Simmonds In Shootout!?

Guest Bakanekimiwa

Did anyone else find this to be a bit of an odd choice? I was sure it would be briere, Jagr, giroux. I just wonder what the thinking was there. Maybe I'm the only one who thought it strange.

I mean, if he had thrown talbot in there, I would have understood his thinking.... It just seemed out of left field to me.

Did anyone else find this to be a bit of an odd choice? I was sure it would be briere, Jagr, giroux. I just wonder what the thinking was there. Maybe I'm the only one who thought it strange.

I mean, if he had thrown talbot in there, I would have understood his thinking.... It just seemed out of left field to me.

Talbot said after the game that he has a limited supply of moves. Thus I can see why he wasn't chosen. If I am remembering correctly didn't Simmonds score in the shootout during pre-season? Not sure really why Jagr wasn't given the chance. Hartnell of course would have fallen so that is definitely a no go. I think Lavy choses the shooters as he does his time outs, whatever he feels like at the moment.

Talbot said after the game that he has a limited supply of moves. Thus I can see why he wasn't chosen. If I am remembering correctly didn't Simmonds score in the shootout during pre-season? Not sure really why Jagr wasn't given the chance. Hartnell of course would have fallen so that is definitely a no go. I think Lavy choses the shooters as he does his time outs, whatever he feels like at the moment.

Seems that way... As much as I hate the Shootout, it is a point. I guess if Simmonds scored, he's a genius. As it was, that was a horrible attempt.

Jagr? come on. That's a point possibly thrown away for no reason. As we have figured out, a point at the end of the season can be huge. I don't understand why Lavy did that.

Maybe Jagr was #4. Jagr has only about a 23% record for scoring in the shootout. Simmonds is lifetime 40% on the shootout. I would have liked to have seen Bob perform better as well in the shootout.

Maybe Jagr was #4. Jagr has only about a 23% record for scoring in the shootout. Simmonds is lifetime 40% on the shootout. I would have liked to have seen Bob perform better as well in the shootout.

Bob is weirdly bad on the Shootout. It's weird because he seems to be pretty god dealing with D breakdowns that result in 1 on none. He stoned kovy pretty good there, so I'm guessing it's his head. He has too much time to think.

This one is a head scratcher to me as well. Jagr should have been in there over Simmonds. You need to have your best shooters going first and not rely on the fact you may get to a deeper round. I use to coach and got burned in shootout for the championship game all because I was saving my best shooter....which we never got to. Jagr may be a little slower, but he can still put the puck in the net regardless of his shootout %.

can't understand why jagr didn't go odd

So aside from that awful shot 17 took in the shootout last night, i'm kind of not digging his play right now. he's been pretty average the last 3 games i've seen. i've only noticed him in the bad ways, turning the puck over, looking inexplicably weak on the puck, i wonder if he's got some kind of "upper body" injury or something, at the beginning of the year he was a pleasant surprise, i'm wondering if his play is just "evening out" and he truly is a 3rd line grinder who'll pot you 15 with 20 and 180pims that folks were saying he was right after the trade.

I caught Lavy's presser and he said "Wayne had showed some good stuff in camp, had some success" - something like that. He was asked if Talbot was considered since he nailed the PS goal and Lavy said "yes he would've been 4th or 5th if we'd gone that deep."

btw - am I the only one who thought Briere definitely stopped? They should've waved off that goal. If Parise had done that I'd be screaming bloody murder... Turns out it didn't matter a bit since Bob still sucks in the SO - 1-5 now - but imho Briere's was not a good goal.

btw - am I the only one who thought Briere definitely stopped? They should've waved off that goal. If Parise had done that I'd be screaming bloody murder... Turns out it didn't matter a bit since Bob still sucks in the SO - 1-5 now - but imho Briere's was not a good goal.

I thought the same thing and was very surprised when the goal was not disallowed.

I caught Lavy's presser and he said "Wayne had showed some good stuff in camp, had some success" - something like that. He was asked if Talbot was considered since he nailed the PS goal and Lavy said "yes he would've been 4th or 5th if we'd gone that deep."

i didn't think you could review shootout goals? nevere thought about it, but yeah ..watching the replay...i thought Briere stopped. I was shocked too that they allowed it, but hey it didn't matter we still suck in shootouts.

i thought at first he stopped but watching replays you can see his back leg never really comes to a full stop... ALMOST, but not a complete stop. Don't matter, they win the shoot out, or lose the shoot out, I hate the shootout. They (the NHL) desperately needs to come up with another way or just go back to letting games end in a tie. In a way it doesn't make sense how one team earns a tie and the other team earns a win. Games are worth 2 points but in this scenario they actually handout 3 points in the game.