Wild vs Blues (Game #5 GDT)

MNSOTA

59 minutes ago, EmptyShelf said:

He is chasing the GHOST that is Kap.  He thought he was close to his abilities.....he is NOT

Another Wild record for Kap - most goals in a series, and he could have 8 periods left.  He clearly learned something from last years playoffs.  Playing ANGRY and UNAFRAID.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, EmptyShelf said:

Another Wild record for Kap - most goals in a series, and he could have 8 periods left.  He clearly learned something from last years playoffs.  Playing ANGRY and UNAFRAID.

Well let's see there's 2 guys who are no longer on the team.

1 hour ago, bbgarnett said:

Well let's see there's 2 guys who are no longer on the team.

Them???Anvils.jpg.541433f38fa92f0cc76c29dbf59b4070.jpg + 1815299878_Boatanchor.jpg.6b35b35997672a5e1ec7e0d2d9de6d2a.jpg 

Did you hear that Jason Arnott item from above?  VERY telling.....But, he has clearly upped his game

1 hour ago, EmptyShelf said:

Jari Kurri holds all-time record with TWELVE GOALS in SIX GAMES.  A couple lesser known names at 11 and 10, but Gretzky high was 7, Lemieux and Bossy at 9 and 8 respectively (along with the Hulls, Howes, Ovis and Crosby's also topped out at 8 😎).  Thus, Kap is in rare air in this series if he scores another couple of goals - which seems pretty possible at his current pace.  The 'playoff monkey' seems to be off his back in year 2.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, EmptyShelf said:

Did you hear that Jason Arnott item from above?  VERY telling.....But, he has clearly upped his game

Those links are always broken for me...What did he say about Suter in a nutshell?

59 minutes ago, ClusterChuck said:

Those links are always broken for me...What did he say about Suter in a nutshell?

Compared Shea Weber and Ryan Suter when they all were on Smashville.  Said that Weber 'was a professional, respectful and always wanted to learn, while Suter complained about playing time, his time on the power play, and other players salaries'...then, he said that he knows Billy Guerin, and he 'heard that Suits caused a lot of issues in that locker room and Guerin got rid of him and the Wild now have a wonderful TEAM.'  Jason Arnott was a really good player, and well-respected by most players over his long career - when he stated that in an open forum, you can bet it was worse than even he stated, as Arnott is known to be pretty classy.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ClusterChuck said:

Kap, Moose and even Greenway are showing the 'Beast Mode'.
Let's dominate the 2nd period that same as the first since it's the Blues favorite period and get them thinking about going home and desperate.

10-2 in hits (Wild vs Blues).  Moose is having a HUGE impact, and changing our MO from 'soft' to 'chewing glass'

9 minutes ago, EmptyShelf said:

Compared Shea Weber and Ryan Suter when they all were on Smashville.  Said that Weber 'was a professional, respectful and always wanted to learn, while Suter complained about playing time, his time on the power play, and other players salaries'...then, he said that he knows Billy Guerin, and he 'heard that Suits caused a lot of issues in that locker room and Guerin got rid of him and the Wild now have a wonderful TEAM.'  Jason Arnott was a really good player, and well-respected by most players over his long career - when he stated that in an open forum, you can bet it was worse than even he stated, as Arnott is known to be pretty classy.

Wow...That's ....No words for that.
I'd love to hear Suter's response 😄

• Like 1

The execution rapidity of Kaprizov is ridiculous. On the first goal he had almost turning his back from the net and then 0.000034 seconds later, boom. On the second one he embarrassed Binnington quite nicely. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ClusterChuck said:

Wow...That's ....No words for that.
I'd love to hear Suter's response 😄

Suter was probably L O A T H E D in that locker room, as the lesser defenseman with one of the best (Weber).  Older guys (at the time) like Arnott must have been asking themselves 'who IS this punk?'  Just because daddy played, doesn't entitle you to act like an A$$.  Apparently, once he got on his own team as a high-priced FA/Vet, his cancerous attitude metastasized into forming the Country Club with old sour puss Koivu and the Man Baby.  Probably explains a lot about our past lack of sack and teamwork in the playoffs.  I had also heard that Suter refused to come off the ice FREQUENTLY

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, EmptyShelf said:

So, when is Fiala/Boldy going to show up?  EEK may have to web one, though Lou and the Rig are playing like they deserve one.  The Blues are starting to back off when the GREEF is on the ice.

At this point even Freddie...Just so we get the next one and soon.

1 hour ago, Math said:

The execution rapidity of Kaprizov is ridiculous. On the first goal he had almost turning his back from the net and then 0.000034 seconds later, boom. On the second one he embarrassed Binnington quite nicely. 

He has the ability to process things in a way that you RARELY see.  It is very special.  He doesn't have McDavid's pure speed, but he is plenty fast and his processing is Top 5.  His edge-work is peerless from what I see.  A generational talent for the Wild for a 5th round pick.  I just wish they had him signed by more than the 5 years (I would have offered 10 years, and $100 MM large).

1 hour ago, wildstars95 said:

You Must Star Wars GIF by Regallearning lesson's for young boldy this playoff's will be

One of THE top philosophers....'Do..or do not...there is no TRY'.  I even leveraged it with my kids.😄 (sice ba$tard that I am).

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, EmptyShelf said:

He has the ability to process things in a way that you RARELY see.  It is very special.  He doesn't have McDavid's pure speed, but he is plenty fast and his processing is Top 5.  His edge-work is peerless from what I see.  A generational talent for the Wild for a 5th round pick.  I just wish they had him signed by more than the 5 years (I would have offered 10 years, and $100 MM large).

But does McD have Kaps ability to go sideways and still keep speed and the puck in control.
Different stles, Both amazing.