*** 2021-22 Playoffs Opening Round: Tampa Bay Lightning (A3) at Toronto Maple Leafs (A2) - (TBL WIN 4-3) ***

TropicalFruitGirl26

TBL vs TOR  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Whose History Gets Enhanced This Series?

• 1- Lightning win in 4 proving once again, Leaves® in the NHL always fall in Spring
    • 2- Lightning in 5... Toronto shows a bit of game, but still, not anywhere near enough to get by the defending champs
    • 3- Lightning in 6. Leafs play tough, play hard, but the cool n calm Bolts show them how it's done anyways.
    • 4- Lightning in 7. Epic series filled with tough play, fancy goals, stellar goaltending....but sees Toronto fall just short.
    • 5- Leafs in 4. New Toronto, old Tampa Bay. Leafs on a mission!
    • 6- Leafs in 5. Bolts can't quite come up with the right formula this time, and Toronto looks damned good putting away the defending champs.
    • 7- Leafs in 6. Great series that sees the Maple Leafs seemingly always a step ahead of the Lightning
    • 8- Leafs in 7. Toronto caps a great series doing something no one has been able to do in a long time: Close out Vasilevskiy and his crew. Leafs nation is ecstatic at home!

This poll is closed to new votes

Just now, Toronto Jules said:

The Captain finally breaks the ice. 

2-1 now. 

Lucky bounce goal, but it counts just the same...WITH a huge assist to Nylander who took that hard shot to begin with.

ESPN crew were wanting so hard for it to be Johnny P's goal, they got their wish! :bigteeth: 
Now...like I said before...we need to talk about, and focus on, the scoring drought of one Zach Bogosian! :ph34r: 

Refs playing primadonna once again....called Stamkos on a borderline play that could have been let go as AM looked like he was already falling before Stamkos even breathed on him.

Oh well... back to the Toronto PP.
Bolts need to kill this, and gain energy from it.
Still have the lead....the best Tor can do is tie.

Toronto throwing EVERYTHING at the Lightning from every angle... Champs holding strong.
Vasy making saves, Bolts defenders blocking shots, bone crunching hits being delivered.

Leaves® better come up with another one during all this, or much like a boxer, could 'punch themselves' out and have nothing but their bruised bodies to show for it in the late stages of the 2nd or early stage of the 3rd!

2 minutes ago, FireDillabaugh said:

That's a charge and a boarding against Matthews.

I was actually thinking the same, but didn't want to appear like a "homer" :bigteeth: 

Espn crew calling it shoulder to shoulder, but AM saw the numbers, and hit Serge in the back. Plus, Serge's head might have bounced off the glass.
I've seen penalties called based on the result as much, or more so, than the action.

But, no one heard that from me.
Sergachev has a bit of a mean streak. Not so sure Matthews wants to wake that up in the young Russian.
He could ruin AM's series with an illegal smash against the boards or into the corner somewhere.

Not condoning that, mind you, but just saying that Sergachev doesn't always think, and just reacts when he is angry (yep, something he needs to work on), and Matthews, or someone on his line, could pay a hefty price.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Let the roller coaster begin!

Or not…we are at risk of possibly stopping these puck-filled proceedings, as it is dangerously close to being more fun than people are supposed to have.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• TropicalFruitGirl26 changed the title to 2021-22 Playoffs Opening Round: Tampa Bay Lightning (A3) at Toronto Maple Leafs (A2) - (TOR Leads 3-2)
23 minutes ago, Toronto Jules said:

Lightning just may have what it takes to bring the series back to Toronto, but that is going to be tough winning two in a row and with the Toronto crowd surely going crazy it is going to be extra hard. 

Well Toronto doesn't want to leave it to a game 7 so they should take care of business in game 6. Otherwise the ghosts of game 7 past may come back to haunt the Leafs.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lindbergh31 said:

Well Toronto doesn't want to leave it to a game 7 so they should take care of business in game 6. Otherwise the ghosts of game 7 past may come back to haunt the Leafs.

I would love them to handle it in Tampa, but I am not going to say it is going to be an easy accomplishment. 

I can't get over the Leafs being in FIVE Game 5's in the Matthews/Marner era for 7-game-series and every single one of them have been 1-goal games. Record moves to 3-2 in Game 5 of 7-game series. Still, have yet to win a series after winning Game 5 in the Matthews/Marner era.

Tampa may honestly like TFG said have Toronto right where they want them. I trust the Wild to beat St. Louis in 7 and they're down 3-2, more than I trust the Leafs up 3-2. 

Also, amazing the Leafs give up the first and second goals, and still win in a series that's had no lead changes. First goal is so critical. The odds in this first round are hovering near 90% if memory serves. 

Tonight, was very un-Leaf like. This team does not do this. Especially, not against a team like Tampa. But, I have to believe Tampa isn't overly concerned. Just have to win back-to-back games. A team that's won back-to-back Cups can't be sweating beating a team known for no killer instinct and losing Game 7's. 

Get the AED on standby for Thursday night. The BP is already up. 

Must give these Leafs credit.  Could have folded the tents when down 2-0.  No way.  Can they close out Tampa in Tampa in game 6?  The bookmakers in Vegas have Tampa favored of course in game 6.  I think the Leafs need to go in with the mind set to close them out. Get rid of them and then the East belongs to them. I see no other team in the East beating them.  Tampa is the toughest out. Florida cant match them on defense should they survive vs the Caps.  Boston and Carolina are killing each other.  And I never saw the Penguins being up 3-1 vs the Rangers who are the better team.  Go Leafs Go.  I am pulling for them in the East.  It might take 7 but they are tough at home.

Tampa has no Will. The Leafs have Will Nylander. Where there's no will, there's no way. 

No lineup changes for Leafs. Simmonds and Clifford sit another one out. 

Does Toronto's playoff drought end, or does Tampa's playoff run continue?

The last 4 appearances in Tampa:

Toronto 6 Tampa 2

Tampa 8 Toronto 1

Toronto 3 Tampa 2

Tampa 7 Toronto 3

Please, let the pattern hold. Toronto's turn tonight. 

• Like 1