It was a GREAT run!

Guest SpikeDDS

Congratulations to the Canucks. They earned that victory. It was absolutely AMAZING that the Wings were up after one! They did well to right the ship, but those Sedins are fantastic players. That tying goal was a DAGGER!

LOUSY icing call, BTW, but no excuses.

Howard and Helmer were both stellar tonight.

And yes, we missed Datsyuk in that shootout. Three pretty uninspired shots for the Wings. Very nice winner for the Canucks. Howard isn't God.

Well played after the first by both teams. Vancouver outplayed us overall. It was just a matter of time before we got outplayed AND outscored.

...and I missed it. Missed it all! Damn Thursday night leagues...

I'd rather the streak end this way, in a super close game against a super good team. That would have been real lousy if they lost 5-0 to Columbus or something like that. Anyone catch the crowd shots of people crying? Crying?? REALLY? CRYING???

@WingNut722

You would have loved watching Helm. He was the best player on the ice tonight for either team. That boy is coming along. He learns to finish better, and he's gonna be something else!

Helm kinda reminds me of Kris Draper. How many times did Drapes have breakaway opportunities that ended with "SAVE!"? He was so good at getting past the defense. Helm has that same ability with his speed. Hope this is a sign that Helm might be moving beyond that level.

Two very skilled teams played a solid game, Vancouver came out and owned the Wings in the first, the Wings found their legs and pushed back for the final two. Congrats on a great streak, at least we got a point. Now we can concentrate on the division and going for the highest seed possible.

@WingNut722

Helm kinda reminds me of Kris Draper. How many times did Drapes have breakaway opportunities that ended with "SAVE!"? He was so good at getting past the defense. Helm has that same ability with his speed. Hope this is a sign that Helm might be moving beyond that level.

Helm studied under Drapes for a couple years and played on the same line. That in itself will rub off on a young kid. I love watching Helm play anytime. He puts so much effort and heart into the game. His speed is incredible, and his puck-handling skills are contantly improving. Darren Helm, Drew Miller, and Justin Abdelkader...the Future of The Detroit Red Wings.

Helm studied under Drapes for a couple years and played on the same line. That in itself will rub off on a young kid. I love watching Helm play anytime. He puts so much effort and heart into the game. His speed is incredible, and his puck-handling skills are contantly improving. Darren Helm, Drew Miller, and Justin Abdelkader...the Future of The Detroit Red Wings.

Now if he can only hone his skills on the draws to Drapes' level... We need someone good and reliable other than Pavel.

Draper was at a different level. Until the let season or so, better than Datsyuk. Usually close to leading the league or actually doing so. Pavel wasn't far behind. I can't tell you we don't miss Draper's draws late in the 3rd in close games.