Wild vs Blues (Game #6 GDT)

MNSOTA

2 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Blues at Avalanche.

If ever there was a series where I wouldn't mind both blowing each other up, that would be the one.

Sigh.
Dammit, Wild....this was your shot before Cap Hell took hold starting next year.....

We better have some unknown gems in the pipeline....and that Rossi kid....hope he "grows up" fast..

a small center in this division won't cut it

• Like 1

Just now, wildstars95 said:

a small center in this division won't cut it

Maybe not, but I am also a firm believer that if you have something at peak value, and someone else wants it, you can swap it for something YOU want.

I would NEVER have trusted the likes of Chuck Fletcher or Paul Fenton to do that right, but with Bill Guerin....very possible.
Same way I think Kevin Fiala makes a better trade chip than player, if Rossi is somehow perceived to not be ready to center a top line in this division, you can bet someone else will (because he IS talented, like Fiala), and something good can be gotten for him.

Watching GM's like Steve Yzerman gives me that kind of hope that Guerin will make the right choices if it comes to that.

1 hour ago, ClusterChuck said:

That's the worst part given who was on that team last year and go go out 1 less win. 😡

No one has shown up on offense in the past couple of games to support Kap.  It is really surprising that Fiala, Boldy, EEK, Foligno, Rig, Hart, & Zucc cannot find ONE GD Goal.  Fiala just cost himself a big contract next year, I think, and I would not be surprised if Dumba, Talbot, and even Spurgeon (and Bjug, Benn, etc) follow them out the door.  We need $$$ for next year, and this years team (experiment) collapsed at the worst time in the playoffs.

• Good Post 1

1 minute ago, Jimtown guy said:

Bring in Trotz 

IMO, great coach...BUT, he is the kind that will probably stifle the offense, and we may find ourselves with the old grindy Wild of the early to mid 2000's once again.

Funny thing is, Bruce Boudreau was NOT a fit with the team we had when he coached here....now, the more physical, attacking Wild style, yea, that fits Boudreau better (ala his Anaheim and Washington teams).

But he'd probably give the Wild the finger at this point for not having his back the first time round, eh? :bigteeth: 

1 minute ago, bbgarnett said:

the fact that our coach isn't pissed off right now is saying a lot I think.

0:4 Maybe it is a time to replace him too this off-season.

3 seasons in a row(since 2019) with him as a head coach we are not capable to pass 1st playoffs round.

2 minutes ago, wildstars95 said:

this team need 6'2 plus centers right hand shot of course ,more play makers with grit better goalies

more big right shot d-men ...right shots more right handed shots ...then you never know

No doubt we need help in the middle. Anything is going to be tough to do with those 2 crappy contracts back on the books 

• Uggh... 1

1 minute ago, Alexandron said:

0:4 Maybe it is a time to replace him too this off-season.

3 seasons in a row(since 2019) with him as a head coach we are not capable to pass 1st playoffs round.

maybe he's just a rah rah man that's it ...c'mon boy's play your game you can do it ...😜

10 minutes ago, ClusterChuck said:

He knew what was going to happen.

He should replace now Talbot to Fleury during a 3rd period. Maybe that will boost the team, but I doubt. 0:4 in playoffs is hard to tie in one period. 

1 minute ago, Alexandron said:

He should replace now Talbot to Fleury during a 3rd period. Maybe that will boost the team, but I doubt. 0:4 in playoffs is hard to tie in one period. 

Why not?
My wife just reminded me of that game vs Chicago years ago when we were down 4+ to win.
This is a different beast tho.

Maybe it's better to go down like this so changes are forced to happen. Instead of losing in OT or in game 7 saying we were "so close".

Just now, wildstars95 said:

score north after the game on you tube ..if you wanna vent ..it will be a gooder tonight 😜

18,000 professional GM's all spouting off. No thanks. 😄
I like our little bunch of Know-it-alls. 😎

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Blues at Avalanche.

If ever there was a series where I wouldn't mind both blowing each other up, that would be the one.

Sigh.
Dammit, Wild....this was your shot before Cap Hell took hold starting next year.....

We better have some unknown gems in the pipeline....and that Rossi kid....hope he "grows up" fast..

Rossi should be used during this regular season too instead of playing entire season in AHL and was getting injured there. In my opinion, he wasted time there. With him we would have a better scoring 4th line in a big club.

1 hour ago, ClusterChuck said:

Why not?
My wife just reminded me of that game vs Chicago years ago when we were down 4+ to win.

Maybe it's better to go down like this so changes are forced to happen. Instead of losing in OT or in game 7 saying we were "so close".

I would do it.  Neither goalie should be back with Wild next year.  I had been hoping that we kept Kahk and brought Wallstedt over to gain experience behind Kahkonen for 1-2 years (and to fix our Cap problem).  It all just makes me more disgusted with the Parise/Suter contracts that will strangle the team from necessary changes the next few years.  A bad investment is a bad investment, but when they are PUNKS too; well, that just pushes me into pure disdain.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ClusterChuck said:

Why not?

Sincerely, I am too skeptical out of this game.

2 minutes ago, EmptyShelf said:

I would do it.  Neither goalie should be back with Wild next year.  I had been hoping that we kept Kahk and brought Wallstedt over to gain experience behind Kahkonen for 1-2 years (and to fix our Cap problem).  It all just makes me more disgusted with the Parise/Suter contracts that will strangle the team from necessary changes the next few years.  A bad investment is a bad investment, but when they are PUNKS too; well, that just pushes me into pure disdain.

man how those 2 clowns pulled that contract  off is beyond me 

1 minute ago, EmptyShelf said:

DuHaime tries hard but seems to have ZERO scoring knack.  I have never seen a guy be less productive in high quality situations.

You can tell how it's going when he's had our best scoring chance. 😄