So the Caps fire their head coach

Guest FlyersFan4Life

:blink:

wow right after boudreau became the quickest coach to 200 wins in team history.

well i always liked Bruce, he's a good guy , a buddy of mine worked with him in Hershey; and i met him at some charity stuff, he's a class act and a good hockey man. i'm glad he got a chance to coach in the bigs. big surprise, though, i guess all those euro players need a different voice to help them learn to back check, change when called and not pout.

:blink:

wow right after boudreau became the quickest coach to 200 wins in team history.

well i always liked Bruce, he's a good guy , a buddy of mine worked with him in Hershey; and i met him at some charity stuff, he's a class act and a good hockey man. i'm glad he got a chance to coach in the bigs. big surprise, though, i guess all those euro players need a different voice to help them learn to back check, change when called and not pout.

Don't blame it on the 'euro' players. If the 24/7 last year was any indication of Bruce Boudreau on a regular basis, it's a surprise he lasted this long. He sounded like a big time douche who likes to hear himself talk. Those kinds of coaches have a short shelf life.

Hunter should change a few attitudes,Euro and otherwise.The Flyers are suffering from a dose Euronitis with a 51 million dollar price tag. Bryz has habit of scrum avoidance,just before the puck goes in the net. Bobbo is embracing it. North American hockey players are born with a certain amount of "John Wayne" in them,Lindros is a good example. Its too bad about Boudreau,Homer always said he was a real competitor.(My personal opinion) his Euro guys did let him down!

@ brelic,

i didn't have HBO last year so i didn't see that, and i'm basing my opinion of the guy based on public appearances, so he was on his good behavior, however, being a media type i had access to him prior to and after the events and he was kind to everyone.

now, that said i wasn't in the locker room and didn't play for him so it could be he was a douche to his players, but he did not have the "douche" vibe otherwise.

DaleHunter in as the new hc. Did not see this coming at all.

Really? I myself was wondering when they were going to make the change. They've had a good team, but needed to change something up. Too much talent to get the same results they've gotten over the last couple years

@ brelic,

i didn't have HBO last year so i didn't see that, and i'm basing my opinion of the guy based on public appearances, so he was on his good behavior, however, being a media type i had access to him prior to and after the events and he was kind to everyone.

now, that said i wasn't in the locker room and didn't play for him so it could be he was a douche to his players, but he did not have the "douche" vibe otherwise.

In the 24/7 series, it really looked like the players had already tuned him out. In one particular tirade, a few key players aren't even paying attention to him.

It will be interesting to see what Hunter can do with these guys.

In the 24/7 series, it really looked like the players had already tuned him out. In one particular tirade, a few key players aren't even paying attention to him.

It will be interesting to see what Hunter can do with these guys.

Yeah, you have to imagine that if Washington didn't turn their season around when they did last year, that he would have been fired already.

A Caps' fan I know said rumor had it that Ovechkin didn't want to skate hard for him (Boudreau) anymore. What a loser (Ovechkin.)

Hunter will infuse some life into the team at first, new coaches usually do, but this is a soft team that will fold again in the playoffs.

A Caps' fan I know said rumor had it that Ovechkin didn't want to skate hard for him (Boudreau) anymore. What a loser (Ovechkin.)

Hunter will infuse some life into the team at first, new coaches usually do, but this is a soft team that will fold again in the playoffs.

$110M franchise player wins out over coach every time. Call him what you want, but he is the *real* Washington Capitals investment, not Boudreau.

He may be the real Caps investment, but it's a poor one IMO. I can recall most of the old board taking him over Crosby as best player in the world. Heck, Crosby has blown past him, is younger, and Ovechkin isn't even 2nd anymore. Maybe not even 3rd. And it's pretty obvious he's totally quit on his coach.

Heck, Crosby has blown past him, is younger

Hey FC..hope all is well. As much as it pains this avid Pens hater to admit, you are 100% accurate. I get the Pens channel..now called Root..used to be Fox Sports Pittsburgh, so I watch the Pens a lot. Even tho their announcers are total DB's, I am amazed when I watch Crosby. He is so far above most other players, it's hard to imagine. What I'm noticing in the few games back, is his "will"...he just works so damn hard every shift. Sucks we have another 10-15 years of watching him do his number against the Flyers.

The other thing he does is work on his weakness. Not good at faceoffs? He spends the summer on it and becomes very good at them. More of a playmaker than a shooter? He works on that and becomes as good a scorer as their is.

Meanwhile, Ovechkin works on what exactly? Besides getting his coach fired.

@flyercanuck

Exactly....Ovie works on his tan, his haircut, and waxing his sweet ass Mercedes. Only know that cause I saw him at the Kettler Ice Rink in DC..climbed into a sick Mercedes after practice about a month ago.

Imagine if someone like, say Carter..had Crosby's work ethic. Carter has a TON of talent and skill..but little willingness to work at continually improving. There are tons more than just Carter like that..he's just an easy target . Then again, with 50 million guaranteed over 10 years what's to work on, right?? :angry:

What a surprise, another star player who gets the coach fired because he doesn't like him....

it was coming , it should be done last year when they lost 9 on row or something. OV didn't know how to play D but he was trying to push hard checking system, but when your captain is sucked in this then all team is sucked too.

Boudreau never adapted his systems like actual NHL coaches, and that's why he is now unemployed. He tried at the bitter end, but it was too little too late. The Caps will now be a team that makes adjustments within games and over a season. Bummer.

WOW I cannot believe that Dale Hunter is a coach...I had no idea that he was coaching in London and that he had a good record. He was a consumate dirtbag on the ice. I will never forget how he ended our season in 1988 with a breakaway in game 7 of OT after we blew a 3-0 lead in the game and a 3-1 series lead. I also will never forget him destryoying Turgeon in 1993 while he was celebrating a goal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xte-Vtxg-m8

As for Boudreau I was surprised but when I step back and think about it I do recall the reports about a rift between him and Ovary abd I guess where there is smoke there is fire...At least Boudreau can go back to his old role on the Addams Family

Edited by Poulin20