*** 2021-22 Playoffs Opening Round: Washington Capitals (WC2) at Florida Panthers (A1) - (FLA WINS 4-2) ***

WSH vs FLA  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Caps or Cats? You make the call!

• 1- Capitals in 4. Ovie is healthy, is a monster, and everyone else on the team become monsters too. Florida is skinned alive!
    • 2- Capitals in 5. Wsh takes it to Florida, Panthers grab a win, but find out real quick the playoffs and regular season are NOT the same.
    • 3- Capitals in 6. Each team dictates the pace, each come out with wins because of it....but the Caps don't need a full series to upset Mr. President Trophy Winners.
    • 4- Capitals in 7. Thrilling series that features everything, including the lowly WC seed ousting the highest point getters. Would Ovie and his Caps be on their way to Lord Stanley then??
    • 5- Panthers in 4. Washington are back to being regular season competitors. Nothing more than an annoyance to the Cats.
    • 6- Panthers in 5. Capitals try but the Panthers laugh at their feeble attempts at greatness.
    • 7- Panthers in 6. Washington gives as good as they get, but Florida won't be denied, certainly not by these wild card dudes.
    • 8- Panthers in 7. Cats get a close call scare...Capitals looked like they would ruin their run, but Florida, with the dozen home ice fans behind them, pull out the distance series win!

This poll is closed to new votes

Story of Washington’s season…susceptible to forechecking by good teams.  Caused the giveaway here leading to the series winner.

Was hoping for some luck and the poorer team tied 3-3 but no.  Well I predicted Cats sweep so…can’t complain too much.

Just now, SaucyJack said:

Story of Washington’s season…susceptible to forechecking by good teams.  Caused the giveaway here leading to the series winner.

Was hoping for some luck and the poorer team tied 3-3 but no.  Well I predicted Cats sweep so…can’t complain too much.

It won't help you feel any better, but I had the Caps as my upset special for Round 1..... WSH in 6 I picked.
Really thought they had what it took to rattle the Panthers.

Cats have grown more than I gave them credit for since being eliminated last year.

3 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Cats have grown more than I gave them credit for

And just think how easier it would have been for them if they had managed an average percentage on the power play.

I predict they won’t go zero for 18 next round.  

In the postgame, Caps studio team admit that the 5-on-5 play killed them this series.

Edited by SaucyJack

Panthers look VERY beatable for a Presidents' trophy winner. 

Had Washington had Tom Wilson for this series, it very well could've been different. 

Whomever gets Florida between Tampa and Toronto shouldn't be daunted by the task in front of them, as the one they'll have just completed will have been tougher. 

What guts by Washington to tie it up late. Easily could've mailed it in after going down 3-2. 

Florida does what Florida does with those comebacks. Never can count them out even up 3 or 4 with minutes to go. 

Much better series than many anticipated but I thought Washington had a very good chance until Wilson got hurt. Weight of being Presidents' winner is a heavy burden as Tampa found out before going on their run. 

17 minutes ago, SaucyJack said:

Not a happy camper.

4CDE1EAA-1747-4213-88D0-39CD0C8A226B.jpeg

I bet he isn't.
NOT a good way to get his per diem money :ph34r: 

Plus, now his Backstrom insurance premiums for he and his wife will go up.

If he doesn't, then poor Backy is in trouble. What then?? :bigteeth: 

• TropicalFruitGirl26 changed the title to *** 2021-22 Playoffs Opening Round: Washington Capitals (WC2) at Florida Panthers (A1) - (FLA WINS 4-2) ***

Nice to see the Giroux acquisition paying off in a big way. I'm happy for Bob too - first goalie to 4 wins.

I love that 6 of the 8 series are going to G7. I imagine that hasn't happened very often (if ever) since they went to 16 PO teams.