"And they've got Bryzgalov in goal..."

Guest JackStraw

Watching the HNIC broadcast, "The Flyers don't want to go to a shootout, they're the worst in the league... and they've got Bryzgalov in goal".

(Sigh)

LOL that is priceless. At least Philly got the win, but I'll be honest, I'm surprised.

"To be fair, this Calgary or HNIC crew was one of the best i have watched recently. Only slight homer activy was with 5-3 penalty. But they have called fair game both side."

I wish all Flyer games were on CBC or Sportsnet or TSN, they are a lot more bias than the homer team announcers in the USA, while except for Denis Potvin in Ottawa.

Watching the HNIC broadcast, "The Flyers don't want to go to a shootout, they're the worst in the league... and they've got Bryzgalov in goal".

(Sigh)

I liked the line they used after Bryz left in the first 2 goals......."The goals he left in weren't just soft, they were angora soft....."

I turned my tv off after the end of the OT. I did not want to take a chance on destroying it when Bryz failed miserably in the shoot-out. I am extremely glad he proved me wrong but it is still not something I will ever expect or count on........He still allowed 4 goals on 21 shots which comes out to a whopping good .810 save percentage....and that is rounding up a half a point.

To be fair, this Calgary or HNIC crew was one of the best i have watched recently. Only slight homer activy was with 5-3 penalty. But they have called fair game both side.

What did they say about the Penalty Shot? There was a time when it was a rarity now it is a status symbol for the Ref to make the call??

@Phlyer1

They said that that there was slash to the wrist as far as i remember, that slash looked weak to me. But after the call on Hartnell against Phaneuf just before their fight i suppose refs just make those calls.

Also there was 2 or 3 high sticks to Flyers faces that were uncalled. The HNIC crew showed the replays and mentioned that Calgary got away with those.

Edited by krasy

"To be fair, this Calgary or HNIC crew was one of the best i have watched recently. Only slight homer activy was with 5-3 penalty. But they have called fair game both side."

I wish all Flyer games were on CBC or Sportsnet or TSN, they are a lot more bias than the homer team announcers in the USA, while except for Denis Potvin in Ottawa.

I always watch the Flyers feed, but the last 2 games I watched the Canada feed and they were way more insightful and interesting. The Philly feed is always making up excuses for Bryz ("He couldn't see the shot due to traffic - It knuckled on him and was a difficult save - etc") The Calgary feed last night was ripping him hard and in a well deserved way. It was refreshing.

I always watch the Flyers feed, but the last 2 games I watched the Canada feed and they were way more insightful and interesting. The Philly feed is always making up excuses for Bryz ("He couldn't see the shot due to traffic - It knuckled on him and was a difficult save - etc") The Calgary feed last night was ripping him hard and in a well deserved way. It was refreshing.

this is what drives me nuts about the Philly team. I mean, I know they're paid by the flyers, but the most critical thing they've ever said was... "he'd like to have that one back."