Anyone interested in a Dustin Brown?

Guest Digityman

TSN’s Bob McKenzie added an interesting name to the trade rumor mill yesterday after the Jeff Carter-for-Jack Johnson deal broke. The name? Los Angeles Kings captain Dustin Brown.

According to McKenzie, Brown is “absolutely” being shopped by general manager Dean Lombardi, who may just be hoping to change the team’s culture as much as he’s hoping it can score the odd goal.

Brown has a very manageable cap hit ($3.175 million) on a contract that runs two additional seasons. The 27-year-old right winger is a four-time 20-goal scorer in the NHL, including a career-high 33 in 2007-08. He plays on the power play and the penalty kill, plus he leads the team in hits, with 215.

In other words, there will be plenty of suitors for Brown.

Not surprisingly, the TSN panelists were falling all over themselves to say he’d be a fit with the Leafs, and he probably would be. But a lot of teams could use a gritty top-six forward that can put the puck in the net.

In fact, we hear the Kings are quite interested.

Not surprisingly, the TSN panelists were falling all over themselves to say he’d be a fit with the Leafs, and he probably would be.

The rumor out there is Brown to the Leafs. LA wants a scoring forward and a young d-man.

The rumor out there is Brown to the Leafs. LA wants a scoring forward and a young d-man.

I haven't heard a name out there in any trade rumor that did not mention the Leafs as being very interested.

I take Leafs rumors with a grain of salt. I even heard a rumor of them interested in Bryz. If that is a rumor I can't trust any Leafs rumors.

I think that people list the Leafs as being interested just so people read the rumor.

Perhaps I'm being swayed by previous seasons I've seen Brown but I'd be on the bandwagon hoping he got his game back. It'd be a gamble, but both have been disappointments recently. I'd be more inclined to use JVR for a young dman though.

Well, Brown has had several season over 50 pts, with his best being 60. I'd be willing to bet that JVR will do better than that. I'd rather gamble on JVR than Brown because I think his ceiling is much higher.

Are you guys serious?

Its going to take a LOT more than just JVR to get Dustin Brown.

Top 3 in Hits

Consistant 20 Goal Scorer

A Leader ©

Great Cap Hit

Top 6 Forward

No. JVR for Dustin Brown is an AWFUL deal.

I'm a big fan of Dustin Brown, but trading JvR for him straight-up would be an unfair trade for the Flyers.

I would, however, trade JvR & Bob for Brown & Bernier in a heartbeat.

That's a win-win for both teams.

I'm a big fan of Dustin Brown, but trading JvR for him straight-up would be an unfair trade for the Flyers.

I would, however, trade JvR & Bob for Brown & Bernier in a heartbeat.

That's a win-win for both teams.

Nah, I'de rather keep Dusty and Bernier. Bernier>>Bob, Brown>>>JVR.

I would do this though

Matt Read

JVR

for

Dustin Brown

Nah, I'de rather keep Dusty and Bernier. Bernier>>Bob, Brown>>>JVR.

I would do this though

Matt Read

JVR

for

Dustin Brown

Bernier is definitely better than Bob.

But Brown is nowhere near as good a player as JvR, when healthy.

JvR is going to be a 30-40 goal scorer.

There is not one GM in the NHL that would take Brown straight-up over JvR. Not one.

That being said, I'm happy for him that he's still with the Kings. Hope they did enough to make the push into the playoffs.

Doughty needs to start playing up to that contract.

Bernier is definitely better than Bob.

But Brown is nowhere near as good a player as JvR, when healthy.

JvR is going to be a 30-40 goal scorer.

There is not one GM in the NHL that would take Brown straight-up over JvR. Not one.

That being said, I'm happy for him that he's still with the Kings. Hope they did enough to make the push into the playoffs.

Doughty needs to start playing up to that contract.

Wow really?

The most goals he has ever scored in a season is 21.. This year he has 11...

Umm I dont think Flyers fans know who Dustin Brown is..

Dustin Brown+ would be able to land us Parise. And i'de 10x rather have Parise over JVR.

Zach Parise>>>>Dustin Brown>>>>JVR

Wow really?

The most goals he has ever scored in a season is 21.. This year he has 11...

Umm I dont think Flyers fans know who Dustin Brown is..

Dustin Brown+ would be able to land us Parise. And i'de 10x rather have Parise over JVR.

Zach Parise>>>>Dustin Brown>>>>JVR

You are delusional.

And JvR has missed a lot of this season due to injuries - that is why he only has 24 points (in 41 games).

And it would take a LOT more than Dustin Brown to trade for Parise.

Edited by AndyS