A Speculative 2022 Flyers Off Season Rebuild

6 minutes ago, GrittyForever said:

maybe that's the line Fletcher used to keep his job? 

Based on his trades and signings, I'd say multiple lines were involved. Twice the normal on weekends and holidays

• Haha 2

On 7/6/2022 at 6:11 PM, flyer4ever said:

Chuckles needs to give Sanheim a reason to stay. So far that hasn't happened.  He is too busy being hypnotized by all the shiny toys out there, all the 30 year olds and their agents who can't wait to fleece our idiot gm.

Said this a week ago. And here we are. And chuckles is getting paid to do this.

59 minutes ago, flyer4ever said:

Said this a week ago. And here we are. And chuckles is getting paid to do this.

This is The Great Reset and Bulid Back Better all in one. A colossal failure. This is a bottom five team again, you have to think that in Feb they will realize the pipe dream is over and some of the guys like Konecny, Atkinson,Provorov and Sanheim will call be traded. Risto, Hayes and Coots , we are stuck with. Sanheim is an UFA, do you think he wants to stick around for another rebuild. If they dump enough guys by the deadline we can definitely be in the running for Bedard.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, radoran said:

Just out of sheer curiosity, who's the second best prospect next year?

:5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

It’s a Russian right winger who we will end up picking and he will  find out the Flyers took him and volunteer be sent to Siberia to join Fedetov.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I have never hated another athlete more than Cindy Crosby. The way the NHL falls all over itself for him. The fact that he's the biggest puss ever. That announcers spend an entire game between two other teams, talking about him. The arrogant self entitled way he carries himself. Because of him, I hate the entire city of Pissburg

to me, JVR makes Crosby look like Bobby Clarke in his prime

On 7/13/2022 at 6:57 PM, radoran said:

Just out of sheer curiosity, who's the second best prospect next year?

:5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

I think it is way to early to say but i like Adam Fantilli falling to the Flyers at 2 because we know the Flyers luck - and Uncle Gary may choose to help the Black Hawks again since their stars are aging.

6-3 192 Center. May pair nicely with Gauthier as a solid 1/2 punch and help ease Coots to the 3rd line in a few years.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/603785/adam-fantilli

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

He has good size, speed and shot.

He is fighting for a spot. Always a good thing.

Will he make it? It's up too him.

If he can't crack this lineup of forwards it might be time for a civil servants job.

48 minutes ago, flyer4ever said:

If he can't crack this lineup of forwards it might be time for a civil servants job.

Normally i would say yes - but since the way Chuckles has cockblocked them with the ND signing that is one spot not up for grabs.

flyers-cap-roster-2022.thumb.png.829e6a4115bad082c1e6fa1f21324a0d.png

Maybe if they can't work out something with Zach then maybe a spot opens up, but since he missed time in the AHL with an injury/surgery last year and only 43 games of AHL time under his belt and waiver exempt i can see him starting in the AHL.

Especially with Chuckles more likely to need to juggle the line up for cap reasons.

Numbers wise it is going to get interesting to see who makes it who gets waived and who gets claimed.

forward-camp-battles.png.1331871bbfe814a9dd7fc550092ce846.png

Ratcliffe may find himself on the outside looking in and waived and off he goes like NAK.

If Chuck was smart he would have played as many kids as he could and tanked for Bedard but that would mean he has a plan and we know he can't even spell plan...if he is smart he would waive Brown ain't anyone going to claim him and find a spot for Ratty.

:beer:

Edited by OccamsRazor
#boubonup

So I'm looking at the NHL site and they have one of their BS promo articles on the Flyers and I glanced at this projected line up and it just reinforced everything in my mind. Boy, this is not good. There isn't even enough to build around Bedard or Michkov if we get one of them. 

Projected lineup

Scott Laughton -- Sean Couturier -- Cam Atkinson 

James van Riemsdyk -- Kevin Hayes -- Travis Konecny 

Noah Cates -- Morgan Frost -- Owen Tippett 

Nicolas Deslauriers -- Patrick Brown -- Tanner Laczynski 

Ivan Provorov -- Tony DeAngelo 

Travis Sanheim -- Rasmus Ristolainen

Cam York -- Justin Braun

Carter Hart

Troy Grosenick

Injured: Ryan Ellis (lower body), Joel Farabee (upper body) 

5 hours ago, GrittyForever said:

So I'm looking at the NHL site and they have one of their BS promo articles on the Flyers and I glanced at this projected line up and it just reinforced everything in my mind. Boy, this is not good. There isn't even enough to build around Bedard or Michkov if we get one of them. 

Projected lineup

Scott Laughton -- Sean Couturier -- Cam Atkinson 

James van Riemsdyk -- Kevin Hayes -- Travis Konecny 

Noah Cates -- Morgan Frost -- Owen Tippett 

Nicolas Deslauriers -- Patrick Brown -- Tanner Laczynski 

Ivan Provorov -- Tony DeAngelo 

Travis Sanheim -- Rasmus Ristolainen

Cam York -- Justin Braun

Carter Hart

Troy Grosenick

Injured: Ryan Ellis (lower body), Joel Farabee (upper body) 

Laughton on 1st??? (rolling my eyes and shaking my head)

JVR will be gone next year --- cannot wait till he is gone

The 3rd could be nice if they all develop appropriately

The 4th line scares the crap out of me.

The defense will of TD / Risto / Braun will give up a lot of goals.

I don't care what the pundits say ...Grosenick as back-up is unproven in the NHL.  I don't care what his AHL stats are .......

10 hours ago, GrittyForever said:

Boy, this is not good.

Wait a minute i thought you wanted a shot at Bedard?? Well Chuck has provided one.

I mean a lineup with Hayes, JVR, Risto and Nic AND Zach on the 4th sure is aiming straight for the target in my mind.

And Laughton on the 1st?? Yep on target. However you may not want to watch.

We can't have our cake and eat it too. There will be blood and i'm not talking about the movie.

Hart will certainly have PTSD after the season i pray for his soul....

:beer:

4 hours ago, pilldoc said:

Grosenick as back-up is unproven in the NHL.

Besides this would push Sandstrom to waivers which i can't see him surviving...which might be what Chuck wants since he was a Hextall pick.

So no way i keep Grosenick over Felix....let him get some NHL experience...especially if they plan on tanking like the roster indicates. I will maybe watch the first few games but it won't be long before i tune out...

:PopcornSmiley2:

• Like 1