*** 2021-22 Playoffs Opening Round: Pittsburgh Penguins (M3) at New York Rangers (M2) - (NYR WIN 4-3) ***

TropicalFruitGirl26

PIT vs NYR  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Who Advances In Their Quest For Lord Stanley?

• 1- Pens in 4 as they sweep away the dreamin Rangers
    • 2- Pens in 5 as they play like it's 2016 or 2017 and have little trouble against the Blueshirts
    • 3- Pens in 6 as the series gets heated and tense, but the birds show they are better in the end
    • 4- Pens in 7 as they break the bad news to the Rangers fans, up close and personal, in MSG
    • 5- Rangers in a 4-game sweep, showing the Pens are yesterday's news and have no business being here
    • 6- Rangers in 5 as they grow and mature into real contenders, and show Pitts the door in the process
    • 7- Rangers in 6 as the series shifts many times, but NY proves they are just that much hungrier
    • 8- Rangers in 7...the Pens give all they have, but it just isn't enough and the elite Pits core realizes, they may never be here again!

This poll is closed to new votes

5 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

What the hell kinda shoulder pads is Rust wearing he looks like an NFL linebacker.

Maybe before flying out to NY, he got into the Steeler locker room where security was SPECIFICALLY told he was NOT to be let into! 😄

Wow.
Evan Freakin Rodrigues.

Talk about a blue collar goal with a white collar finish!
Worked his arse off short handed to push that up ice, had a Ranger player draped on him before losing him, then puts one top shelf on Shesterkin.

Maybe that Vezina Shesterkin isn't in there after all...

Edited by TropicalFruitGirl26
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Talk about a blue collar goal

Is he Basque by any chance?  That was a freaking jai alai shot the way he followed through with his cesta er I mean twig.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Wow.
Evan Freakin Rodrigues.

Talk about a blue collar goal with a white collar finish!
Worked his arse off short handed to push that up ice, had a Ranger player draped on him before losing him, then puts one top shelf on Shesterkin.

Maybe that Vezina Shesterkin isn't in there after all...

This game could be 6-2 if it weren’t for him 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FireDillabaugh said:

Hahaha!!  Praising an NHL goaltender when they're playing well is like the kiss of death jinx.  Shutout or not.  It's just not good hockey karma.  ;)

This is very true. Been coaching this game for nearly 40 years and my teams keep their mouths shut about our goalie during a game. I’m superstitious as it gets 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Math said:

Pens are undefeated in their history in game #7 played... on the road (6-0). That's pretty insane.

That is pretty epic.  On Penguin home ice though, the Capitals arguably scored the biggest goal in their entire history when Kuznetsov bagged the game 7 OT winner in the 2018 2nd round.  

But I digress…

3 minutes ago, SaucyJack said:

That is pretty epic.  On Penguin home ice though, the Capitals arguably scored the biggest goal in their entire history when Kuznetsov bagged the game 7 OT winner in the 2018 2nd round.  

But I digress…

So we can arguably claim that Pittsburgh is the worst team in the League and the most epic chokers in game #7 with the home ice advantage. :rofl:

Just now, Math said:

So we can arguably claim that Pittsburgh is the worst team in the League and the most epic chokers in game #7 with the home ice advantage. :rofl:

Maybe that explains why they let off the gas towards the end of the regular season, to NOT get home ice, but then punched it up a bit just in time to make the playoffs and still avoid the wildcard slots. 

Brilliant! :ph34r:

8 minutes ago, Math said:

So we can arguably claim that Pittsburgh is the worst team in the League and the most epic chokers in game #7 with the home ice advantage.

No, I’m quite sure Washington holds that dubious record but Toronto is making their own run at them for playoffs futility albeit with a long way to go.