Mike Yeo NOT returning as Head Coach for Flyers / Who do you want?

10 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I would call him before I can finish typing this...

Great coach for short term. Think his style loses the room after a few years. He'd definitely take us out of the Bedard sweepstakes...and I'm not sure if this team gets closer to the cup with Trotz or Bedard. Of course Bedard would still be a long shot.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Great coach for short term. Think his style loses the room after a few years. He'd definitely take us out of the Bedard sweepstakes...and I'm not sure if this team gets closer to the cup with Trotz or Bedard. Of course Bedard would still be a long shot.

Yes a long shot know the Flyers luck.

And Trotz might want no part of this circus in Philly.

• Like 1

it still baffles me when a coach "loses the room". If your players cant play to their fullest potential, becasue the coach is too tough, youre never going to be successful. The Flyers have proven that over and again

• Like 2

The only way I want Trotz in Philly, is if he takes over as GM and head coach. The *Organization, isn't intelligent nor is it deep thinking enough, to allow that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

Flyers fans, allow me this question, and i'd expect honesty in your answer.

Would you rather have a **** season that lands you bedard, or hire a coach like Trotz who gets everything he can out of the guys and gets you back to the post dance.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

honest question... my honest answer ... this team lacks high end talent across the board.  Period.  

Gimme Bedard.

Agreed. No head coach is going to achieve any kind of Cup worthy success, any time soon, here. Why not go for Bedard, who you can build a franchise around?

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Brewin Flames said:

Would you rather have a **** season that lands you bedard, or hire a coach like Trotz who gets everything he can out of the guys and gets you back to the post dance.

i think another schit season is happening regardless of who coaches. So, both.

But seriously, they need a long term answer at coach. I dont know how goo Beddard is. Is he worth all that, knowing its still a lottery. If he is that good, he'll end up in Pissburg anyway. Cindy and Frankenmalkin are getting old. Time to restock the NHL darlings

to answer your question directly though, I'd rather they tank

Edited by CoachX
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Breaking News: Regis McGuire has been fired in Ottawa. Will the Flyers hire him,

My dudes, Mike Millbury is sitting RIGHT THERE.

Solid coach/GM combo to show Briere the ropes.

Make it so.

:5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

• Haha 4
  • Uggh... 2

1 hour ago, Brewin Flames said:

I would rather go for Bedard.

So who is the coach then?

1 hour ago, Brewin Flames said:

I don't think this is a playoff team with Toe Blake and Scotty Bowman coaching at the moment.

So why not hire a guy that has won everywhere?

I would be for hiring Trotz, even though he is a re-tread he comes knowing the division really well, and he'll get a pretty good handle on what he needs to do.

Trotz expects his players to play hockey, to hit and block shots, that beats up bodies, I think guys get too beat up playing his system. They know it works but after 4 summers of chipped joint bones, I'll bet all but the most committed are going to start making "business decisions". 

He should be considered even if it's just to stick to Lou...

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

18 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

Trotz expects his players to play hockey, to hit and block shots

In that respect, he's actually kind of perfect for the kind of team the Flyers purport to want to ice.

Which is why they will in no way hire the man.

IMO, he got something of a raw deal on the Island, coming off two COVID seasons with a 19(?)-game road trip before the new building opened. They played pretty well after all that settled out.

I think he'll decide to go somewhere else and then maybe in your 3-4 year time frame the Flyers are in a position where his style of hockey could do them good...

Two years away from...

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

I would rather go for Bedard.

So who is the coach then?

Seriously,  let laperriere be HC for a season

5 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Seriously,  let laperriere be HC for a season

You take the winner of the previous night's 50/50 and they get to coach the next game.

Lucky winners will get to coach the holiday West Coast and Canada/Pacific Northwest runs.

3 hours ago, radoran said:

My dudes, Mike Millbury is sitting RIGHT THERE.

Solid coach/GM combo to show Briere the ropes.

Make it so.

lol, the man to fill the shoes...........

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

He's pretty f***ing amazing. Take into account he's 16 and plays on an absolute crap team, so he's focused on every game. he was 4th overall in WHL scoring, getting beat out by a pair of guys who are 21 and going to be 20 in a week who play on the same line, and a 19 year old. Bedards closest scoring teammate had 61 points. He put up 100. He's a highlight reel every game.

Edited by flyercanuck
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

You want the 1st overall pick? Let Fletcher coach.

Flyers luck Bedard would pull an Eric Lindros and say he refuses to play in Philly for insert various different reasons...

Edited by OccamsRazor
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 2

6 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Flyers luck Bedard would pull an Eric Lundros and say he refuses to play in Philly for insert various different reasons...

Now you just had to jinx it😛

• Haha 2