*** 2021-22, 2nd Round SC Playoffs: St. Louis Blues (C3) at Colorado Avalanche (C1) - (COL WINS 4-2) ***

St. L vs Col  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Which Heavy Hitter Goes To The West Finals?

• 1-- Blues in 4. Feeling all kinds of giddy after putting down MN, they do double damage to the highly touted Avalanche!
    • 2-- Blues in 5. They stifle and stymie the Avs, give up only 1 game, and skate away a playoff monster
    • 3-- Blues in 6. Tough, bruising series that comes down to opportunities taken, and StL certainly does that
    • 4-- Blues in 7. Could have gone either way, but StL would not be denied another Western berth as they their 2nd Cup!
    • 5-- Avalanche in 4. Blues are no different to the Avs than the Preds...simply a different flavored snack!
    • 6-- Avalanche in 5. StL puts up a fuss, but their blue line simply cannot match the power of the Colorado attack
    • 7-- Avalanche in 6. Great series where the Blues acquit themselves well, but Colorado is just better.
    • 8-- Avalanche in 7. Blues give as good as they get, but Colorado makes off with the series win anyways.

This poll is closed to new votes

So mad at myself for missing this game and the Blues comeback.  At 2-0, FanDuel had the Blues around +860.  I almost bet $1 to win $8.60 but figured I would just be throwing a buck away.  But it would have been consistent with my Avs-in-7 prediction.

But it goes to show how improbable this win was viewed by Vegas.  (Even more improbable after 3-0, but by then I wasn’t paying attention.)

No home wins since game 1 (!)

Edited by SaucyJack

• TropicalFruitGirl26 changed the title to 2021-22, 2nd Round SC Playoffs: St. Louis Blues (C3) at Colorado Avalanche (C1) - (COL Leads 3-2)

The Blues have life!!!  I do not expect them to lose 3 in a row at home.  They should be flying. There is a part of me that wants them big time.  Another part of me says the only two other teams besides the Blues that could beat Tampa are Colorado and Calgary.  If Edmonton finds a way, and I hope the Flames blow them out tonight, then they eliminate one of the teams that I think could beat Tampa.  Edmonton cannot beat them.

Wow, what an ending to that game. McKinnon's third goal to retake the lead may have gone down as one of the best playoff goal efforts ever, but lost a little of its luster in a losing effort.  Games like this is why people love playoff hockey. Hope this goes seven games.

Heart: "Oh my god, that's terrible. This has hurt them a lot and the Avs won't recover from that"

Head: "That's only a glitch. Colorado will correct this and get back right on the track to win this series"

32 minutes ago, Math said:

Heart: "Oh my god, that's terrible. This has hurt them a lot and the Avs won't recover from that"

Head: "That's only a glitch. Colorado will correct this and get back right on the track to win this series"

Your head speaks the truth.
Tis nothing more than a hiccup in yesterday's game.

That contest should have gone Colorado's way right after that MacKinnon goal.
But St. Louis still has the core and beating heart of a champion and didn't wilt, didn't fold tents, didn't go away.

I like to praise my Lightning for having "the experience", "the fortitude", and "the winningness to do whatever it takes" to win.
Blues, despite my poking fun at them at times during these playoffs, still have more than a few guys who aren't that far removed from a championship and have those same qualities.

In the end, the Avs will get this done.
And if they don't, then, shame, shame, BLOODY shame on them!

I fully expect to hear the flooding of Avalanche fans' tears as they come up with MORE excuses why their team didn't advance THIS time....and the turning point, should Colorado lose?
An OT goal given up to Bozak the Clown.

This season, a mostly invisible, mostly non functional, on-ice "weapon" that saw him sleepwalk through most of the season, with minimal ice time....only to stab Bigfoot in the eye with that OT goal.
Keep your David slays Goliath...I got Bozak Slays Sasquatch...at least for one game.

That SHOULDN'T derail a strong team like the Avs (I am buying into this whole Avalanche hype now, remember ;) ), but if it ends up being so, then look out.
The Leaves® may have competition for biggest chokers since that rotund kid from down the block who had to have the Heimlich Maneuver done after swallowing a penny thinking it was a "chocolate wafer" :shifty: 

There was a bit of discussion the other day in the chatbox... MacKinnon vs McDavid and how they compare.

Both are very dynamic, explosive players, but in closely watching them both, I STILL maintain McDavid has an uncanny ability to "find" players, no matter where they are on the ice...and do things with puck handling and his body around other players, that make avoiding checks look so effortless.

MacKinnon is good, but he doesn't quite do that like McDavid does.
My opinion of course, but I think it's sound!

Justin Faulk gets the Blues on the board first, as the first period ends and sees StL with the lead, 1-0.

Analysts saying Darcy Kuemper should have stopped that shot.
Maybe. No screens, clear line of sight.....Kuemper might have overshot his positioning.

Hard to tell, but nevertheless, Blues in front in a must win game.

• TropicalFruitGirl26 changed the title to 2021-22, 2nd Round SC Playoffs: St. Louis Blues (C3) at Colorado Avalanche (C1) - (COL WINS 4-2)
6 hours ago, ClusterChuck said:

Figured to be the Mac n' Mc show but was hoping for at least a game 7 in this one.

Get ready for good ol’ fashion pond hockey series. Both goalies will have GAA north of 4.00.

Last shot wins?

• Like 1