The truth about Ryan Suter

43 minutes ago, MNSOTA said:

If you haven't listened to the interview with former Predators teammate, Jason Arnott, I highly suggest you do. Seems the "Suter is a cancer in the locker room" people were 100% right.

https://www.minnesotasportsfan.com/ryan-suter-was-a-bad-teammate-before-minnesota-wild-nashville-predators-jason-arnott/

Ya, ol' Fletch picks some real winners to build around.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Ya, ol' Fletch picks some real winners to build around.

I would trade Risto for him right now...

This interview also makes me laugh, when I think of all those years Preds dans would boo whenever he’d touch the puck. We did them a favor and they didn’t realize it. 

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1
6 hours ago, MNSOTA said:

This interview also makes me laugh, when I think of all those years Preds dans would boo whenever he’d touch the puck. We did them a favor and they didn’t realize it. 

After a couple seasons I thought the same thing...They should be cheering him and taunting us at the same time.

I'm just glad he's no longer here.  I don't miss him or Parise for a bit.  With Trotz being out with the Islanders, and Lamiorello saying he felt the team needed to hear a new voice.  Anyone think Zach may be back up to his old tricks and undermining another coach?  

On 5/15/2022 at 7:37 AM, CreaseAndAssist said:

I'm just glad he's no longer here.  I don't miss him or Parise for a bit.  With Trotz being out with the Islanders, and Lamiorello saying he felt the team needed to hear a new voice.  Anyone think Zach may be back up to his old tricks and undermining another coach?  

Hard to say about Parise. Trotz's Islanders were starting to fade before Parise got there. And here he was getting $9.8M/season. So you pretty much knew he had Leipold's ear. Parise and Suter were Leipold's prize tag-team he felt were going to get the Wild a Winter Classic, or, dare I say it, a Stanley Cup? Everybody knew the Wonder Twins had undue influence in the locker room, and it was pretty obvious after a couple of seasons with those two who was running the asylum. And it certainly wasn't Yeo. I wonder how much control even Fletcher had over those two.

But Parise's making $750K now and separated from his BFF. Pretty sure ownership isn't going to listen to a fading "star" making just above league minimum, especially when the other half of the Wonder Twins isn't there to help him tag-team the coach or go around the coach to the owner... 

I finlly was able to watch Bill Guerin's end of the year press conferance and noticed how relieved he was " to finaly be able to do the things that we wanted to do".

Was that an admission that the coaches did not have the final say in how the yeam was run.

• Like 2
  • Good Post 1
On 5/19/2022 at 1:08 PM, IllaZilla said:

Hard to say about Parise. Trotz's Islanders were starting to fade before Parise got there. And here he was getting $9.8M/season. So you pretty much knew he had Leipold's ear. Parise and Suter were Leipold's prize tag-team he felt were going to get the Wild a Winter Classic, or, dare I say it, a Stanley Cup? Everybody knew the Wonder Twins had undue influence in the locker room, and it was pretty obvious after a couple of seasons with those two who was running the asylum. And it certainly wasn't Yeo. I wonder how much control even Fletcher had over those two.

But Parise's making $750K now and separated from his BFF. Pretty sure ownership isn't going to listen to a fading "star" making just above league minimum, especially when the other half of the Wonder Twins isn't there to help him tag-team the coach or go around the coach to the owner... 

However its also pretty strange to say he's a fantastic coach but we just needed a new voice when he got your team to the Eastern Conference finals multiple times when they probably had no reason to be there given the talent on the team, especially after the Tavares departure.  

On 5/22/2022 at 10:32 AM, CreaseAndAssist said:

However its also pretty strange to say he's a fantastic coach but we just needed a new voice when he got your team to the Eastern Conference finals multiple times when they probably had no reason to be there given the talent on the team, especially after the Tavares departure.  

Maybe there is something there. Lamoriello always loved Parise. Maybe Trotz started rubbing Lamoriello the wrong way. Who knows. I just have a hard time believing a league minimum fourth line has-been holds as much sway with ownership on the Island as he did when he was the multi-million dollar first line "star" here...but that's just me.