Mike Yeo NOT returning as Head Coach for Flyers / Who do you want?

Not one of the Fly Guys, but I would pursue Tortorella. 

And, if I couldn't get him, I'd convince Boudreau to exercise his option to walkaway given the Canucks won't extend him until after he coaches a full-season. 

Mike Babcock would probably want back in after all his negative press has died down. 

Flyers need a guy who fits the personality of the city. To me, that's Tortorella. Seems like the perfect guy. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Cheesesteak said:

Would his style work on the smaller ice?

I can't say for sure but I can't say no to him as well.

Whatever it takes to get back to playing winning hockey and chasing the Cup again I am good with.

• Like 3

I want Julien, Quenneville or Torts. They have the resume with winning a Cup, have won Cups like Quenneville (in spite of what has happened in Chicago with the whole Kyle Beech thing), and Torts and his temperament along with his battles/sparrings with the media. I don't want another assistant level coach, nor do I want another (GOD FORBID) college coach, no matter how successful. If they HAVE to go the assistant coach route, then hire Dineen.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 3 Palmateers said:

Not one of the Fly Guys, but I would pursue Tortorella. 

And, if I couldn't get him, I'd convince Boudreau to exercise his option to walkaway given the Canucks won't extend him until after he coaches a full-season. 

Mike Babcock would probably want back in after all his negative press has died down. 

Flyers need a guy who fits the personality of the city. To me, that's Tortorella. Seems like the perfect guy. 

I @#$%ing hate Tortorella...so no thanks.

But kudos for having the popcorn kid as your avy!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, FD19372 said:

I want Julien, Quenneville or Torts. They have the resume with winning a Cup, have won Cups like Quenneville (in spite of what has happened in Chicago with the whole Kyle Beech thing), and Torts and his temperament along with his battles/sparrings with the media. I don't want another assistant level coach, nor do I want another (GOD FORBID) college coach, no matter how successful. If they HAVE to go the assistant coach route, then hire Dineen.

If they hire Queneville I will turn in my Flyer fan card and pull for the local Carolina Hurricanes. That guy should not be let around hockey ever again.

FCUK THAT GUY!

• Good Post 2

Gronborg is supposed to be some sort of coaching genius but idk if he could bring it to the NHL. It's a gamble. I believe the Sabres were considering him before they settled on Granato full time. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FireDillabaugh said:

Gary Bettman says Joel Quenneville hasn't approached NHL about return

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/33863212/gary-bettman-says-joel-quenneville-approached-nhl-return

Meh....and he shouldn't. No matter what he says, I'll never believe that he knew nothing about what was happening, should never show his face in an NHL rink again.

• Like 2
  • Good Post 2

Im kind of hoping they go with Torts. Sure, he's brash and offensive (not to me), But the guy gets positive results wherever he goes. Bring him and let him put his foot in a few asses. Get this team going on the right direction. Then you can reassess

1 hour ago, CoachX said:

Im kind of hoping they go with Torts. Sure, he's brash and offensive (not to me), But the guy gets positive results wherever he goes. Bring him and let him put his foot in a few asses. Get this team going on the right direction. Then you can reassess

Do you think the Flyers are a summer or two away from being contenders ?

Looking at the roster as it is today?

I don't

I think Fonzi is a good coach, I would love to see him spar with the beat writers, that would be appointment tv IMO.

He would do all the things you say. He's won ,a lot, and he manages to ice teams that are greater than the sum of their parts. Like I said all good things.

Does his program elevate this Flyers team back to "definitely a playoff team® radoran" A bubble playoff team? better than that?

Is that what we want to be perrenial overachiving and in the second tier of "good teams" ? That's where I think Torts gets us- back to what everyone says is unacceptable.

IMO the team needs better players, there were a bunch of talented players in Columbus that couldn't wait to get the f out of there because of the way Torts coached. Panarin, DuBois, Jones. All those guys are still playing well.

I think the team needs built before it gets turned over to a guy like Torts if that's even needed.

There's not enough talent on the Flyers roster, I don't know that having him behind the bench is a beacon for talented players to come take Comcast money.

I don't think this is the time for Fonzi in Philly, the time for that was when they hired AV

Edited by mojo1917
grammar, it's almost always grammar
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, elmatus said:

There are very few coaches I just truly can't stand, but Torts is absolutely on that list. He turns out to be an embarrassment everywhere he goes imo. His only use is as a laugh track when he decides it's a good idea to go full turdface and spar with some local writer or another.

This team needs a coach who can guide and help develop young talent (and we need to acquire said young talent). Torts can barely speak through two sentences without throwing a pre-teen tantrum. I have no interest in watching him act like my irate 80 year old neighbour every week because some player or another didn't face dive into a slap shot hard enough for his liking.

We need someone who will act like a professional -- not a middle school bully.

like I eluded to, his antics dont embarrass me, so thats not an issue. I find it entertaining. As for the young talent, I agree, we dont have any. But more to my way of thinking, I want a coach who will treat all his players equally, and I'm tired of Flyer players being coddled. I don't want young players treated with kid gloves. I want them treated like men

49 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

Do you think the Flyers are a summer or two away from being contenders ?

Looking at the roster as it is today?

I don't

I think Fonzi is a good coach, I would love to see him spar with the beat writers, that would be appointment tv IMO.

He would do all the things you say. He's won ,a lot, and he manages to ice teams that are greater than the sum of their parts. Like I said all good things.

Does his program elevate this Flyers team back to "definitely a playoff team® radoran" A bubble playoff team? better than that?

Is that what we want to be perrenial overachiving and in the second tier of "good teams" . That's where I think Torts gets us- back to what everyone says is unacceptable.

IMO the team needs better players, there were a bunch of talented players in Columbus that couldn't wait to get the f out of there because of the way Torts coached. Panarin, DuBois, Jones. All those guys are still playing well.

I think the team needs built before it gets turned over to a guy like Torts if that's even needed.

There's not enough talent on the Flyers roster, I don't know that having him behind the bench is a beacon for talented players to come take Comcast money.

I don't think this is the time for Fonzi in Philly, the time for that was when they hired AV

no to all your questions. they arent a playoff team, and I don't want more of the same "just make the playoffs" bs

I want a culture change. I want tough. I want accountable

i thnk hes it

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FireDillabaugh said:

Since his Cup win with TB in '03-04, he's only made the Conf Finals once(NYR in '11-12) in 10 playoff appearances over 15 years.  Missing the playoffs in 3 of the last 7 seasons with CBJ and VAN.  Losing in the first round 3 of those 4 appearances, and second round in the 4th of those appearances.

His "schtick" is old, outdated and overrated.  He is EXACTLY that "just make the playoffs" bs coach.  SO many available names that are a better choice than Tortorella.

Funny how you are criticizing his PLAYOFF success,  when we are Flyer fans

• Haha 1