Bryzo is the Anchor that Sinks this Ship

Guest The Quigster

Yeah, Bryz actually performed last night. Had at least 2-3 huge saves but the team couldn't score. Another marginal NHL goalie on the opposing team made to look like an All Star

You'd think the league would have figured out that this is the surefire way to beat us by now. Remember when we made Minnesota's fourth string goalie look like Patrick F*ckin' Roy?

• Like 1

@

Did you happen to catch the game? Bryzgalov actually played well. The rest of the team? Not so much....

I thought his second goal was weak. That one that went through his legs. He did have some good stops, but got outplayed by Dubnyk. It's not like we didn't have our shots on goal. Oilers goalie managed to stop everything thrown at him. Bryz couldn't say the same.

If he hadn't been in goal, maybe Bob makes both saves! These "what if" scenarios can be pretty entertaining. I'm still frustrated that Dubnyk manages to get a shutout. Maybe that's on our offense, but if a goalie like Dubnyk can rise to the occassion, why can't we expect the same thing from our star goalie in a tight game.

but if a goalie like Dubnyk can rise to the occassion, why can't we expect the same thing from our star goalie in a tight game.

Ah the eternal question - there it is....what the Flyers and their fans (not to mention their coaches) have been asking ALL FRGGN SEASON!

If he hadn't been in goal, maybe Bob makes both saves! These "what if" scenarios can be pretty entertaining. I'm still frustrated that Dubnyk manages to get a shutout. Maybe that's on our offense, but if a goalie like Dubnyk can rise to the occassion, why can't we expect the same thing from our star goalie in a tight game.

Bob would have had a hat trick and they would have won 3-2. Duh.

(For the record, this is a quigly thread. I've got my "serious" hat on in others :-) )

what's driving me nuts is people believing Bryzgalov "played well" when he only gives up 1 soft goal.

(i know he did play well, all in all. But only if you compare it to Bryzgalov's usual)

True, I do think one of the goals was pretty soft, BUT he came up big on some others that I thought were sure goals. But still, better than his usual 4 spot he gives hehe

BUT he came up big on some others that I thought were sure goals

yes he did. Too bad he couldn't make the big stops and keep out the softie...oh well, guess it doesn't matter much when we don't score... or...maybe it does. ??