Mike Yeo NOT returning as Head Coach for Flyers / Who do you want?

9 hours ago, FireDillabaugh said:

I'm settled down just fine, thanks.  Playoff hockey is on and I have a beer in hand.  No problems here.  And, I stand by what I've stated.

What's ridiculous and just funny is that this is the simple response:

So he never takes shifts off?  He's worked his butt off 100% on every shift he's played before he had his back injury?  Can he coach then, and teach that to Hayzee and JVR please?  Maybe since he's about to be grossly overpaid, he won't ask for any pay to be coach?  Maybe?...

EVERY PLAYER THATS EVER PLAYED HAS TAKEN SHIFTS OFF. 

• Like 1
  • Good Post 2

9 hours ago, SCFlyguy said:

I love Couturier (favorite Flyer the last 10 years) but can you imagine what they would have gotten had they traded him at the deadline instead of extending him?  You're not going to be in the playoffs for a bit, he's a playoff-type player who people want, this isn't that hard.

Except Chuck and co. were "going for it". 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

One of you should splinter off a thread in the Around NHL section where we can talk about each team's Franchise Floater over the decades! 😄

Consider it done!  LOL 

Feel free to comment.  I have the newly created thread listed below. :) 

4 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

Consider it done!  LOL 

Feel free to comment.  I have the newly created thread listed below. :) 

Oh dang i just made a topic in the Around the NHL someone should merge them then.

4 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Oh dang i just made a topic in the Around the NHL someone should merge them then.

Ok both topics merged ... I kept OR's title .....

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

Ok both topics merged ... I kept OR's title .....

Hey doc can you take the word "last" out the title because well it doesn't read well thanks.

1 hour ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

One of you should splinter off a thread in the Around NHL section where we can talk about each team's Franchise Floater over the decades! 😄

The Flyers have had a number of them. Chris Gratton, Alex Daigle, JVR, Pavel Brendl, Vaclav Pletka,  Pat "fat balloon" Falloon. I could go on and on..... 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

The Flyers have had a number of them. Chris Gratton, Alex Daigle, JVR, Pavel Brendl, Vaclav Pletka,  Pat "fat balloon" Falloon. I could go on and on..... 

great list ....forgot about some of those names ......

you should make this a dollars paid to lazy ass as a ratio. It would be a toss up between JVR and Hayes.

On recent Flyer teams the list of players earning their pay would be a shorter list.

the recent Flyer management personnel who earn their pay would have nobody on the list.

• Like 1

On 5/20/2022 at 10:30 PM, SCFlyguy said:

I love Couturier (favorite Flyer the last 10 years) but can you imagine what they would have gotten had they traded him at the deadline instead of extending him?  You're not going to be in the playoffs for a bit, he's a playoff-type player who people want, this isn't that hard.

I'm a big fan of his too. Practically anything other than what they did would've been better. An 8-year contract benefits Couturier of course; the Flyers not so much.

So apparently Trotz will be interviewed. My question would be how much term and how much power does he get if hired? 

Myself I think he's just about the best coach in the league so I'm giving him 5 years and a big say in personnel. Shipping out anybody he doesn't like asap. 

Opinions?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FireDillabaugh said:

Which goaltending coach is he bringing with him would be my question.

He can't handle the personnel much worse than Chuck already has.  It's probably about time this organization tries letting a head coach do the job of the front office, instead of continually allowing the other way around, which has continually failed miserably...

Korn from what I read.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, GratefulFlyers said:

I'm a big fan of his too. Practically anything other than what they did would've been better. An 8-year contract benefits Couturier of course; the Flyers not so much.

They have continually mismanaged assets for over a decade. Couturier. Giroux, Atkinson, draft picks, contracts . Has there been even one single positive move by chuckles.?

• Good Post 1

14 hours ago, GrittyForever said:

So apparently Trotz will be interviewed. My question would be how much term and how much power does he get if hired? 

Myself I think he's just about the best coach in the league so I'm giving him 5 years and a big say in personnel. Shipping out anybody he doesn't like asap. 

Opinions?

Does that include the clowns that hired him?

• Haha 1
  • Good Post 1

On 5/17/2022 at 7:49 PM, flyer4ever said:

The plan should be to amass draft picks and have a shot at Bedard next year. That SHOULD be the plan. However, Chuckles is probably hard at work trying to find another Hayes, another Ellis. With the current roster of players it doesn't matter who the coach is. 

Ellis looked good on paper, but I was warning in that trade thread on his extensive injury history! Sad to be right.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

Ellis looked good on paper, but I was warning in that trade thread on his extensive injury history! Sad to be right.

Ellis has played a lot of heavy minutes for 15 years or so. Junior phenom for your Spits and obviously in Nashville. It takes a heavy toll on a body. The red flag for chuckles was the very low cost to acquire him. I hope he can have a decent quality of life outside of hockey. There were a number of us on this board opposed to this trade, but the usual dysfunction in Flyerland prevailed. If Ellis was fit as a fiddle Poile would not have traded him.

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

10 hours ago, radoran said:

Jeebus, what an overrated band.

So with you my first wife loved them and Limp Biskit....yuck...

...but i give you Mitch Korn...

ovxBqFlJ_400x400.jpg.4b472df6245e5a7a148ce01b84a99fd3.jpg

He knows a thing or two because he's seen a thing or two...

• Like 2

12 hours ago, radoran said:

Jeebus, what an overrated band.

LOL

I'm going to go ahead and disagree with you here.

Their catalog is uneven because drugs are awesome! but they are prolific and therefor their catalog is strong.

Their recent work is still really heavy and relevant. The Nothing was my favorite rock record from 2019 and that year had releases from Tool and Slipknot.

I hear their influence in nearly every new heavy band playing today.

IMO Korn is properly rated.

I'm sure coach Korn can't C-sharp so he'll B-flat.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

I hear their influence in nearly every new heavy band playing today.

IMO Korn is properly rated.

Pretty sure that's the influence of the bands that Korn ripped off.

😃

Seriously, I was just setting up the bird...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Good Post 1

@radoran

We'll agree to disagree. 

Korn was unlike anything I'd heard in 1996, or before. I first heard them on Life is Peachy

Their music was not blues based in any way...maybe one could say they sounded a little like Ministry,  if one strained their ears, but the hip-hop rhythms didn't come from uncle Al.

Totally worth the bird gif though.

Edited by mojo1917
  • Like 1