Mike Yeo NOT returning as Head Coach for Flyers / Who do you want?

18 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

For Ryan Ellis it's the exception. He's missed long stretches nearly ever season (8 out of 11)*.

Well, the first two seasons he split time with the AHL.

The thing to be looking at is whether the MCMI:smallTM: has anything at all to do with the shoulder injury he also didn't get surgery for last season...

But the Flyers medical team cleared him, so I'm sure he's fine. Absolutely sure. No question in my mind.

:5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

• Haha 1

No matter what move the Flyers make, unless it turns out to be Bobby Clarke, Rick Tocchet or some other legendary player, fault will be found. I seem to recall there was a lot of praise going around when the Ellis trade happened. He was after all, going to fill the Niskanen void and bring Provy back to status. Since that hasn't happened, this trade is recorded as a flop. If Ellis comes back, and plays to his usual level, these arguments will be forgotten. They will be replaced by happiness as long as he performs and the team plays well. If this trade hadn't been made, I suspect there would be endless threads on the lightbulb fragility of Nolan Patrick and the wasted draft pick, and how Myers is soft and worthless.

This is what happens when trades are made. It reminds me of the time we signed Forsberg. Again I suspect many were huge fans of this move, especially when he and Gagne started clicking. And of course, the foot saga happened after that and the signing was regarded as another waste.

and so it goes in Flyerland. I cant wait for the playoffs to be over, the draft to arrive, and the signing of a new coach. All I need is to find a place where I can buy some hope, so I can enjoy it more

:PopcornSmiley2:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, radoran said:

Well, the first two seasons he split time with the AHL.

Ah okay so it’s not quite so bad then. I still can’t get to once-in-a-blue-moon stick eye = abdominal-whatever with Ellis, but  Elvis has left the building on that one. 

Mr. Ellis does seem determined to ride it out (or them as the case may be), whatever’s ailing him, and forgoing surgery. An update would be nice for Flyers’ fans who are once again watching other teams compete for the Cup.

• Like 1

It has been a few days since St Louis has been bounced. 

Has anyone heard anything about z Jim Montgomery?

While he does have some personal baggage(idgaf).   I think he could be a good candidate for a few reasons,  first among them he is a good hockey coach. 

His teams in Dallas were legitimately good teams. Some of that had to do with prime Jamie Benn, Tyler Seguin, on the come Hintz & Heiskanen and and rejuvenated Radulov... but they played within a structure and made that surprise run to the finals.

His team did that.

Second is he would come with less pressure to win immediately, I think hiring him would signal that there are plans to build a team but still attempt to be competitive. 

The last is he's a good redemption story.  Word has it he's doing all the right things and even though in the world of substance abuse recovery there are slips, it seems from the little I know he's been on a good path. 

I hope his agent gets a phone call to see if he'd like to take Comcast money and make a team better. 

@mojo1917

I've been reading alot of reports over the last few weeks, so it's hard to keep track of where, but I've read JM should be getting phone calls now that Stl is out. I dont recall reading that he IS getting an interview from Phi, but his name has been linked

I agree with you about "redemption". And reports are the guy can coach. I wouldn't be unhappy if he was hired

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gritty Fanatic said:

would want is Torts because he will kick some @ss. That is severely what this team needs right now. 

Hi there,  welcome to our hole in the interwebs.

You've said this twice here. 

Are you of the opinion that the players here don't "try"?

Asking because this is ground covered extensively over the last forever. 

While the end of last season saw many guys making business decisions when it came to contact and shot blocking. 

I don't think any amount of "ass kicking" would have helped that roster.

I think a hardass coach to make guys "man up" isn't going to fix the team. Better players will. 

I also don't think a season where 14 and 94 are in the locker room those types of decisions happen as often.

Fonzie is a good hockey coach,

his teams play hard and that's not for nothing. I think playing hard gives the team 5 more wins if they are icing last year's end of the season roster. 

Of the coaching retreads available Maurice, Deboer and Tortorella are tops on my thanks but no thanks list. 

5 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

Hi there,  welcome to our hole in the interwebs.

You've said this twice here. 

Are you of the opinion that the players here don't "try"?

Asking because this is ground covered extensively over the last forever. 

While the end of last season saw many guys making business decisions when it came to contact and shot blocking. 

I don't think any amount of "ass kicking" would have helped that roster.

I think a hardass coach to make guys "man up" isn't going to fix the team. Better players will. 

I also don't think a season where 14 and 94 are in the locker room those types of decisions happen as often.

Fonzie is a good hockey coach,

his teams play hard and that's not for nothing. I think playing hard gives the team 5 more wins if they are icing last year's end of the season roster. 

Of the coaching retreads available Maurice, Deboer and Tortorella are tops on my thanks but no thanks list. 

Hey, and thanks for the welcome. 

I wouldn't say ALL players on the Flyers are not give it all players, but there are some on this team. Whether it is attempting to kick their @ss into shape or weed them out Torts can do that because he has done that before. 

It is no denying that what will make this team a better team is getting better players. That is easier said than done. With an inept front office and being strapped with the salary cap because of signing players to incredibly crazy salaries it is not a quick and easy fix. So when that is not able to happen what do teams usually do when teams fail miserably? They fire the head coach and re-hire someone else who they think will miraculously change it around. Will that happen with any of the coaches available in the quick fix of this team, Hell No because the team sucks. So get someone who can analyze who is lazy and weed them out. This turn around is going to be a process. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

I don't think any amount of "ass kicking" would have helped that roster

An ass kicking coach isn't effective of the GM, or someone higher up, condones them having their HUTA

1 minute ago, CoachX said:

revive: "TRUST THE PROCESS"

:hyper:

As hard as it is, I will trust the process. As inept as I feel the GM is and the moves he has made and how he has starpped this team, I will trust the process.  This sort of sounds like some sort of 12 step program. 😁

• Like 1

On 5/30/2022 at 10:23 AM, Gritty Fanatic said:

I think we all know Trotz is not coming to this mess. DeBoer wouldn't be awful, but the coach I would want is Torts because he will kick some @ss. That is severely what this team needs right now. 

Trotz has interviewed 3 times in the last week with the Flyers. Two by zoom, one in person. You don't talk three times without having some sort of interest.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, albertaflyer said:

Trotz has interviewed 3 times in the last week with the Flyers. Two by zoom, one in person. You don't talk three times without having some sort of interest.

I still think Trotz is using the Flyers as leverage to get a deal from a team he wants to go to. I'm not holding my breath on him being in Philadelphia.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, albertaflyer said:

Just now, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

I still think Trotz is using the Flyers as leverage to get a deal from a team he wants to go to. I'm not holding my breath on him being in Philadelphia.

Me neither. It just seems too savvy of a move for this management.

46 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Me neither. It just seems too savvy of a move for this management.

Money always talks though.  I golfed with Ken Hitchcock in a tournament years ago. I asked him why chose the Flyers. He said it wasn't his first choice. He was actually going to go back to Dallas but Clarkie backed dump truck full of money on to his lawn and he couldn't refuse.  Kind of funny in the 18 holes I golfed with him Clarkie called him, Roenick called him. I can't even remember how many players called him that day. He said it was funny that people thought Roenick hated him but they were actually buddies away from the rink. Roenick was always calling him for advise.

Edited by albertaflyer
  • Like 2

On 6/3/2022 at 4:38 PM, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Elliotte Friedman talking on TV said Trotz is heading for a team that's ready to go and can add to his win stats, most likely Vegas. According to Friedman Trotz has no interest in working on a project team.

• Like 1

On 6/5/2022 at 2:31 PM, GratefulFlyers said:

Elliotte Friedman talking on TV said Trotz is heading for a team that's ready to go and can add to his win stats, most likely Vegas. According to Friedman Trotz has no interest in working on a project team.

Imagine being a hockey mind like Trotz and being interviewed by Homer and Fletch and the "direction" they want to go in?

He'd probably pick Arizona over Philly.

• Good Post 1

Well the good news is that Yeobastank is not coming back in any capacity. He's going to Vancouver to be the associate coach on Bruce Boudreau's staff. One Schmuck acolyte is gone. Hopefully there will be more of the Minnesota stench removed from the club. 

Edited by BobbyClarkeFan16
  • Like 1