*** 2021-22, 2nd Round SC Playoffs: St. Louis Blues (C3) at Colorado Avalanche (C1) - (COL WINS 4-2) ***

St. L vs Col  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Which Heavy Hitter Goes To The West Finals?

• 1-- Blues in 4. Feeling all kinds of giddy after putting down MN, they do double damage to the highly touted Avalanche!
    • 2-- Blues in 5. They stifle and stymie the Avs, give up only 1 game, and skate away a playoff monster
    • 3-- Blues in 6. Tough, bruising series that comes down to opportunities taken, and StL certainly does that
    • 4-- Blues in 7. Could have gone either way, but StL would not be denied another Western berth as they their 2nd Cup!
    • 5-- Avalanche in 4. Blues are no different to the Avs than the Preds...simply a different flavored snack!
    • 6-- Avalanche in 5. StL puts up a fuss, but their blue line simply cannot match the power of the Colorado attack
    • 7-- Avalanche in 6. Great series where the Blues acquit themselves well, but Colorado is just better.
    • 8-- Avalanche in 7. Blues give as good as they get, but Colorado makes off with the series win anyways.

This poll is closed to new votes

9 minutes ago, Jimtown guy said:

The guy is clutch when it comes to the playoffs 

In 8 games this playoffs season he has 6 goals and 4 assists plus for tonight game he has a goal and assist.

• TropicalFruitGirl26 changed the title to 2021-22, 2nd Round SC Playoffs: St. Louis Blues (C3) at Colorado Avalanche (C1) - (COL Leads 2-1)

If Husso would be against Wild entire 1st round, then the Wild had a chance to win it.

I was hoping that Blues coach will not pull the goalie from the net at the end of the game, but, sadly, he did it. And the team had quick 2 EN goals. The goal#4 was especially stupid. From my observation, during playoffs EN is not the great idea for losing team. Because the great chance (probably 90%) is having for the winning team to score into the empty net.

I thought the studio panelists were joking around, or even Kadri himself, but apparently someone threw a water bottle at Nazem while he was on the air doing the post game interview with the studio panel.

First thing Kadri was asked was if he thought it was Binnington....obviously due to the collision between Kadri and Binny that caused the St. Louis goalie to have to exit.
Kadri said he wasn't sure.

While I certainly wouldn't condone throwing foreign objects at anyone for any reason, I can certainly understand why ANY player would want to chuck something at Kadri.
He is, an agitator extraordinaire on the ice after all! 😄

I'd be interested to see if anything comes out later about that situation. Was it a prank? Someone on his own team? Or was it a Blues player (even if wasn't Binnington), taking things a bit too far with off ice shenanigans?

10 minutes ago, FireDillabaugh said:

Blues just don't have a chance if Husso needs to be in their net.

Agree 100%. 3 goals out of 5 tonight were on him. In 3 previous playoffs games his GAA was 3.02. And after tonight game his GAA will be even more. Colorado is absolutely not a simple team, and the opposite goalie should be a star to withstand their attacks. Binnington did pretty well in previous 2 games against them. Probably , Vasilevsky will be able to do that if Colorado will meet Tampa in finals, but still not sure. Anyway , tonight game was very attractive and competitive from both sides by their speed and chances.

13 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

I thought the studio panelists were joking around, or even Kadri himself, but apparently someone threw a water bottle at Nazem while he was on the air doing the post game interview with the studio panel.

First thing Kadri was asked was if he thought it was Binnington....obviously due to the collision between Kadri and Binny that caused the St. Louis goalie to have to exit.
Kadri said he wasn't sure.

While I certainly wouldn't condone throwing foreign objects at anyone for any reason, I can certainly understand why ANY player would want to chuck something at Kadri.
He is, an agitator extraordinaire on the ice after all! 😄

I'd be interested to see if anything comes out later about that situation. Was it a prank? Someone on his own team? Or was it a Blues player (even if wasn't Binnington), taking things a bit too far with off ice shenanigans?

Who knows? Actually is not matter. But in overall results,  Blues lost that game because of Binnington's absence caused by Kadri collision into the goalie which also created a madness for the Blues fans(or players). Very understandable Blues (fans; players) position. In my opinion, no pranks were involved in such a high tension arena, just only madness.

I think this whole bitterness between Binnington and Kadri goes back before the incident in the last game. 

I have never played the game of hockey, but played soccer and softball and know that plays occur that accidental injuries can easily happen. In the game of hockey the game moves so very fast and these players skate so fast things like not being able to stop and avoid colliding with other players are going to happen. 

Binnington has been playing the game long enough to know this and if he was the one who threw the water bottle at Kadri during the interview that is such a childish act and he should be fined for that. 

• Like 1

I don’t care how many water bottles Binnington throws as long as he plays well.  The Blues do not need to go down two games and face elimination in CO.  I hope they bring it.  Teresenko included.  Go Blues!!!

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

I don’t care how many water bottles Binnington throws as long as he plays well.  The Blues do not need to go down two games and face elimination in CO.  I hope they bring it.  Teresenko included.  Go Blues!!!

Yea, well, HUSSO is the one who is gonna have to  help the Blues advance (if he can) because Binnington has been ruled out for the rest of the Colorado series.
He may be able to return if St. Louis gets to the next round, but for the rest of this set, barring some miracle comeback, he will be a non factor.

Binnington has lower-body injury for Blues, out for series vs. Avalanche (nhl.com)

Water Bottle-Gate has been solved! Wonderful.

It appears Binnington isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer then.
I seem to recall him getting into it with skaters on other teams throughout the season and last season...allowing his focus to be pulled from the game.
And now, with this Kadri thing, Nazem wins here.

Kadri is a known agitator and shady on-ice, some would say rat-punk, type player himself.
I can certainly understand someone wanting to throw something at him....water bottles, pucks, sticks, boulders, douse him in gas.......
But yea, that can't be condoned in any way.

Kadri's job is to irritate and get people off their games. If he's done that to Binnington, and by extension, gotten into the heads of Binny's teammates, then Nazem wins.
And Colorado may ultimately win.

The issue here though with Binnington and Kadri was the crashing of the net that ultimately injured Binnington and knocked him out of the remainder of the series. The play was not deemed to be dirty at all and just a play that was moving extremely quickly that actually happens quite often. I don't like when player get injured at all, but Jordan Binnington's reaction to this is uncalled for. 

Edited by Otter

3 minutes ago, Otter said:

The issue here though with Binnington and Kadri was the crashing of the net that ultimately injured Binnington and knocked him out of the remainder of the series. The play was not deemed to be dirty at all and just a play that was moving extremely quickly that actually happens quite often. I don't like when player get injured at all, but Jordan Binnington's reaction to this is uncalled for. 

Pretty obvious what the "issue" here that led Binny to do what he did, if reports are accurate.
And I will even say the collision wasn't Kadri's fault as it looked like he was pushed into Binny by a St. Louis defender.

Still doesn't change the fact that Kadri is a career D-bag who has a history (and suspensions if I am not mistaken) of rat-like play on the ice...especially with regards to running goaltenders.

He's the type of guy who does crazy chit to people, then wonders why someone wants to put a hit out on him.
Not defending Binnington at all...simply stating I UNDERSTAND why he'd want to do that.

Again...if Binnington is that worked up about it, then Nazem wins. Bottom line.

3 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Pretty obvious what the "issue" here that led Binny to do what he did, if reports are accurate.
And I will even say the collision wasn't Kadri's fault as it looked like he was pushed into Binny by a St. Louis defender.

Still doesn't change the fact that Kadri is a career D-bag who has a history (and suspensions if I am not mistaken) of rat-like play on the ice...especially with regards to running goaltenders.

He's the type of guy who does crazy chit to people, then wonders why someone wants to put a hit out on him.
Not defending Binnington at all...simply stating I UNDERSTAND why he'd want to do that.

Again...if Binnington is that worked up about it, then Nazem wins. Bottom line.

I disagree with this mostly because these players are professions and many kids look up to them and these sorts of actions are not acceptable at all no matter how much another player gets under their skin. Players in every sport get a lot of verbal abuse from fans , but we don't see the players running into the stands beating the hell out of the fans because of it or throwing stuff at them because if they did they would no longer be a professional player. There is a certain persona a professional athlete should take on that these kids can look up to. 

Maybe I am a little more sensitive on this subject because I have two young boys who do play sports and they do look up to some of these athletes. I myself may understand that these players are just regular people , but these young kids do not. 

Each team has one of these agitators on them and one that comes to mind in the Boston Bruins Brad Marchand. He can definitely get under other players skin, but handle it on the ice. Don't throw bottles or anything else when someone is doing an interview after the game. That to me is unacceptable. 

5 minutes ago, Otter said:

I disagree with this mostly because these players are professions and many kids look up to them and these sorts of actions are not acceptable at all no matter how much another player gets under their skin. Players in every sport get a lot of verbal abuse from fans , but we don't see the players running into the stands beating the hell out of the fans because of it or throwing stuff at them because if they did they would no longer be a professional player. There is a certain persona a professional athlete should take on that these kids can look up to. 

Maybe I am a little more sensitive on this subject because I have two young boys who do play sports and they do look up to some of these athletes. I myself may understand that these players are just regular people , but these young kids do not. 

Each team has one of these agitators on them and one that comes to mind in the Boston Bruins Brad Marchand. He can definitely get under other players skin, but handle it on the ice. Don't throw bottles or anything else when someone is doing an interview after the game. That to me is unacceptable. 

Not sure what you are disagreeing with, as I stated I do NOT condone Binnington, but ok, will just leave it at that.

1 minute ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Not sure what you are disagreeing with, as I stated I do NOT condone Binnington, but ok, will just leave it at that.

I gotcha, and I am not disagreeing with that at all. I guess I am just disagreeing that everytime an agitator player like Kadri or Marchand makes a play even if it is clean it should be considered as agitating or trying to get something started. I don't really think that was the case at all in this situation. That is all I am saying. I know you didn't agree with what Binnington did. 

• Like 1

Just heard the announcer on ESPN report that threats have been made towards Kadri on Twitter and beefed up police pressence outside the Colorado hotel has been made.

It is one thing to have Jordan Binnington to throw a water bottle at him, but idiots starting to make real threats against him are really unacceptable. 

Edited by Otter

15 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Yea, well, HUSSO is the one who is gonna have to  help the Blues advance (if he can) because Binnington has been ruled out for the rest of the Colorado series.
He may be able to return if St. Louis gets to the next round, but for the rest of this set, barring some miracle comeback, he will be a non factor.

Binnington has lower-body injury for Blues, out for series vs. Avalanche (nhl.com)

Oh great.  I know they are good enough so hopefully they even things tonight