. 

Welcome to the board. I am also predicting Wild win series in 7 games and voted already. Did you? 

• Like 1

The Blues in 6.  The Blues will win this series.  Bank on it. And I hope go all the way.   My biggest fear is them having to play Colorado  I am on the fence between the Blues and Flames in the West

Good to hear Foligno and Zucc should play. 
While Fiala brings a lot to the PP I hate seeing him on the blue line. He is so prone to bad turn overs on the blue line. 

While I really want the Wild to win, I have to pick St. Louis in 7. 

This one is a coin flip. I think that at some point, though, MAF is going to have a bad game and derail his team with no margin of error for either team. I just don't trust MAF (not that I trust Husso/Binnington much, either), and so I'm going Blues in 7.

Man, this set is as close to a pick'em as you are gonna find in this opening round.
I agree with @FD19372, coin flip indeed!

Could come down to something very simple like, who can stay more disciplined despite the inevitable rough stuff between these two or even the home ice due to the fact that both teams seem to play outstanding on their own sheet.

Sooooo, since the Wild have home ice, and since in my heart I can't bring myself to bet against them playing the Blues, gonna go Wild.... but I think it takes them all 7 games to do it.

But regardless of what happens, this series will be brutal, will be nasty, and I would not be surprised one bit if a suspension or two crop out of this....maybe making whomever the winner is easier pickings for their second round opponent.

• Like 2

This is the series I'm most looking forward to in RD 1.

Two good teams that are playing well.  Lots of skilled players, lots of good role players and character guys. 

Some bad blood, I think MAF steals a game in this series and that will be the difference 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Jimtown guy said:

Looks like Foligno and Zucc will be ready to play 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CdBWWfQuKL4/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

Thanks for the good news.

Here are our Wild lines according to Russo twit:

Michael Russo@RussoHockey

11h

#mnwild lines

Kaprizov-Hartman-Zuccarello

Fiala-Gaudreau-Boldy

Greenway-Eriksson Ek-Foligno