Zidlicky waives NTC

Guest Todd Varga

Yep! Deal and a good one for the Wild. I didn't think the Wild would get that much for a player who has had a tough season.

Zidlicky for Kurtis Foster and Stephane Veilleux, 2007 third-round pick Nick Palmieri, a 2013 second-round pick and a conditional 2013 third-round pick

When I was doing my trade wars blogs I noticed Veilleux had been called up for the Devils a week or so ago and I thought of him going back to the Wild. Foster has moved around some, but I thought he has played ok this season with the Devils.

@hf101

This is a good deal for the Wild, Zidlicky didn't want to be here. The rumor was out there 10 days ago that Zidlicky wanted to drop his NTC to go to the Devils, he talked with Elias too. Probably had his bags all packed. IT was obvious that he had packed it in with the Wild. :P

Foster is excited to return. He has a big shot from the point and will be looking to impress to earn a contract for next season. He is also one of Koivo's best buddies. Veilleux is also looking to impress to earn a contract, his wife is from St. Paul, so I hope things work out for them.

Both Veilleux and Palmieri are expected to play tonight. The Wild are hoping Palmieri will be a regular third line player. Look forward to seeing what these guys can do. We are now 5pts out of a playoff spot and it isn't going to be easy going that is for sure.

@hf101

I agree. Not only did the Wild get actual assests for a guy who had underperformed and became a locker room hazard, but they moved 4 million in salary. Foster and Villeux are both UFA at the end of the year, and Palmieri wont make more than 1 million next year. This is huge for a team that will be looking to make a big free agent splash this summer with the likes of Zack Parise or Ryan Sutter.