*** 2021-22 Playoffs Opening Round: Tampa Bay Lightning (A3) at Toronto Maple Leafs (A2) - (TBL WIN 4-3) ***

TropicalFruitGirl26

TBL vs TOR  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Whose History Gets Enhanced This Series?

• 1- Lightning win in 4 proving once again, Leaves® in the NHL always fall in Spring
    • 2- Lightning in 5... Toronto shows a bit of game, but still, not anywhere near enough to get by the defending champs
    • 3- Lightning in 6. Leafs play tough, play hard, but the cool n calm Bolts show them how it's done anyways.
    • 4- Lightning in 7. Epic series filled with tough play, fancy goals, stellar goaltending....but sees Toronto fall just short.
    • 5- Leafs in 4. New Toronto, old Tampa Bay. Leafs on a mission!
    • 6- Leafs in 5. Bolts can't quite come up with the right formula this time, and Toronto looks damned good putting away the defending champs.
    • 7- Leafs in 6. Great series that sees the Maple Leafs seemingly always a step ahead of the Lightning
    • 8- Leafs in 7. Toronto caps a great series doing something no one has been able to do in a long time: Close out Vasilevskiy and his crew. Leafs nation is ecstatic at home!

This poll is closed to new votes

So nice to have TNT & TBS for a month. Sling had 1/2 price sale for a month.  I grabbed it yesterday.  I can miss things like games 3 & 4 but not 6’s or 7’s 😊 

A shame this is only a first-rounder; could easily be a conference final.

I love Cirelli. Just not when he's playing the Leafs. 

Finally, got a chance to see the Palat goal. Oh. My. No! 

Thought Travis Dermott was back. 

One of the worst plays I've ever seen in a big playoff game. 

Leafs are hanging. Very good sign. 

Perhaps, an OT in our future? Now, that would be something. 

1 minute ago, 3 Palmateers said:

Leafs smelling it. They've never smelled it before.

“I love the smell of ice pucks in the evening; that rubbery petrol-like smell…smells like …Victory..”

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SaucyJack said:

“I love the smell of ice pucks in the evening; that rubbery petrol-like smell…smells like …Victory..”

Honestly, you could feel it. They were sniffing it hard before that 2nd goal, and BAM! ...Cap'n with a 3rd. 

This is as close as this team has ever been to winning a series. Not just on scoreboard, but just in sense. That feeling that they're about to break through...finally. 

That 3rd should be something. Tampa could score 3 or 4 and switch this all around headed back for Game 7. Never know what to expect from these teams as both can get red hot and ice cold in a matter of minutes. Dueling microwaves. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Toronto Jules said:

That was so quick. Spezza and the Captain. Going crazy!!!! 1 period to go. Definitely not over yet, but if they keep the intensity up they can do it. 

Not sure if you're a football fan, but this one feels like it might be Bills/Chiefs in the 3rd. Lots of emotion swings. 

So happy YOUR Captain got hot at the right time. He's baaaaaaaaack. 

Can Black Jack Campbell pirate us through 20 minutes and into the 2nd round? Yo ho...Yo ho... 

EDIT: If the Leafs win, there may be a parade just for a 1st round win. 

Edited by 3 Palmateers
  • Like 1

I'm never "the sky is falling" type fan, but there are times in series when even when a team DOES EVERYTHING right like TB has, the other team just won't be denied and crazy things happen.... bounces, goals rattled off one after another...HUGE saves by the opposition....and right now, that is Toronto with all that stuff going for them.

During the intermission, the analysts are gushing over Matthews, Tavares...ok, yea, I get it, they are the ones putting the pucks in the net, but to me, the one big reason Toronto is not only in this game, but now leading, is Jack Campbell.

Campbell hasn't been elite, and when the Bolts have beat him, he has looked pretty bad, but gosh darn it if he doesn't come up with a key save, at a key time, to keep the Champions off the board....just long enough for the offense everyone wants to hand the credit to, to do their thing.

I am willing to bet, that if Campbell had been beaten by Kucherov, Stamkos, Point at any time during chances those players have had, it breaks Toronto down just a little bit, and raises the mountain the Leaves® likely feel they then have to overcome.

Campbell makes those big saves, Toronto stays just a goal or so behind, offense is now relaxed, full of energy, Bolts defenders can't believe what they are seeing, and off the Leaves® go taking over the game.

Have seen that a few times in prior games where a TB score could have possibly broken Toronto's confidence, but Campbell's save kept it intact.
Obviously a team needs to score to win, but it is no small thing for the goalie to keep them in it, while the offense finds their spots.

If the Leaves® win this series, I have NO problem saying their MVP, despite his sometimes very average play, is Jack Campbell.....headlines be damned.

But, we got a 3rd period to go.
Kucherov needs to get his head out of his vodka... Braydon Point needs to transform into super attacer, and Alex Killorn needs his playoff alarm clock to go off.
If not, this is over tonight.

3 minutes ago, 3 Palmateers said:

You knew this was coming and maybe not just once. 

PP kill. Kampf is vital to PK. 

Oh, it came not once, but TWICE.

Tied. And, still PP time left for Tampa. 

On that last point shot on Vasi, he was fortunate to not give up a rebound. Matthews was WIDE OPEN just sitting there ready to pounce and he wouldn't have Hagel'd it. 

This is what it's all about. 

BTW, I've ALWAYS hated Jack Campbell in OT situations. 

No matter who scores, I think that team wins the series. 

Edited by 3 Palmateers
  • Like 1