Wild 2022 off season

Jimtown guy

37 minutes ago, Alexandron said:

We need to look for a star goalie 

From my understanding, Guerin is planning to trade Fiala because he will be too expensive for us,

Guerin will have to pull one out of his....hat.
Any young potential star goalie is known by their teams, Like our Walstedt so that leaves another past-prime goalie to chose from.
Any solid stars like Vasilevski etc are going to be kept unless a trade comes up than can't be resisted.
Just like a Solid 1C ...Every teams wants one. Not everyone gets one.

Guerin doesn't seem like he wants to make some magic formula to be able to resign Fiala. Fiala will get the extra $$ from someone given his reg season performance alone and Guerin and Fiala both know it just wasn't going to happen here.
Proof is in his message..."Thank You Minnesota." Nice and telling at the same time.

Our 3 Wild players(Boldy; Hartman; Merrill) are playing now for the USA team at the 2022 IIHF Hockey World Championship in Finland. Hartman and Boldy have 1 goal each during this tournament so far. Tomorrow they will have a semifinal toughest game against the Finland team. And Canada team will be playing a semifinal game against the Czech team. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

You are right of course....however, since my fandom for Minnesota sports didn't begin till 2005, those are ancient history to me. 😄

I’ve been suffering since 61’

• Good Post 1
  • Uggh... 1

On 5/27/2022 at 9:49 AM, Alexandron said:

Our 3 Wild players(Boldy; Hartman; Merrill) are playing now for the USA team at the 2022 IIHF Hockey World Championship in Finland. Hartman and Boldy have 1 goal each during this tournament so far. Tomorrow they will have a semifinal toughest game against the Finland team. And Canada team will be playing a semifinal game against the Czech team. 

Unfortunately, our team lost agaist both teams: in semifinals to Finland team and for bronze to Czechs team. Boldy have got during this tournament 1 goal and 1 assist;  and Hartman 1 goal. Overall it was a nice experience for our 3 Wild players: Boldy; Hartman; Merrill.

Congrats to Finland team and especially to our former Wild player Granlund for getting a gold medal in OT finals against a Canada team.

40 minutes ago, Alexandron said:

Unfortunately, our team lost agaist both teams: in semifinals to Finland team and for bronze to Czechs team. Boldy have got during this tournament 1 goal and 1 assist;  and Hartman 1 goal. Overall it was a nice experience for our 3 Wild players: Boldy; Hartman; Merrill.

Congrats to Finland team and especially to our former Wild player Granlund for getting a gold medal in OT finals against a Canada team.

I was a bit surprised that Hartman was playing in those. Shows how much he loves the game while others just want the time off. 😎

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jimtown guy said:

Yea but they are the only team with rings 

Both '87 and '91 I was at the Boys and Girls club gala and somehow thankfully the final games I was able to record on the VCR and with no social media, Got to watch the victories later that night.

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

54 minutes ago, ClusterChuck said:

I was a bit surprised that Hartman was playing in those. Shows how much he loves the game while others just want the time off. 😎

Only 3 our players were able to play at the IIHF this year. The others took the time off. Some of them because of injuries. From my understanding 2 players are planning to have similar surgeries off season (Spurgeon and Zuccarello).

Interesting, I just finished watching game#7 between Rangers and Carolina, which confirmed again my conclusion of how important to have a star goalie for the playoffs. My 1st observation about that was in series between St. Louis and Colorado, when Binnington was injured and Husso was not able to compete.

Edited by Alexandron

On 5/30/2022 at 10:58 PM, Alexandron said:

Only 3 our players were able to play at the IIHF this year. The others took the time off. Some of them because of injuries. From my understanding 2 players are planning to have similar surgeries off season (Spurgeon and Zuccarello).

Interesting, I just finished watching game#7 between Rangers and Carolina, which confirmed again my conclusion of how important to have a star goalie for the playoffs. My 1st observation about that was in series between St. Louis and Colorado, when Binnington was injured and Husso was not able to compete.

So what's your definition of a Star Goalie then?
Would someone like Binnington qualify?
Just trying to guage what you mean.
We had Fleury, But past his 'Star' status days. 
In the Wild's case, Who would you want to see in a Wild sweater and that's even available? (Not even taking in consideration Cap space issues)
Walstedt could be a star but he hasn't even played with the big boys yet. Sadly expectations will be extremely high on him from the start.

On 6/4/2022 at 11:08 AM, ClusterChuck said:

So what's your definition of a Star Goalie then?
Would someone like Binnington qualify?
Just trying to guage what you mean.
We had Fleury, But past his 'Star' status days. 
In the Wild's case, Who would you want to see in a Wild sweater and that's even available? (Not even taking in consideration Cap space issues)
Walstedt could be a star but he hasn't even played with the big boys yet. Sadly expectations will be extremely high on him from the start.

Definitely, not a goalie with starting his last name on letter "K". 🙂

We did not have a luck with them.

Star goalie, in my opinion, must be able consistently steal games against the most offensive NHL teams as well as having the best GAA during the regular season (probably, below 2.0). Current Fleury did not fit into this category during the regular season by playing at Chicago . We gave him a chance, but his GAA was still high despite of competitive play with Talbot. Some goalies sometimes are standing up during playoffs, but I did not see that from our both goalies. Their GAA was high again which destructed team's mentality, especially during games #5 and #6. Sincerely, I did not recognize my team then, no enough efforts , no will to win, which was not acceptable for the playoffs. During this playoffs season I liked the most play of Binnington , Shesterkin and Vasilevsky so far.

• Like 1

According to an article in NJ.com, the Devils are regarded as the front runner to land Kevin Fiala. Lisa Dillman of The Athletic says “most everybody I’ve talked to says the Devils are the front runner..”

Russo has also eluded to the Devils as a possible trade partner. New Jersey has the 4th ranked talent pool and their first round picks this year and next.

• Like 1