*** 2021-22 Playoffs Opening Round: Washington Capitals (WC2) at Florida Panthers (A1) - (FLA WINS 4-2) ***

WSH vs FLA  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Caps or Cats? You make the call!

• 1- Capitals in 4. Ovie is healthy, is a monster, and everyone else on the team become monsters too. Florida is skinned alive!
    • 2- Capitals in 5. Wsh takes it to Florida, Panthers grab a win, but find out real quick the playoffs and regular season are NOT the same.
    • 3- Capitals in 6. Each team dictates the pace, each come out with wins because of it....but the Caps don't need a full series to upset Mr. President Trophy Winners.
    • 4- Capitals in 7. Thrilling series that features everything, including the lowly WC seed ousting the highest point getters. Would Ovie and his Caps be on their way to Lord Stanley then??
    • 5- Panthers in 4. Washington are back to being regular season competitors. Nothing more than an annoyance to the Cats.
    • 6- Panthers in 5. Capitals try but the Panthers laugh at their feeble attempts at greatness.
    • 7- Panthers in 6. Washington gives as good as they get, but Florida won't be denied, certainly not by these wild card dudes.
    • 8- Panthers in 7. Cats get a close call scare...Capitals looked like they would ruin their run, but Florida, with the dozen home ice fans behind them, pull out the distance series win!

This poll is closed to new votes

11 minutes ago, 3 Palmateers said:

Tested positive for COVID? That's going around like crazy right now. MLB postponed the White Sox/Cleveland game today due to too many positives on the Guardians.

Postgame show said Beninati lost his voice.  But yeah, COVID not gone.  Most of the time I care for my elderly mother in the Midwest who is immunocompromised.  We’ve both taken 2nd booster.  Still, I mask everywhere, since if I get it, she’ll get it and likely not survive it.  When I go to a Midwest grocery store or pharmacy, I’ve been in a small minority of The Masked recently.

• Like 2
  • Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Superbowl, World Series, NBA Championships, World Cup. Nothing even comes close to the Stanley Cup Playoffs. 

Postgame show said Beninati lost his voice.  But yeah, COVID not gone.  Most of the time I care for my elderly mother in the Midwest who is immunocompromised.  We’ve both taken 2nd booster.  Still, I mask everywhere, since if I get it, she’ll get it and likely not survive it.  When I go to a Midwest grocery store or pharmacy, I’ve been in a small minority of The Masked recently.

Posted Images

It would be great for the Capitals to get Tom Wilson back in the next game. He not only adds that physical aspect to the team which could have really helped the team possibly hold these leads the past two games. He also adds more offense to the Capitals game. 

• Like 1
  • TropicalFruitGirl26 changed the title to 2021-22 Playoffs Opening Round: Washington Capitals (WC2) at Florida Panthers (A1) - (FLA Leads 3-2)

Game 6: again no Tom Wilson.  Conor Sheary playing on the Ovechkin-Kuznetsov line.  And he nearly scored at about the 5:40 mark.

And in the Caps TV booth, no Joe Beninati again:  out per “illness”.  In his place, radio man John Walton*

*if you’ve never heard his radio call of the 2018 second round, where Kuznetsov won the series against Pittsburgh and ended Washington’s  ‘Penguins Curse’…well I haven’t searched for it lately but hope it is on YouTube.

Caps announcers making too much of their PK being 17-for-17 so far.  As they always say at election time, “It’s the 5-on-5, stupid.”

Not much of a playoffs feel to this Game 6 as it enters the 2nd intermission tied 1-1.

(Time to turn the sound on for Pens/Rags on the other screen.)

Capitals now the only one of eight Eastern Conference playoff contenders with less than 3 wins.

But Backstrom does a crazy tip in as I typed.  2-1 Caps.  Can we get all eight with three wins ?!?

13 minutes ago, SaucyJack said:

Capitals now the only one of eight Eastern Conference playoff contenders with less than 3 wins.

But Backstrom does a crazy tip in as I typed.  2-1 Caps.  Can we get all eight with three wins ?!?

Ekblad to Giroux is looking for that NOT to happen....

Alright Giroux - 3rd goal of the series... Yeah he loves to pass, set up his mates but he's got great hands and a quick release he should've upped his attempts years ago.

If the Capitals lose this lead they have no one to blame but themselves for losing this series. I know the Panthers are known as the "Comeback Cats", but when you get to this time you have to shut it down, especially on home ice. 

I knew it.  Hit the post, Florida counterattacks and scores.

All late game heroics to the Cats this series.  They’re better than Washington.

2 minutes ago, Toronto Jules said:

when you get to this time you have to shut it down, especially on home ice.

They’ve not been good at this all season.

Just now, SaucyJack said:

I knew it.  Hit the post, Florida counterattacks and scores.

All late game heroics to the Cats this series.  They’re better than Washington.

All in all though the Capitals played the President trophy winners really tough this series. I don't think anyone thought they would have taken them even this far into the series. 

4 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Yeah he loves to pass, set up his mates but he's got great hands and a quick release he should've upped his attempts years ago.

Way too much finishing talent to not be a career 30+ goal scorer, instead of the ~20 goal scorer he is.

2 minutes ago, Toronto Jules said:

but when you get to this time you have to shut it down, especially on home ice. 

They tried to win the game 2-1.  Simply can't do that against Florida.  Yes, against some other opponents, you might try shutting it down.  Not with Florida.  Have to keep going at them trying to extend leads as much as possible.

• Like 1
  • TropicalFruitGirl26 changed the title to *** 2021-22 Playoffs Opening Round: Washington Capitals (WC2) at Florida Panthers (A1) - (FLA WINS 4-2) ***
  • TropicalFruitGirl26 unpinned this topic