*** 2021-22, 2nd Round SC Playoffs: Tampa Bay Lightning (A3) at Florida Panthers (A1) - (TBL WIN 4-0) ***

TBL vs FLA  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Which Florida Based Team Goes On To The East Finals?

• 1-- Bolts in 4. Champs are feeling great, and run through the Cats like a bolt of lightning through a kitten!
    • 2-- Bolts in 5. Panthers try, but are flustered once again by their cross state rivals.
    • 3-- Bolts in 6. Rockin series that has a bit of everything, as the Lightning skate away winners.
    • 4-- Bolts in 7. Goes the distance, both teams are game, but TB is not done flexing their playoff muscle just yet
    • 5-- Cats in 4. Panthers rip away the Bolts' crown...with their heads still in it!
    • 6-- Cats in 5. TB simply has no answers other than one stolen games, for the apparent new Beasts in the East.
    • 7-- Cats in 6. Florida has learned their lessons well and came more than ready to take a competitive series from TB
    • 8-- Cats in 7. Fantastic series that sees the end of the line for any three-peat talk, and possibly a new era in South East hockey!

This poll is closed to new votes

Looking ahead, as a Bolts fan, I really don't have a preference in which team TB faces in the East Finals.

Carolina, like Florida, is building towards something good with a mixture of maturing players, established vets, and personal losing experience at the hands of the Lightning last year.

The Rangers...sharp up n coming team whose NHL vets are still leading the way, but with big contributions from guys like Shesterkin in net and Adam Fox on defense, both of whom can STILL get better.

Both, solid, stiff challenges for the defending champions.... and both still highly exploitable by the defending Champions given what they ice and given what they did to a tough Leaves® team and President's Trophy Florida.

Carolina's PP CANNOT remain anemic... Bolts proved what they do to such PP's already. And the overall Carolina roster simply MUST play with more of a rough edge and capitalize on any mistakes TB makes if they are to do anything.

The Rangers cannot make mental errors and costly defensive bungles....as Toronto found out.
Also for NY...VEZINA Shesterkin would have to show up.
Not the version that is up for the Kari Lehtonen award for Swiss cheesiness and mental breakdowns in net.

Still a ways for those two teams to settle who it will be...in the meantime, the Bolts are resting up, healing up, and should be game planning for BOTH, if I read Jon Cooper's ways correctly.

TB will be the road team regardless of who they face, so that isn't something they likely worry about, and they are now used to, after two series BEING the traveling road team to begin a series.

10 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

TB will be the road team regardless of who they face, so that isn't something they likely worry about, and they are now used to

Oddsmakers agree.  Right now one must risk $13.50 to earn only $10.00 to pick the Bolts as Eastern winners.

33 minutes ago, SaucyJack said:

Oddsmakers agree.  Right now one must risk $13.50 to earn only $10.00 to pick the Bolts as Eastern winners.

I'm not a betting gal, but ok...will take your word for it.

I take it that means Vegas will be putting the Bolts as road favorites, regardless of opponent?

2 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

I take it that means Vegas will be putting the Bolts as road favorites, regardless of opponent?

It must be so if Tampa is at -130 odds.  They expect Canes to win against Rags, so if Rags upset Carolina, the TB odds would be even more lopsided. 

1 hour ago, SaucyJack said:

It must be so if Tampa is at -130 odds.

I may be wrong.  Probably wrong, at least it is unclear.

Carolina is currently +210 (risk 10, win 21) but that means winning two series.  If they beat NYR, their odds for East champs improve and TB’s lessens.  (Because they are favored to beat NYR.  The current -130 for TB takes into account a possible NYR upset of Canes.) 

If you think NYR (at +470 now, a long shot per odds-meisters) will upset Carolina, then lose to TB, you wager on TB now at -130.  (The odds would be even more in TB favor if  longshot Rags advance.) If you think Canes beat NYR then lose to TB you wait until that series ends to get better odds on TB once it is known that Canes have advanced. 

If Canes advance, who knows, the odds could change to -110 for both Bolts and Canes, even-Steven risk 11 to win 10 both sides.  We’ll see…

On 5/24/2022 at 7:56 AM, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

On the bright side, Panther players can now spend ALL the time they want at The Mons, now that the series is over

:beer:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

:beer:

Corey Perry is hoping that works out for him THIS year....after getting beat by the Lightning in Dallas and Montreal the last two years, he figured he'd Join the Juggernaut.
Would Giroux take a huge paycut (not likely) to go across state and play for the Bolts too?

I mean, he could do the same and stay with Florida.

Would be something if G were to say, "I'll play for 2M and go to the Lightning".
I think the growing number of Bolts haters would lose their %$#@. 😄

• Good Post 1

45 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Would be something if G were to say, "I'll play for 2M and go to the Lightning".

Moose hugging him saying "I told you i had a guest bedroom for you..."

FTfPPCFXwAAJP0W.thumb.jpg.b4e359c67b05a4bbe78d3e578c267ebd.jpg