Playoffs Suck!

CoachX

@CoachX

My first Flyers playoff "love" the real reason I'm a fan today was the 80's teams with Propp. Poulin, Howe, Lindbergh, Kerr, Zezel, McCrimmon...the team that lost to Gretzky's Oilers twice. 

I feel you with this. 

IDGAF about any of these teams playing now, the hockey is good, but it stinks not having that skin in the game

• Like 2
  • Good Post 2

55 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Watching other teams doing what I want my favorite team to do, is like pouring salt in an open wound

It is why I haven't been able to bring myself to watch.

Just can't after this season...

• Like 3

3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

It is why I haven't been able to bring myself to watch.

Just can't after this season...

I was excited to watch Fla .... big mistake. Now im more depressed

I'm loving it. Seeing 2 good teams battle it out is a relief after watching the pisspoor Flyers this year. But I feel your pain! The contrast is beyond words - how good these teams look compared to how terrible the Flyers were all year.

• Like 3
  • Good Post 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, GratefulFlyers said:

I'm loving it. Seeing 2 good teams battle it out is a relief after watching the pisspoor Flyers this year. But I feel your pain! The contrast is beyond words - how good these teams look compared to how terrible the Flyers were all year.

just the speed difference alone is so ridiculous. The puck goes from back end to shot on goal lightning fast.

I’d love to see G win a cup, but I’m not sure about this Panthers defense, and playoff Bob is playoff Bob until proven otherwise. 

Their firepower up front though is absurd. 

Edited by elmatus
  • Like 4

With all due respect to my friend mojo (stop here if you don't want negativity) can you imagine having to watch Hayes/Yandle/Risto/JVR, just for starters, playing against the speed/heart/smarts/talent that playoffs teams are bringing...and for a 7 game series? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

With all due respect to my friend mojo (stop here if you don't want negativity) can you imagine having to watch Hayes/Yandle/Risto/JVR,

I haven't been pulling the band wagon for any of these guys. 

Especially JvR part deux. Yandle was what he was a hedge against York's readiness and with 20/20 hindsight, a mistake.

Risto should have been traded at the deadline. I wrote about that more than once. 

These guys are all overpaid and under perform.

You're not wrong, it would be over quickly, and maybe embarrassingly so.

Your take here?  Bullseye.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mojo1917 said:

I haven't been pulling the band wagon for any of these guys. 

I know you haven't...I meant it when I said all due respect. 

1 hour ago, mojo1917 said:

Especially JvR part deux. Yandle was what he was a hedge against York's readiness and with 20/20 hindsight, a mistake.

Risto should have been traded at the deadline. I wrote about that more than once. 

These guys are all overpaid and under perform.

You're not wrong, it would be over quickly, and maybe embarrassingly so.

Your take here?  Bullseye.

Thanks man!

3 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

With all due respect to my friend mojo (stop here if you don't want negativity) can you imagine having to watch Hayes/Yandle/Risto/JVR, just for starters, playing against the speed/heart/smarts/talent that playoffs teams are bringing...and for a 7 game series? 

You mean all 4 games!?!?!…….😳

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, FireDillabaugh said:

Ekblad has played all 3 playoff games so far.

Well goes to show you I haven't watched any.

And wasn't aware he was back.

But doesn't change Gudas and Hagg being their depth guys I should say.

And yeah well Bob too.

Edited by OccamsRazor
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, elmatus said:

I’d love to see G win a cup, but I’m not sure about this Panthers defense, and playoff Bob is playoff Bob until proven otherwise. 

Their firepower up front though is absurd. 

Well so far G isn't playing like a man on a win the cup mission. He's been pretty meh, just like the rest of his team. Reinhart and others who had big seasons just don't seem to have that extra gear you need in the playoffs. Maybe it still comes, but right now they are ripe for the big upset. 

I love playoff hockey. Even if Flyers aren't in it. So much better than regular season, but refs are calling too many penalties. let 'em play. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, FireDillabaugh said:

Gudas has actually looked ok.

There was a point in game two where he managed to shut down Ovi very well for several shifts in a row, and i thought to myself how much better he looked out there than Risto ever has. That was a sad moment. 

• Like 4

On 5/8/2022 at 10:25 PM, GrittyForever said:

Well so far G isn't playing like a man on a win the cup mission. He's been pretty meh

G was solid in Games 5 and 6 and played a big part in those two wins. 

Panthers v Bolts should be good. Huge edge in goal to the defending champs tho

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Samifan said:

G was solid in Games 5 and 6 and played a big part in those two wins. 

Panthers v Bolts should be good. Huge edge in goal to the defending champs tho

This is true. He started the series slow, coasting even, but when it came down to the deciding games he did elevate his game and was a big contributor. He's really good, when he wants to be. 

• Like 1

Playoffs just got better. Cindy and frankenmalken got run by the rags. And Cindy got the crap knocked out of him in the series.

I fckn hate Pissburg 😡

:PostAward4:

• Good Post 1

What I never understood is how people, especially here in the United States prefer watching basketball or baseball or even football to hockey. The sport is most assuredly the fastest sport with back and forth action throughout. What I feel people don't get with the sport of hockey is there is not a lot of scoring like basketball. This is also in many ways why I feel here in America Soccer hasn't taken off. Soccer though is also played on a much larger field and can be a lot slower than Ice Hockey a lot of the time. The majority of the time hockey is all out action. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Rat Trick said:

What I never understood is how people, especially here in the United States prefer watching basketball or baseball or even football to hockey. The sport is most assuredly the fastest sport with back and forth action throughout. What I feel people don't get with the sport of hockey is there is not a lot of scoring like basketball. This is also in many ways why I feel here in America Soccer hasn't taken off. Soccer though is also played on a much larger field and can be a lot slower than Ice Hockey a lot of the time. The majority of the time hockey is all out action. 

Speaking on behalf of all Canadians let me just say, ya, we know :)

• Like 1