*** 2021-22, 2nd Round SC Playoffs: Tampa Bay Lightning (A3) at Florida Panthers (A1) - (TBL WIN 4-0) ***

TBL vs FLA  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Which Florida Based Team Goes On To The East Finals?

• 1-- Bolts in 4. Champs are feeling great, and run through the Cats like a bolt of lightning through a kitten!
    • 2-- Bolts in 5. Panthers try, but are flustered once again by their cross state rivals.
    • 3-- Bolts in 6. Rockin series that has a bit of everything, as the Lightning skate away winners.
    • 4-- Bolts in 7. Goes the distance, both teams are game, but TB is not done flexing their playoff muscle just yet
    • 5-- Cats in 4. Panthers rip away the Bolts' crown...with their heads still in it!
    • 6-- Cats in 5. TB simply has no answers other than one stolen games, for the apparent new Beasts in the East.
    • 7-- Cats in 6. Florida has learned their lessons well and came more than ready to take a competitive series from TB
    • 8-- Cats in 7. Fantastic series that sees the end of the line for any three-peat talk, and possibly a new era in South East hockey!

This poll is closed to new votes

Presidents trophy winning team down 3-0.  As are a pretty good Mavericks team in the NBA.  It’s been done a few times in hockey, once in ⚾️ baseball, never in the NBA.  It’s due to happen in hoops, but not vs Steph Curry and his Warriors.  I don’t give Florida much hope either but I’ll go out on a limb and say they win tonight 

3 hours ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Presidents trophy winning team down 3-0.  As are a pretty good Mavericks team in the NBA.  It’s been done a few times in hockey, once in ⚾️ baseball, never in the NBA.  It’s due to happen in hoops, but not vs Steph Curry and his Warriors.  I don’t give Florida much hope either but I’ll go out on a limb and say they win tonight 

I don't see it happening. The Lightning have the correct formula going against the Panthers right now. They are filling up the lanes and blocking just about every possible shot the Panthers try to muster towards the net. The ones that do get to the net are quickly eaten up by Vasy. During the regular season the Panthers averaged around 4 goals per game and here in this series they are averaging 1 goal per game. The PP the Panthers are trying to put together is pretty much not even there.

I know the Panthers are a talented club and they can make drastric changes, but you also have to look at the talent of the Lightning and what they are doing. They are just not going to fall off and especially not on home ice. I think tonight is the end for the Panthers in these playoffs. 

Gator Cup Series resumes in about 5 minutes or so.

Will the Bolts close out the Panthers and complete the sweep?
Or does Florida finally pull one out, stave off elimination, and start executing some cliches as they go?

Second game of a back to back, which I think is ridiculous for playoff hockey, but, since these teams don't really have much in the way of travel, and there should be no advantage to eithers as both played yesterday, it will just be what it is and the more prepared and ready team will win tonight.

Lightning do have some bodies that could use some healing and rest, but best way to do that?
Finish off the Panthers and get all the heal and recharge time you need while you wait for the next series to start.

Panthers with absolutely nothing on that PP just a bit ago.

One could say Florida isn't doing this or that to get that PP working, but let's not forget the Lightning are making things very difficult for them as well, rushing the Panthers' decision making, disrupting plays with well placed sticks, stepping into passing lanes and picking off passes, and picking the right spots to hit a Florida player.
And when all that fails, Vasilevskiy is still there to make a stop.

If Florida's PP is having a bad series, it's because their opponents are MAKING them have a bad series.

Barkov and Huberdeau are both talented players. Yet neither has elevated their game in the playoffs. They frankly have played soft and low IQ hockey. Toe drags and blind behind the back passes repeatedly fail yet keep happening. 

Like I said a few hours earlier the formula the Lightning have been using that has been successful this series has been filling the lanes and blocking the shots and all else fails then there is Vasy. Even in tonights game where the Panthers are outshooting the Lightning 17 to 3 the Lightning continue to have success because they continue to do these things and on the scoreboard is a big fat zero for the Panthers in the 1st period. 

4 minutes ago, flyer4ever said:

Barkov and Huberdeau are both talented players. Yet neither has elevated their game in the playoffs. They frankly have played soft and low IQ hockey. Toe drags and blind behind the back passes repeatedly fail yet keep happening. 

Good observations.
Come to think of it, Huberdeau in particular, outstanding during the regular season, and even did alright in R1, has been virtually invisible this series, and I hardly hear his name called.

Barkov has had more chances and has been more of a threat to the Lightning, even though he has very little to show for it.

Lightning did lots of defending (and did it well) in that 1st period, but 3 SOG is NOT gonna get it done if they want to close out Florida.
They need to up the tempo and go on the attack.
If they continue to simply defend, Florida will eventually break through and gain them lots of momentum they have no business having.

If I can see that, I know Coach Cooper can.
Let's see what he has his boys do in the next frame.

All the bluster with SOG by Florida, and it's the Lightning that break out on top with minimal shots on goal.
1-0 Champs.

And yea, TB DID get lucky on a post clanked by a Florida player  bit prior to that goal.
Good teams take what the refs, hockey gods, and post gods give them!

EDIT:
This supposed "goal" is being challenged as I finish this post.....may revert back to a 0-0 game.

Just now, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Apparently it did.
No goal.

Yep, the way Palat reacted and pretty much stopped playing it seemed from that alone it hit the netting. 

2 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

wow 2 goals waived off. Just a matter of time now before TB gets 1 legit.

too bad FL couldn't play this desperate energized hockey in G1-3.

According to my formula, the TFG Corsi scale, for every 3 times the Bolts score on Bob, 1 will count. :shifty: 

End of 2 and a pair of disallowed goals later, we still have no score.

Florida is absolutely raining pucks on Vasilevskiy, but the TB netminder has his wet weather gear up to snuff and he is still dry as a leaf.
Even getting some help from his buddies Cross, Bar, and Post.