18 minutes ago, FireDillabaugh said:

Quote from this ridiculous article that only reinforces Provorov's comments regarding media in this city:

Nobody - and I mean nobody - pays attention to Flyers media more than the players.

Exponentially.

And that's a real problem for the players.

Seriously, imagine giving a rat's ass what Anthony Sandifilippo said.

After one of the worst seasons in organization*al history, players are dunking on the media in exit interviews

#winning

• Thanks 1

@radoran

Precisely,  Ivan is acting a baby.

He can take responsibility or he can pout.

He has earned zero grace from anyone based on his play.

The bad year wasn't his fault.

It was the mean writers.

He can **** right off to the moon with that crap.

He's not Mike Schmidt, or even Allen Iverson.

He needs to shut up and play better. 

He sure as hell shouldn't be considered a leader with this weak stick behavior. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FireDillabaugh said:

Maybe they should FINALLY take the signals given to them and improve?  Maybe?  But, I guess that's too much to ask for this city's media group.

Or the players...

2 hours ago, FireDillabaugh said:

What matters is Provorov's play on the ice.

End of story.

Which hasn't been standout, obvious #1 D man.

Was pretty ordinary for much of the season.

And has shown that he's at best a #2 reliant upon a solid partner to really have a chance at being an impact player.

So he's got that going for him.

Edited by radoran
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, radoran said:

Minus fuc#ing 20 to be exact.

Plus/Minus is not the end all be all statistic...

It's not like Ivan is putting up 25/35 with that -20 number. The way the 4th worst defenseman in the league did during his prime.

I can easily think of 30 defenseman I'd rather have play for my team than this version of Provorov. 

#nothisfault

14 hours ago, CoachX said:

@mojo1917

I really think the guy could be one of those players who is a gnarly spark plug for the team. It just seems to me won't go there. In this forum it's talked about like he does,  and occasionally you see an offensive flash. But in my mind, he's lacking

The team does not have many sparkplug but we do have a high number of butt plugs. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, radoran said:

Or the players...

And has shown that he's at best a #2 reliant upon a solid partner to really have a chance at being an impact player.

So he's got that going for him.

No sense in getting mad with the players when it seems their bosses would prefer to avoid the attention and questions as well..

Just following the leaders lead...

:BrownBag:

• Like 1

On 5/2/2022 at 4:24 PM, CoachX said:

Any other player on this team,  who is overpaid, gets lambasted regularly, and is another example of the inept management.  But not this guy.

I do agree with you on one point, he does "play". My issue with him is that he could be worthy of the praise he receives here. But he strikes me as a guy content to do just enough

You know why I don't mind Laughton? Because unlike almost every single player Fletcher has brought on this team, he's tradeable. You could actually get an asset for a guy like him with his contract. I don't mean Fletcher could, I mean you or I or the next person you see. 

Now let's compare him to, say, one of my favorite Flyers of all time...Kevin Hayes. Laughton makes $3 million a year for 4 more years which will take him to 31. Haysee makes $7 million a year for 4 more years which takes him to 33. Laughton scored 30 points, Haysee 31.  Now 1 point clearly isn't worth the extra $4 million, but lets look deeper. Maybe Haysee is great at faceoffs?  Haysee won a whopping 42% of his faceoffs, while Laughton won 51% while taking more. Maybe Haysee is a better sniper. He scored at a blazing 7.9% rate while Laughtons shooting % was 10.0 Hmmm. Ok, lets check +/-...Laughton was -9....Haysee, -20, in less games. That's hard to do. Ok,  Haysee is 6'5" 220 lbs, Laughton is only 6'1" 190 lbs. Maybe Haysee is way more physical, I mean you'd think with all that size, right? Haysee threw 36 hits this season. Laughton? 151. Ok, lets look at who's the laziest f*** on the ice, game in and game out for either team, no matter who they're playing (unless it's against Kessels Yotes) Winner, winner, chicken dinner,,,Haysee runs away with this o...what's that? Oh, sorry James Van Riemsdyk, you're right...it's a tie.

Now I don't "love" Scott Laughton by any means, but I don't have a clue why you pick on him, when we've got the guy Fletcher is building the team around putting up those kind of number and ol' Fletch scratching his head on why the Flyers suck.

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

Now I don't "love" Scott Laughton by any means, but I don't have a clue why you pick on him, when we've got the guy Fletcher is building the team around putting up those kind of number and ol' Fletch scratching his head on why the Flyers suck

Those other guys are pretty much what we expect they are. Worthless.

Laughton can do more than he does, but doesn't. 

It also gets me riled up when many posters laud him for being what he isnt, and credit him for doing things he just doesn't do

14 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Those other guys are pretty much what we expect they are. Worthless.

Laughton can do more than he does, but doesn't. 

It also gets me riled up when many posters laud him for being what he isnt, and credit him for doing things he just doesn't do

Yes he does. :whistle:

after watching this clip, I have the weird idea its a metaphor for the Flyers front office, or maybe their draft strategy

...would explain alot

Edited by CoachX
  • Haha 2