JVR / Bryz / Trade Deadline and Lord Stanley

Guest pilldoc

So here is my opinion on the hot topics of late. I think most of us are in agreement that Bryz is not the answer for our goaltending issues. Bob is Bob and he may or may not be the long term solution either. Bryz's contract is gonna haunt us for a very long time unless we can get some sucker to take him off our hands.

Can we all be agreement that JVR has not lived up to his expectations this year. Be it just being a bad year or do you want to factor in the injuries. I know must of us are assuming JVR will be traded, but are any of us willing to cut him some slack? Not making excuses, his inconsitent play is driving most of us to higher than normal amounts of alcohol consumption.

No one forsaw the injury to Pronger. Sadly his career is over. Therefore we need to find another d-man of his caliber somewhere. The bad news is they just do not grow on trees. His presence on the ice is surly missed along with play on the PP. His captaincy is void that willl need to be addressed during the off season.

So..........

Face it, most of us at the start of the season did not see this team as a true legit cup contender. I saw this year as year the team finds it identity again, something that was truely lacking last year.

I know fans demand change because of the teams recent play. I too am very frustrated by their Jeckyl and Hyde act, however let's not sell the farm for instant gratification and quick fixes.

i propose that we let the kids play and see how they do. At this point in time I say do not trade JVR UNLESS it is to move Bryz and his contract. Then the question is, who backs up Bob??? There is no guarantee on Bernier (even if we can pry him away from the Kings).

We DO NOT need Nash, again UNLESS we can move Bryz and his contract and we can parlay Nash into a legit #1 or #2 D-man or goalie.

We (Homer) could just sit back and do nothing and hope and pray that Bryz's play this year was an anomally and hope he rebounds next season. The same could be said of JVR. Maybe he does rebound next season. Then if JVR's play is not improved next season then we start tending offers for him.

This team needs to focus on getting a true D-man during the offseason and do what it takes to get either Shea and/or Weber away from the Preds.

The offense is fine. I truely like what we have,

For the rest of the season this team needs to focus on playing 60 min of hockey and not worry about Lord Stanley. Therefore i believe we should be quiet come the trade deadline. The only trades I would even consider would be to move Bryz and his behemoth contract. Let's not make a trade for the sole purpose of making a trade.

I hope this team makes it to the playoffs and therefore give the young kids some playoff experioence. This team can win the first round, but I would find it hard for them to succeed past that. (Yes, I know anything can happen), but realistically teams such as Boston and the Rags are just plain better.

Don't get me wrong, the future looks extremely bright for this club. Homer has done a masterful job at changing the atmosphere of this club, Unfortunately the play of Bryz has left a recent sour taste in most of our mouths.

Again these are just my thoughts and opinions.

Feel free to add on to any of these ideas........

Talk you you guys later!

Pill

(the good doc!) :)

Edited by pilldoc

@pilldoc

thanks for lending some perspective.

i agree with nearly everything you've written,

Suter and Weber and their ilk can be had with money of which the chairman has an abundance , keep the young player get them some playoff experience.

JvR has shown some chemistry with Schenn and Voracek that line could be very very good, I don't want to see him in an different eastern conference sweater.

hope the new cba has a penalty free buyout provison and send bryz to KHL and Peggy.

JVR's main problem here is Lavi! JVR has one of the hardest slapshots in the league,when is the last time you saw him use it,his blazing wrist shot,his skating speed? Lavi needs to let the guys do what they do best at! Bryzo:"The Rubik's Cube of the NHL". Good luck with that one.

JVR's main problem here is Lavi! JVR has one of the hardest slapshots in the league,when is the last time you saw him use it,his blazing wrist shot,his skating speed? Lavi needs to let the guys do what they do best at! Bryzo:"The Rubik's Cube of the NHL". Good luck with that one.

Seriously, you're blaming Lavy for JVR's lack of heart? Slapshots are tough to get off because of the time it takes to wind up. Reemer usually has guys playing the body on him, making wristers his only option most of the time. Now, if JVR would drive the net, he could get some garbage goals - but that's not the way he wants to play.

If JVR could actually find open space, maybe he could work on his one-timer, but that's about it. They did try JVR on the point on PP last season IIRC, but he can't really play well in that spot.

Anything else you want to blame Lavy for? Global warming, the economy, the stench of NJ, lack of world peace? Maybe YOU could do better?

@

I think JvR has been put on a line where he'll be able to make some noise, if he shows up... frequently he Schenn and Voracek have looked very good. they're fast, big, and are all strong on the puck once they get it. must have been chief berube to come up with that combination.

i guess Pete must have dinged your car door in a parking lot and not left a note or something, i don't get what seems to be blind hatred for him from you based soley upon his performance.

@pilldoc

Bryz is like the GMC Suburban sitting on the dealers lot that no one wants to buy when gas prices are high. The only way to git rid of it is with a rebate incentive of $7000.

We're going to have to include some incentives (JVR/Couturier) to get anyone to even come to the lot and kick the tires on Bryzgalov.

@SoCalFlyfan and

@mojo1917

...sadly I agree with both of you. I really hate to have give up one of the kids...but if I had to choose I would say JVR.....(and I really hate to say that because I wanted to give him one more year)

I knew that damm contract was gonna come back and bite is where the sun don't shine.

Ilya: Peggy, I hav problem with my cridit kard my name is Ilya..........

I ham trying to by Directors cut DVD of Solaris and da machin will no xcept da cart

Peggy: Ilya, u chuld be in Novosibirsk da vay yu play

NO CRDIT KARD FOR UUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Hangup..........

This team needs to focus on getting a true D-man during the offseason and do what it takes to get either Shea and/or Weber away from the Preds.

We can just wait till he becomes an UFA and sign him. He's not going to want to stay in Nashville. The key to everything is trying to undo the mistake made with Bryz.

pretty good assessment pill. I would not do a major shakeup. the team is pretty much as expected. the pronged injury is a big one because we needed more help on defense before he went down.

some of us did foresee something with pronger though. on the positive side, his cap money can surely be put to good use. maybe a play at weber or suter.

bryz is a huge problem.. as we all know. if there is any way to flip him, they gotta make it happen. would like to somehow get bernier. I think I would swap jvr for bernier... if I could. have bernier and bob battle it out for starts.

The key to everything is trying to undo the mistake made with Bryz.

And therein lies the crux of the problem. Getting rid of him / his contract is gonna be like trying to get rid of that STD you got from your ex-girlfriend or one night stand. As someone mentioned before, we may have to give up someone else for him to disappear into the sunset.

Is there a pill for that?

lol..well not quite a pill....we use Rocephin IM (intramuscularly) and/or Bi-Cillin LA ( a form of penicillin given IM also) and both are gonna hurt like a mother-f..ucker

of course we can use the analogy of a good ol nasty case of butt puss and you just have to go in there and surgically remove it no matter how bad it hurts

lol..well not quite a pill....we use Rocephin IM (intramuscularly) and/or Bi-Cillin LA ( a form of penicillin given IM also) and both are gonna hurt like a mother-f..ucker

of course we can use the analogy of a good ol nasty case of butt puss and you just have to go in there and surgically remove it no matter how bad it hurts

I think we may have a new nickname for Bryz.