Looking at game 7’s

Buffalo Rick

To me the teams that should win game 7 are as follows.   Edmonton, Calgary, Rangers, Toronto Maple 🍁 Leafs.   No clue on Bruins and Canes. Let’s look at the last one mentioned first.  As crazy as Madison Square Garden will be for the Rangers game 7, tonight’s game in Toronto is one of those rare big moments, like the Red Sox coming back from 3-0 and beating Yankees.  I’d like to see the scalpers ouf front, if the Mounties allow it to go on without interfering ?   A bus load of Montreal fans were in Buffalo a few years back and they told me stories of the huge prices to see Leafs vs Canadians.  I’m sure that died down this year as bad as Montreal were.  But tonights game, the two time Cup winning Tampa team plays one of the most storied franchises in sports in a game 7.  I feel the Leafs had them in game 6, and as long as Campbell stops the ones he should, I like the Leafs. They have more speed and talent up front with the likes of Marner, Matthews and Tavares.  The place will be crazy. So will the garden tomorrow and the Penguins are likely feeling the pressure of blowing a 3-1 lead. Calgary and Edmonton should get it done and it would be better for the sport in general for those two to move to the next round.  Florida shook off the early pressure the Caps put on them and got it done. 
I have not talked about the other game 7.  Boston at Carolina.  I really feel it’s a coin flip.  The city of Boston has been spoiled with success in all 4 major sports.  And now they have 2 game 7s.  One in the NHL and the other in the NBA.  Lots of exciting game 7s in both sports.  I really hope the Leafs win because I believe they are the best in the East and they have a deserving fan base unlike those transplanted northern hockey fans that are now soaking up the sun 🌞.  The Leafs fans are among the best in all of sports.  Along with Browns. Bills , Sabres and many others. 
I’ll end with Go Leafs Go!  

Wow, five games sevens in the first round. Gonna be a great hockey weekend.  I'd have to say that if I was a betting guy, I'd just go with all the home teams. The home crowds are going be great in all the arenas, and should be a great advantage to the home teams. 

This is one of the reasons ya gotta love the Stanley Cup Playoffs. Game 7's in playoff format brings out so much excitement and the teams best.

Home ice in game 7 has to be an advantage. The crowds giving the teams that extra boost of adrenaline with their enthusiam and excitement has to give the home team an edge.

Bruins @ Hurricanes- Probably the toughest to predict, but I am going with the Hurricanes here mostly because I despise the Bruins. I see Aho netting the game winner.

Lightning @ Maple Leafs- This game is all about pressure. The Lightning have the pressure on them to stay alive and keep going for a 3 peat while the Maple Leafs want to finally advance after 18 years. As a Leafs fan I am hoping that the Lefas can do it. I see the Captain John Tavares netting the game winner in this one.

Kings @ Oilers- I believe the Connor McDavid is now on a mission to win this series and he will get it done. Wouldn't be surprised if he pulls off a hat trick. Connor McDavid gets the game winner.

Penguins @ Rangers- Sad to say that the Penguins may be without their best player for game 7 which will be a shame. That however is not my concern with the Penguins in this game. My concern is with Louie Dominigue and his confidence. After playing spectacular throughout the series he lets in a horrible goal for the game 6 game winner and that has to shake him a bit. He also doesn't have much experience with this sort of situation at all. Shesterkin also doesn't have the experience, but he also is a journeyman type of goalie. I see The Bread Man netting the game winner for the Rangers in this one.

Stars @ Flames- This one is also going to be tough, but I also think home ice is going to help the Flames out here. I see Johnny Gaudreau netting the game winner and the Flames advance. 

2 hours ago, Toronto Jules said:

This is one of the reasons ya gotta love the Stanley Cup Playoffs. Game 7's in playoff format brings out so much excitement and the teams best.

Home ice in game 7 has to be an advantage. The crowds giving the teams that extra boost of adrenaline with their enthusiam and excitement has to give the home team an edge.

Bruins @ Hurricanes- Probably the toughest to predict, but I am going with the Hurricanes here mostly because I despise the Bruins. I see Aho netting the game winner.

Lightning @ Maple Leafs- This game is all about pressure. The Lightning have the pressure on them to stay alive and keep going for a 3 peat while the Maple Leafs want to finally advance after 18 years. As a Leafs fan I am hoping that the Lefas can do it. I see the Captain John Tavares netting the game winner in this one.

Kings @ Oilers- I believe the Connor McDavid is now on a mission to win this series and he will get it done. Wouldn't be surprised if he pulls off a hat trick. Connor McDavid gets the game winner.

Penguins @ Rangers- Sad to say that the Penguins may be without their best player for game 7 which will be a shame. That however is not my concern with the Penguins in this game. My concern is with Louie Dominigue and his confidence. After playing spectacular throughout the series he lets in a horrible goal for the game 6 game winner and that has to shake him a bit. He also doesn't have much experience with this sort of situation at all. Shesterkin also doesn't have the experience, but he also is a journeyman type of goalie. I see The Bread Man netting the game winner for the Rangers in this one.

Stars @ Flames- This one is also going to be tough, but I also think home ice is going to help the Flames out here. I see Johnny Gaudreau netting the game winner and the Flames advance. 

Shocking!!!  You not only agree with all my picks but you are picking your team to lose!  So I guess the Blues get Colorado.  If you count the two NBA games, 7 game 7s this weekend

44 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Shocking!!!  You not only agree with all my picks but you are picking your team to lose!  So I guess the Blues get Colorado.  If you count the two NBA games, 7 game 7s this weekend

No not picking the Leafs to lose at all. I said John Tavares would net the game winner in game 7. The Leafs will win. 

The Blues will go down to Colorado, but the Flames will advance against Edmonton and take down Colorado to advance to the Stanley Cup Finals against Toronto and lose to the Leafs. 

3 hours ago, Toronto Jules said:

Blasphemy....

• Haha 1

Bruins...Big names step up bruins win 3-2 in a tight one.

Bolts Vas over Campbell

Kings, Smith has a stinker of a night, and somehow LA pulls this off.

Rangers...they solve Louis freaking Domingue

Flames, win it big at home.

6 hours ago, Toronto Jules said:

No not picking the Leafs to lose at all. I said John Tavares would net the game winner in game 7. The Leafs will win. 

The Blues will go down to Colorado, but the Flames will advance against Edmonton and take down Colorado to advance to the Stanley Cup Finals against Toronto and lose to the Leafs. 

The Blues will go down huh?  Why?  Because they lost a few one goal games to them juggling goalies?  We’ll see.  Don’t sell Blues short.  Could win it all.  Been more impressive than Calgary so far

1 hour ago, Hockey Junkie said:

The Blues will go down huh?  Why?  Because they lost a few one goal games to them juggling goalies?  We’ll see.  Don’t sell Blues short.  Could win it all.  Been more impressive than Calgary so far

I would actually love the Blues to take down the Avalanche. I just don't see them holding the Colorado offense down as much as Calgary. 

10 hours ago, FireDillabaugh said:

The Blues aren't selling Colorado short.  Neither should you.  Especially when Kuemper has been given the rest he needs.

Certainly wouldn't bet the farm on them being able to contain the Avs offense.  Blues are a good team.  But, they aren't the Avs.

As always, will be fun to see what happens!!

Teresenko, Schenn, O'Reilly, Parayko, Binnington.   Enough to beat anyone

9 hours ago, Toronto Jules said:

I would actually love the Blues to take down the Avalanche. I just don't see them holding the Colorado offense down as much as Calgary. 

I actually think the problem lies more with them scoring on Co.  But anyway, its too bad the Leafs, the best team IMO, lost.  Game 6 was theirs. In their pocket. you do not give a team a free way out with a two man advantage on a call that was incidental. It was a ******** call that cost the Leafs the game and series and maybe the Cup. I do not think anyone else in the East is as good as Toronto or Tampa.  So now its Tampa vs either the Blues, Co or Calgary.  3 way toss up in West.  If the Stars pull an upset tonight, which I cant see, it will be bad for the sport. they will be taken out like the trash they are in the next round but I do not see it happening. The Blues can win and I would like to see them play Tampa in a way.   I cant stand Colorado.  Stole the Cup from Quebec City.  Wont care if its them and Tampa and wont watch.  If its Blues  or Flames of course I will.  Maybe Florida is the team that can win the East?  They did win the Presidents Trophy and that is a big deal.  So I am not going to sell them short.  The Rangers are far more dangerous than the Pens if they win tonight. But it likely comes down to Tampa or Florida.  Do not think Carolina can beat either. 

I dont understand how the Blues are set to play Colorado?  I thought they were higher seed than Edmonton?  Not sure. I know Colorado  is the top in the West and Florida overall.  So if Rangers win I assume they play Florida?  Tampa vs Carolina?

• Like 1

You are probably correct. The Blues probably cannot keep up with Colorado in the offense. Hell, really only on paper the Panthers might be able to and Toronto would have maybe and possibly Tampa Bay, but other than that I don't see it. Edmonton might have enough offense, but I don't think they can stop Colorado from scoring. I think it is more about who can shut down Colorado's scoring and I think that can be Calgary. 

Tampa will play Florida and whoever wins between Pittsburg and the Rangers will play Carolina. In the West Colorado plays St. Louis and Edmonton will play either Calgary or Dallas. 

22 hours ago, Toronto Jules said:

You are probably correct. The Blues probably cannot keep up with Colorado in the offense. Hell, really only on paper the Panthers might be able to and Toronto would have maybe and possibly Tampa Bay, but other than that I don't see it. Edmonton might have enough offense, but I don't think they can stop Colorado from scoring. I think it is more about who can shut down Colorado's scoring and I think that can be Calgary. 

Tampa will play Florida and whoever wins between Pittsburg and the Rangers will play Carolina. In the West Colorado plays St. Louis and Edmonton will play either Calgary or Dallas. 

I guess Carolina was a higher seed than Tampa.  Rangers lowest.  We know Florida can score.  But can they keep it out. Enough?  I was worried Capitals would beat  them early in series. I like Florida in game one because it took the life out of Tampa to rally and beat a very good Leafs team that deserved a better outcome.  You are selling my Blues short