*** 2021-22, 2nd Round SC Playoffs: New York Rangers (M2) at Carolina Hurricanes (M1) - (NYR Win 4-3) ***

NYR vs CAR  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Law and Order of the Rangers....Or The Bluster and Chaos of The Storm?

• 1-- Rangers in 4. Beating the Pens was just for starters as they make very quick work of these supposed 'Contender Canes'
    • 2-- Rangers in 5. Shesterkin finds his groove...and finds himself on the right side of a dominating series win for his club.
    • 3-- Rangers in 6. Ultra fast, ultra competitive series that sees NY skip ahead of the Canes at the Cup Contender check out line!
    • 4-- Rangers in 7. Long drawn out, but exciting series that sees Law triumph...while Chaos is conquered.
    • 5-- Hurricanes in 4. Canes sweep and say, "NY doesn't belong on the same ice sheet with us!"
    • 6-- Hurricanes in 5. Carolina proves the Rangers were lucky to get past the Pens...and their luck has run out.
    • 7-- Hurricanes in 6. Entertaining affair that sees the Canes continue to have Shesterkin's number
    • 8-- Hurricanes in 7. Back n forth, touch n go, but ultimately, The Surge cannot be stopped.

This poll is closed to new votes

• TropicalFruitGirl26 changed the title to 2021-22, 2nd Round SC Playoffs: New York Rangers (M2) at Carolina Hurricanes (M1) - (CAR Leads 1-0)

Girard Gallant says his team played as well as you could play........for 40 minutes.
And he is hoping his team can play for SIXTY minutes this time out.

Great.
Rangers will shoot for a 60 minute game.
Which means they'll be in trouble if it goes OT again. :shifty: 

• TropicalFruitGirl26 changed the title to 2021-22, 2nd Round SC Playoffs: New York Rangers (M2) at Carolina Hurricanes (M1) - (CAR Leads 2-0)
On 5/20/2022 at 9:39 PM, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

These Rangers are simply NOT ready for prime time just yet.
Carolina could very well find themselves in the East Finals.

What but i thought the Ranger model was the one the Flyers were suppose to copy since they were so dern successful!!!????!!!

Because they told their fans there were going to rebuild and, and and and....

#nowimconfused

:hithead:

Edited by OccamsRazor
Fixed. In Right Thread Now. Was My Fault.
  • Haha 1

Wow talk about shut-down D...credit the 'Canes and extra for their PK. They were in front of every play all night. Whatever the Rangers tried, flips, dump-ins, the 'Canes there first. Pretty impressive.

Will the Rangers go down in 4 or 5? I doubt it. Will they win 4 out of 5? I doubt that too. But I still think they'll need 7.

Just read Andersen is skating no word when he'll be ready. Be great to see him in the POs after the year he delivered. Tough decision once Freddy is ready. What a steal to have them both for $6.5mil combined.

7 hours ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Wow talk about shut-down D...credit the 'Canes and extra for their PK. They were in front of every play all night. Whatever the Rangers tried, flips, dump-ins, the 'Canes there first. Pretty impressive.

Will the Rangers go down in 4 or 5? I doubt it. Will they win 4 out of 5? I doubt that too. But I still think they'll need 7.

Just read Andersen is skating no word when he'll be ready. Be great to see him in the POs after the year he delivered. Tough decision once Freddy is ready. What a steal to have them both for $6.5mil combined.

Before this series started I wondered how well the Canes would do without Anderson and whether Raanta would hold up play and health-wise.
I even took a bit of a shot at Raanta's play towards the end of the season where I seemed to recall him playing pretty badly....though in reality, I was thinking of the month prior to the last stretch of games where he did well.

Raanta is proving me and anyone else who thought he was 'washed up' wrong. And if I am Rod Brind'Amour, even with a healthy Frederik Anderson, I stick with Raanta until he gives me a reason NOT to play him.
You can't ask for better than up 2-0 after two and Antti playing lights out like he is. Why mess with that?
Anderson being the professional he is should understand that as well.

This isn't exactly a Domingue-Jarry situation after all...

Edited by TropicalFruitGirl26

Sure and of course before Brindy has to make that decision the Rangers have to win some games, push it to G5 at least. At that point if they're both good to go it could get interesting.

But it's all up to NY now, whether their scorers can get some SOG (Z, Kr and Pan have like 5 combined) and bury a few. So far the 'Canes D has snuffed out Panarin's play-making and they've clogged below the dots so well the Rangers' snipers haven't even had a whiff of paint.

The Rangers have a lot of comeback wins this year so I'm not counting them out just yet. Should be a great G3!

13 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Before this series started I wondered how well the Canes would do without Anderson and whether Raanta would hold up play and health-wise.
I even took a bit of a shot at Raanta's play towards the end of the season where I seemed to recall him playing pretty badly....though in reality, I was thinking of the month prior to the last stretch of games where he did well.

Raanta is proving me and anyone else who thought he was 'washed up' wrong. And if I am Rod Brind'Amour, even with a healthy Frederik Anderson, I stick with Raanta until he gives me a reason NOT to play him.
You can't ask for better than up 2-0 after two and Antti playing lights out like he is. Why mess with that?
Anderson being the professional he is should understand that as well.

This isn't exactly a Domingue-Jarry situation after all...

Raanta i have always thought was a solid goalie just never had a great team ever in front of him.

His biggest knock was his durability....think of him as a Finnish Michael Neuvirth type - who could hold the fort down - just never sure if he would finish the game. Seems he is made of paper mache.

The Rangers are halfway to Raleigh tied 2-2. Shesterkin 1st star. Except for the backhand goal that he wasn't ready for, which rattled him for a good minute; after that it was all "EEE-Gor!"

Rangers blocking shots. Someone during the TB game mentioned Stamkos' commitment to blocking shots, why he's got multiple Cup rings. Rangers were commited today, especially in the 3rd. Double-teaming Aho was good coaching not sure how Brindy can counter that in G4.

Anyway we got a series now...!

• TropicalFruitGirl26 changed the title to 2021-22, 2nd Round SC Playoffs: New York Rangers (M2) at Carolina Hurricanes (M1) - (CAR Leads 2-1)

Jacob Trouba with a huge hit on Max Domi....but he made contact with the head using his elbow.

Steven Lorentz comes in to challenge Trouba for the hit on his teammate, but Trouba pummels him too.

Refs did NOT call a penalty on the Trouba hit....they say Domi was 'on his way down'....though still, contact was made with the head.
I've seen bigger deals made of lesser hits all because elbows or knees met with the head...regardless of the context.

And this is why people are still mostly confused about NHL rules and player safety application of those rules.

• Like 1

Rangers on FIYA!
2-0 lead in the 1st with LOTS of jump.

Tempers are also high on both sides after that hit...every bit of contact is being contested amongst the players.
Tony DeAngelo yelling all kinds of what fors at Ryan Reaves.... he better be careful.

Reaves has eaten stacks of hotcakes taller than DeAngelo :ph34r:

Edited by TropicalFruitGirl26
  • Haha 1

Rangers 40 minutes away from a tie series and it’s no wonder. They’re doing basically everything better faster and with more confidence than the Canes so far. Home ice is so nice.

wow save of the game there Igor…Rangers really don’t want to give one up early.

Jeez what a break for the Canes Pesce blocks a shot and refs blow the play dead wtf?

Edited by GratefulFlyers

LOL...
Emily Kaplan trolling on Rod Brind'Amour yet AGAIN!

I swear that woman always appears whenever his team is on a downswing 😄

She asked him a question, he acted like "he didn't hear the question".
Gave her short quick answers right after that, rolled his eyes when she ended the "interview".

"Troll begone! Back to your broadcast bridge!"
---- R. Brind'Amour :shifty: 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Jacob Trouba with a huge hit on Max Domi....but he made contact with the head using his elbow.

Steven Lorentz comes in to challenge Trouba for the hit on his teammate, but Trouba pummels him too.

Refs did NOT call a penalty on the Trouba hit....they say Domi was 'on his way down'....though still, contact was made with the head.
I've seen bigger deals made of lesser hits all because elbows or knees met with the head...regardless of the context.

And this is why people are still mostly confused about NHL rules and player safety application of those rules.

Dont be confused. The game is in bett turds home rink. All you need to know.

Canes are trying to win being nice and skating pretty.