Mike Yeo NOT returning as Head Coach for Flyers / Who do you want?

Spitfire biased confirmed....Julien or Quenville. Why? They both have won the Cup as coaches,both know what it takes to win (who sits and who plays) and both are experienced at matching lines and which lines are favorable match ups. If the plan is to go for Bedard, cancel my selections. A complete and total tank is what this team really needs....a rookie NCAA coach that the team can grow with may help in the pursuit of Bedard. 

Off topic, but how come there is never, ever a superstar when the Flyers pick super high? JVR, Patrick (not many teams knew Makar WAS THIS great), now Wright feels a lot like Patrick...does a lot of things well...nothing really great....pffft. Hint Fletch..exceptional skaters ONLY!!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, flyer4ever said:

HC Gronburg. Tocchet or Richardson as assistants . Story goes Gronburg is an excellent special teams tactition. 

As much as special teams are important you play way more 5 on 5. I would much rather a HC that looks after the 5 on 5 game first.

1 hour ago, flyer4ever said:

HC Gronburg. Tocchet or Richardson as assistants . Story goes Gronburg is an excellent special teams tactition. 

I've seen Gronburg's name mentioned too.

I don't know anything about him.

Tocchet & Richardson would meet the former Flyer requirements though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FireDillabaugh said:

Does anyone know when the last Eklund rumor actually came true?  Has it ever happened?

Probably somewhere in the twilight zone 😁 :P

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fizz said:

As much as special teams are important you play way more 5 on 5. I would much rather a HC that looks after the 5 on 5 game first.

The Flyers dont

23 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

I've seen Gronburg's name mentioned too.

I don't know anything about him.

Tocchet & Richardson would meet the former Flyer requirements though.

I've read alot about Gronberg. Most reports indicate they are astonished he isn't in the NHL by now, but will be soon

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CoachX said:

I've read alot about Gronberg. Most reports indicate they are astonished he isn't in the NHL by now, but will be soon

I'd prefer a Finn, but would see how this Swede does...

:5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

4 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

🤠 🤫
One for the Hell on Wheels fans here.
R.jpg.1d46b02c46fa839d1979d1dbdb3d690d.jpg

That's the look when he takes the job, and then this is after a few months:

Edited by GrittyForever
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, FireDillabaugh said:

Vigneault fired 5 months ago.  Borderline?  Far from the borderline, imo.  It's downright incompetent.  It was incompetent to fire Vigneault when the team's issue was the inability to score goals.  It was incompetent to fire Therrien when it was clear that the coaching wasn't the issue with the Power Play, and that the issue was the players on that power play.  And that incompetence only continued in believing that Yeo deserved the interim job(solely because he's Chuck's boy that will tell Chuck what he wants to hear instead of what he needs to hear).  And that incompetence only continued when they continued to believe that Yeo deserved any job during those 5 months.

Vigneault and Therrien were probably willing to tell Chuck what he needed to hear instead of being his "Yes men", which is probably a big part of why they were fired.

Lmao.  Coaching soccer...  Nice one!!  Does anyone know when the last Eklund rumor actually came true?  Has it ever happened?

Holmgren being promoted when he left the team in shambles like Fletcher has it, only without prospects was incompetent. Hiring Fletcher was incompetent. These guys still think you build a team through free agency, like there's no cap. Fletchers 3 key long term acquisitions rang up a grand total of 13 goals and 39 assists for 52 points (that's total, not average) for $18.65 million. That makes the Jeff Skinner contract look like a bargain.

• Like 2
  • Good Post 1

12 hours ago, jammer2 said:

Hint Fletch..exceptional skaters ONLY!!

I so much agree with this - if you don't have that then you're already behind on the ice and then on the scoreboard.

The only problem is that exceptional skaters will make Hayes, JVR, Ristolainen look absolutely ridiculous - more than they already do I mean.

• Good Post 1

1 hour ago, GratefulFlyers said:

I so much agree with this - if you don't have that then you're already behind on the ice and then on the scoreboard.

The only problem is that exceptional skaters will make Hayes, JVR, Ristolainen look absolutely ridiculous - more than they already do I mean.

Im really hoping JVR isn't here

• Like 1
  • Good Post 3

11 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Yes get on the phone to Columbus and see if they want to make another trade for junk...

or get on the phone with waste management and see if they need drivers

• Haha 1
  • Good Post 1

14 hours ago, Fizz said:

You are absolutely correct, 5v5 is also important. Special teams are the difference in the playoffs. I'm looking long term, when the Flyers are regular contenders for the cup, led by Coolie and Bedard.

I have to dream and be optimistic. As long as Chuck and Paul are involved there is no reason for serious discussion.

1 hour ago, flyer4ever said:

As long as Chuck and Paul are involved there is no reason for serious discussion.

That's just too depressing for me to accept. I'm hoping Fletcher is fired before Christmas and then (another hope) Bob and Paul decide to go a different direction for once. There are some good players already on the roster. Hart is - or can be - an excellent starting goaltender. It's not hopeless but I agree it'll take firing Fletcher before any meaningful change happens.

5 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Very nice paper clip I am sure he will be a better head coach than Yeo may even get them to the playoffs.

Ya, it was supposed to be a photo of where the Swede from Hell On Wheels gets all burnt to a crisp and looks battered and bruised but idk, I guess I'm a technological idiot. 

Nothing to see here............literally. 

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, FireDillabaugh said:

FIFY.  Those are the two making these decisions among the Senior Advisors.  Not Clarke or Barber.

He probably can be, if they get him the goaltending coach he deserves.  He won't be anything more than what we see now if Dillabaugh isn't replaced.

It's funny , Marty Brodeur proved that the hybrid style is the best. He stood up and cut down the angles on the outside shots and he went into the butterfly, when the shots were in close. I cant count how many times Hart is on his knees before the shot is taken, there is no way you should get beat high from 10 feet out. We do need a better goaltending coach. See if Marty wants a job. 

Edited by RonJeremy
  • Like 1