*** 2021-22 Playoffs Opening Round: St. Louis Blues (C3) at Minnesota Wild (C2) - (St.L WINS 4-2) ***

TropicalFruitGirl26

St. L vs Min  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Which Bruiser Takes The Next Step?

• 1- Blues continue their streak of the Wild, after winning the season 3-0, take the playoff set in a 4-0 sweep!
    • 2- Blues in 5, as the Wild put up a mild fight which ultimately results in just another day at the office for St. Louis
    • 3- Blues in 6 as the series is everything most fans thought, but the Blues still show they are much more prepared
    • 4- Blues in 7, as both teams battled tooth n nail, and the Wild almost pull it out, but St. Louis is focused on that 2nd Stanley Cup!
    • 5- Wild sweep as they flush away the regular season's meaning and say, "None of that matters here!"
    • 6- Wild win in 5 and despite some protests from the Blues, Minnesota uses them as a stepping stone easily.
    • 7- Wild in 6, tough series, but these bigger badder Wild still prove too much for the 'loaded Blues'
    • 8- Wild in 7, home ice proves to be an advantage, could have gone either way, but MN sends St. L packing in a very hotly contested set

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, EmptyShelf said:

We SHOULD show the F*&% up and play like a 14-1-1 team at home.  This is EMBARRASSING on D, and an inability to bury the d*^n puck.

Agree with that but still we are trying hard. Husso is too good(better than Fleury) and his posts too in these 2 periods. 

2 bonehead undisciplined penalties killed our good pressure.
I'm all for Playoff intensity but think people and don't react to those situations.

Edited by ClusterChuck
  • Like 1

Just now, ClusterChuck said:

2 bonehead undisciplined penalties killed our good pressure.
I'm all for Playoff intesity but think people and don't react to those situations.

Greenways second was benching material. Offensive zone and the puck was long gone. Absolutely stupid 

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

3 minutes ago, Alexandron said:

Sad part also, according to Jimtown Guy table, we had 0 goals in 5 Power Plays opportunities during 2 periods. Not acceptable.

Story for most of the year really, So not surprising.
I remember saying long ago if we had a decent PP, We'd be a dangerous team.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ClusterChuck said:

Story for most of the year really, So not surprising.
I remember saying long ago if we had a decent PP, We'd be a dangerous team.

It certainly has and I’ve been of broken record lately saying how our special will be their downfall. I’d love for them to prove me wrong 

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

3 minutes ago, Jimtown guy said:

It certainly have and I’ve been a broken record lately saying how our special teams will be their downfall. I’d love for them to prove me wrong 

10 minutes ago, Jimtown guy said:

Greenways second was benching material. Offensive zone and the puck was long gone. Absolutely stupid 

Agreed...Problem with that is we need the Grief line intact.

Evason..."We're built for 5 on 5"
But then you're The 3rd most penalized team in the league. That does not equate to a winning formula.

1 hour ago, FireDillabaugh said:

Really can't blame the team much on the goals given up by Flower.  This is the game that Fleury has left in him.

Not sure how it's unfortunate.  The Wild has to ride Talbot, or get their tee times straight quickly.  Fleury is just not a goaltender that's going to carry a team through a playoff series any longer.  Doesn't matter how much fans want him to still be that goaltender.  He's just not anymore.

Regardless, the defense has been dog$hit.  You don't leave Ryan O'Reilly and Perron wide open on the posts......Clue - it ain't the goalie, and the Wild cannot buy a goal either.

• Like 1