*** 2021-22, 2nd Round SC Playoffs: New York Rangers (M2) at Carolina Hurricanes (M1) - (NYR Win 4-3) ***

NYR vs CAR  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Law and Order of the Rangers....Or The Bluster and Chaos of The Storm?

• 1-- Rangers in 4. Beating the Pens was just for starters as they make very quick work of these supposed 'Contender Canes'
    • 2-- Rangers in 5. Shesterkin finds his groove...and finds himself on the right side of a dominating series win for his club.
    • 3-- Rangers in 6. Ultra fast, ultra competitive series that sees NY skip ahead of the Canes at the Cup Contender check out line!
    • 4-- Rangers in 7. Long drawn out, but exciting series that sees Law triumph...while Chaos is conquered.
    • 5-- Hurricanes in 4. Canes sweep and say, "NY doesn't belong on the same ice sheet with us!"
    • 6-- Hurricanes in 5. Carolina proves the Rangers were lucky to get past the Pens...and their luck has run out.
    • 7-- Hurricanes in 6. Entertaining affair that sees the Canes continue to have Shesterkin's number
    • 8-- Hurricanes in 7. Back n forth, touch n go, but ultimately, The Surge cannot be stopped.

This poll is closed to new votes

1345362879_nyrvscar.thumb.jpg.0006b8bf2576b44018455f0103c5c9d5.jpg

Season Series...Who won it?
Hurricanes took it at 3-1-0

Rangers coming in red hot after winning three straight from a stunned Pittsburgh Penguin team who had them dead to rights at a 3-1 series lead. May have taken the Blueshirts all 7 games, but they got the job done, and likely gained some very valuable playoff lessons against a veteran group along the way.

Hurricanes had their hands full with the Bruins in the first round, but also got the job done, also in 7 games, as they continue their own 'process' to becoming a legit Stanley Cup contender. Losing to the eventual champion Lightning in last year's playoffs, then coming back and winning their division, then taking care of a capable Boston squad says they just might be ready...... if they can manage to put away these hungry New York Rangers and work their way to the East Finals that is.

Rangers, Hurricanes... series talk goes right here, and don't forget to vote your prediction on the series outcome before polls close!

Edited by TropicalFruitGirl26

Goalies: :rangers:

Defense: :rangers:

Offense: :hurricanes:

Special teams (PP/PK): :hurricanes:

Coaching: :rangers:

Mental: :hurricanes:

Experience: :hurricanes:

Robustness: :rangers:

Depth: :hurricanes:

Meh, a coin toss as well on many aspects. I'll go with the Jerks in 6 or 7.

I think the 2nd round is going to be full of game 7's.  This one is going to be a back and forth series. I think the defense of Carolina is going to come up big in this series and they are going to have to because the Rangers have the advantage in the net. 

Carolina in 7 games. 

Here is a series where the match ups seem pretty even until you come to the goalie. This series is when Shesterkin has to shake off all that was rusty from the last series and show why he is going to be the Vezina Trophy winner. That along with the defensive play by Adam Fox, Trouba,and Lindgren and the offense from Kreider, Zibanejad, Panarin, Kakko, Chytil, and Lafrenierie will get the job done in 6 games. 

Series is about to start, and I just now realized I never put in my prediction, so here goes:

I picked both these teams to advance from Round 1 and they did.
Rangers are definitely on their way up, with still some growing pains to do by more than a few of their players, while the Hurricanes, IMO, are higher up on the competitive evolutionary scale, as they "process" their way to the top.....their fans, hoping lessons learned from getting beat by the best last year, will serve them well this year.

I like the Canes' defensive schemes and structures much better, while the Rangers seem to have the more dynamic offense.
NY found themselves down quickly against Pittsburgh in R1....they best not find themselves down like that against Carolina, as the Canes will NOT let them off the hook like the Pens did.

Canes went tooth n nail with Boston, at times, it looked like Boston would get the better of them, mostly, IMO, due to the fact that the Hurricane offense can be streaky.....that needs to change in order to take care of NY.

I say the Hurricane evolution continues, they get offense in sync just right for this series, and despite Shesterkin being the better of the two goalies, Raanta is still more than capable of putting on a show himself, and will help his Canes team add more hard lessons to the up n comers from NY.

Rangers will make this a series, but Canes in 6 due to overall team completeness and experience....and their stars really do show up here!

As expected, damned good defensive work by the Canes.
Properly placed sticks to disrupt anything the Rangers are trying to do in their zone so far.

Half court offense may not be the way for NY to go about things (unless they are on the PP of course).... perhaps trying to get chances off a rush before Carolina has a chance to set defensively would be the way to go.

And yep...easier said than done.

Analysts have already mentioned it, but it will be interesting to see the kind of reception Tony DeAngelo gets as he returns to NY for playoff series.
His tenure with NY ended....shall we say, less than amicable.

Also, Antti Raanta was a former backup for NY, who never could get the starter's job due to one Henrik Lundqvist....I am sure he would love to put on a nice show in front of the MSG faithful.

Jeebus!
Of all the players for Raanta and the Canes to be worried about pushing for goals....Filip Chytil may not have been at the top of the list.

But he has the NY goal and ALMOST got himself another!
Raanta doesn't look quite sharp yet.
Noticing his tracking of the puck is not quite there....could be trouble this game.

Gotta give the Rangers credit on their defense. It has been playing very well. Timely clogging of lanes, collapsing at the right times, and not allowing Canes to get comfortable in front of Shesterkin.

Almost Carolina-like defense, the Rangers are! :shifty: 

On 5/16/2022 at 9:56 AM, Math said:

Goalies: :rangers:

Defense: :rangers:

Offense: 

Special teams (PP/PK): :hurricanes:

Coaching: :hurricanes:

Mental: :hurricanes:

Experience: :hurricanes:

Robustness: :rangers:

Depth: :hurricanes:

Meh, a coin toss as well on many aspects. I'll go with the Jerks in 6 or 7.

I agree with most of it except coaching.

I have to go with Roddy on this one.

Go Canes i had them in 7.

:PopcornSmiley2:

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

I agree with most of it except coaching.

I have to go with Roddy on this one.

Go Canes i had them in 7.

:PopcornSmiley2:

If Emily Kaplan can leave Brindy alone long enough for him to concentrate on managing his team, the Canes should be fine! :ph34r: 

• Haha 1

Well that figures - damn Aho who else. Trouba did all he could do but was basically alone in front of Shesterkin. Credit the 'Cane great passing - that long outlet up ice was right on the money. Shesterkin stopped Aho cold but couldn't smother the puck! Arrgh.

The Rangers really fell off a few notches on both sides of the ice in the 3rd and the leak finally sprung open wide. That looked like it could've been a 'Canes' PP goal almost.

How Kakko missed that wide open net - man he'll replay that one over and over if they lose this game.

• Like 1