A Speculative 2022 Flyers Off Season Rebuild

19 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

One even stated the Rags did it the right way and well you suggest trade for a good young player and well that is wrong even though they traded for Mika and Fox.

The Rags traded an expensive and older Brassard for Mika.

They traded a 2019 2nd and a conditional 2020 3rd for Fox and still made 8 picks in 2019 and 9 picks in 2020 including 2 1sts.

You know why?  Because they had been rebuilding for the last couple years and moved all the dead wood to get ammunition to make deals like these.

If the Flyers move Hayes and JVR for picks to get Debrincat, sign me up.

Edited by SCFlyguy

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

I don't understand i suggested Alex and everyone shot it down. Said it was the new shiny or whatever only a few around here know the true secret way to rebuild around here we are just the lucky ones to get to share a board around here with them.

So yeah don't get mad at me i'm just another lucky one.

One even stated the Rags did it the right way and well you suggest trade for a good young player and well that is wrong even though they traded for Mika and Fox.

I guess we're suppose to just suck and hope uncle Gary gives them the true #1 for once.

Bourbon you say don't mind if i do...

Wait.... I am not even a person within the Flyers fan base and I do know one thing about the Flyers and it is they don't have a legitimate goal scorer. From what I have seen in Chicago and from Alex DeBrincat that is exactly what the hell he is. Why would he be a good fit for the Flyers? Would it be the most of others players on the team already not being able to keep up with him? I just don't get this. 

And also the guy is young.

Edited by Captain Lando

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

I don't understand i suggested Alex and everyone shot it down. Said it was the new shiny or whatever only a few around here know the true secret way to rebuild around here we are just the lucky ones to get to share a board around here with them.

So yeah don't get mad at me i'm just another lucky one.

I guess we're suppose to just suck and hope uncle Gary gives them the true #1 for once.

Bourbon you say don't mind if i do...

For whatever it's worth, I really like the suggestion. I guess I've just given up and think the timing is wrong.

But if the flyers can do that AND shed Hayes and then lose JVR next year, I'm enough struck by "ooh shiny!" that I'd be onboard.

I think Debrincat  gets suffocated by Torts, which will only exacerbate my frustration, so I don't know.

I'm just really sad about what's happened to this franchise.  And I'm sad because YOU have always been a bit more optimistic and you seem to be struggling.

Anyway, sorry for the negativity. You're one of my favorite posters.  Cheers

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

I'm just really sad about what's happened to this franchise.  And I'm sad because YOU have always been a bit more optimistic and you seem to be struggling.

Agreed!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

I guess I've just given up and think the timing is wrong.

It is never the wrong time to add 24 year old players to your roster.

Rangers did just fine adding Mika when he was 23. Why is this any different.

Might allow you to move TK because i am pretty sure he will be in Tort's doghouse real quick.

Move him while he has value. And as far as moving Hayes or JVR you may have to settle for just JVR.

23 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

I think Debrincat  gets suffocated by Torts, which will only exacerbate my frustration, so I don't know.

Not if you put him on the top line with Coots and Farabee. It is the 2nd line i worry about.

Will they go into 2022-23 as Frost or Hayes??? They loser bumped to 3rd line duty.

But it is a pipe dream any ways the Flyers won't be getting a 24 30 goal scorer...

Has the right idea

https://novacapsfans.com/2022/06/15/report-former-capitals-head-coach-trotz-turns-down-7-million-offer-from-flyers-buys-1-5-million-house-in-nashville-suburbs/?fbclid=IwAR1ND_lrnK3Zdh9gpYFJzUCATRbo7c2ektwnaASTGHISvB48vctCn2dXg2w&amp

Report: Former Capitals’ Head Coach Trotz Turns Down $7 Million Offer From Flyers, Buys $1.5 Million House In Nashville Suburb

9 hours ago, ruxpin said:

I think Debrincat  gets suffocated by Torts, which will only exacerbate my frustration, so I don't know

^^ This .....was about to post something similar.  Love DeBrincat, hell I had him on my FHL team before I traded him .....  I'm just afraid Torts handcuffs his creative ability.

Edited by pilldoc
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, pilldoc said:

^^ This .....was about to post something similar.  Love DeBrincat, hell I had him on my FHL team before I traded him .....  I'm just afraid Torts handcuffs his creative ability.

Are there any top level offensive players who are available, and aren't such pu$$ies that they will whither under a tough demanding coach?

47 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Are there any top level offensive players who are available, and aren't such pu$$ies that they will whither under a tough demanding coach?

without doing a deep dive into the FA pool ...I dunno

4 hours ago, pilldoc said:

Not sure why everyone keeps repeating this fallacy when Tampa won the Cup they had two 30 goal scorers/6 20 goal scorers.

His first year in Columbus he had two 30 goal scorers in Saad and Jenner as well as Atkinson and Hartnell as 20 goal scorers and Dubinsky put up 17 with his injuries. His 2nd to last year in Columbus he had Werenski put up 20 even.

Not sure why everyone thinks Torts doesn't want offense. He just wants his team to take care of the defensive side of their game too.

Please don't tell me it is because Captain Fortnite struggled under him??? That guy has been on a downward spiral since he scored 44 goals in 2017-18.

In fact he has come close to 30 since 2018-19 you can put a lazy bum who only wants to play offense on Torts.

But whatever continue to think that Torts is all about not scoring goals.

You've guys have your mind made up it seems and this club can't make the right decision no matter what.

I guess @CoachX was wrong the Flyers can't have nice things....

Edited by OccamsRazor
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Not sure why everyone thinks Torts doesn't want offense. He just wants his team to take of the defensive side of their game too.

Good point ....because we have been brain washed to think otherwise .....  I got nothing else.  

you make very valid points.....

21 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

But whatever continue to think that Torts is all about not scoring goals.

You've guys have your mind made up it seems and this club can't make the right decision no matter what.

like I mentioned above ...because we have been brainwashed to think otherwise.

I would be happy to admit I am wrong and eat crow ........

7 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

like I mentioned above ...because we have been brainwashed to think otherwise.

I would be happy to admit I am wrong and eat crow ........

I'm not saying you are wrong but we do have to change our mindset that every move is automatically a bad one. Sometimes we have to have an open mind set and see where things are headed.

I know it is hard we have been beat down so much for the last decade or longer but it all starts with thinking we deserve something good and something to work in our favor.

We get no extra points for thinking and putting out there everything that could go wrong.

Sometimes we just have to go with the flow and see what the future brings.

Hopefully when you jump in your car in the morning to head to work the first thing that jumps into your head shouldn't be "Oh lord i better not drive because i could get hit by a bus and die in a fiery crash!!!"

No we must reprogram ourselves to envision nice things that are going to happen to us today and the possibility of having good experiences and maybe growing as an individual and maybe have a positive impact on the people you encounter.

No we must have a positive vision first and then we must project it on our world and then ask what can we do to make it better and that starts with putting positive vibes out into the world.

We already know all the doom and gloom that can happen but what about the good things we deserve and want??

Well that is where i am trying to be because i want change. And i am doing that with the first step.

Sorry but all the constant negativity is dragging me down and it needs to change starting with us.

The best thing with Torts is the next guys who will get the axe i promise will be Chuckles now...

• Good Post 1

31 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Hopefully when you jump in your car in the morning to head to work the first thing that jumps into your head shouldn't be "Oh lord i better not drive because i could get hit by a bus and die in a fiery crash!!!"

yeah, when old ladies in wheelchairs come to my airport, I doubt they are concerned with the escalator

19 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Laine and Panarin

Two dudes who didn't want to be in Columbus to begin with???

And Panarin was down right terrible his last year in Columbus with his 87 point season and 28 goals ewe i would never want a Flyer forward with that type of production.

And then he put up 82 points (27 goals) the year before too with Torts disgusting get that guy out of here.....yeah you miss me with that shat.

Yeah not listening to anything those two have to say fug em.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I'm not saying you are wrong but we do have to change our mindset that every move is automatically a bad one. Sometimes we have to have an open mind set and see where things are headed.

I know it is hard we have been beat down so much for the last decade or longer but it all starts with thinking we deserve something good and something to work in our favor.

We get no extra points for thinking and putting out there everything that could go wrong.

Sometimes we just have to go with the flow and see what the future brings.

No we must reprogram ourselves to envision nice things that are going to happen to us today and the possibility of having good experiences and maybe growing as an individual and maybe have a positive impact on the people you encounter.

No we must have a positive vision first and then we must project it on our world and then ask what can we do to make it better and that starts with putting positive vibes out into the world.

We already know all the doom and gloom that can happen but what about the good things we deserve and want??

Well that is where i am trying to be because i want change. And i am doing that with the first step.

Sorry but all the constant negativity is dragging me down and it needs to change starting with us.

The best thing with Torts is the next guys who will get the axe i promise will be Chuckles now...

Great post and not saying your are wrong either.  However for many of us on here we have been beaten down with changes (and being told this is the final fix) over the past decade and we are no closer to Lord Stanley than we were 10 years ago.  It is tough to stay positive especially when a vast majority simply do not trust the FO leadership.

Will I give Torts a chance ....sure.  However, I am not holding my breath that meaningful change is going to breed sudden success on the ice ......

• Like 1

Sadly as  you know, some people who are diagnosed major depressive order have that outlook of impending doom and gloom .....  it is so severe that some cannot even get out of be in the morning.  (sorry off topic I know)

Edited by pilldoc
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Panarin

I thought he wanted to play in New York specifically

Is that wrong?

Was he "fleeing" Tortarella or did he want a bigger market with more Russians around so he could wear bad shirts, track suits and hang around card rooms?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, pilldoc said:

It is tough to stay positive especially when a vast majority simply do not trust the FO leadership.

Sure but if the fans can't how can you ask the same of the players.

It ain't easy but you have to stay positive because negativity brings nothing of value to this turn around.

Sure but if the fans can't how can you ask the same of the players.

big difference ..... fans are fans....players get paid, it is their job.

No different than that of any job ...I may not always agree with management or the senior management of my particular employer.  In fact at times I really wonder where my employer is going ..... however, I am a professional and it is my job to take care of my patients and provide the best pharmaceutical care I can in the most professional way regardless how I feel about my organization and whether I trust them or not.

In all honesty I am neither overly emotionally invested either way (positive or negative) as sports in general is now simply entertainment to me.   If we win great...great, if we lose, oh well I move on.  However, when an organization repeatedly makes the same mistakes over and over and over again, it is hard to get pumped up for a new season.

That is just me .... I respect everyone else's opinion.  It's like the old Charlie Brown kicking the ball from Lucy.  

Fail Charlie Brown GIF by Peanuts

Edited by pilldoc
  • Like 4