*** 2021-22, 2nd Round SC Playoffs: New York Rangers (M2) at Carolina Hurricanes (M1) - (NYR Win 4-3) ***

NYR vs CAR  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Law and Order of the Rangers....Or The Bluster and Chaos of The Storm?

• 1-- Rangers in 4. Beating the Pens was just for starters as they make very quick work of these supposed 'Contender Canes'
    • 2-- Rangers in 5. Shesterkin finds his groove...and finds himself on the right side of a dominating series win for his club.
    • 3-- Rangers in 6. Ultra fast, ultra competitive series that sees NY skip ahead of the Canes at the Cup Contender check out line!
    • 4-- Rangers in 7. Long drawn out, but exciting series that sees Law triumph...while Chaos is conquered.
    • 5-- Hurricanes in 4. Canes sweep and say, "NY doesn't belong on the same ice sheet with us!"
    • 6-- Hurricanes in 5. Carolina proves the Rangers were lucky to get past the Pens...and their luck has run out.
    • 7-- Hurricanes in 6. Entertaining affair that sees the Canes continue to have Shesterkin's number
    • 8-- Hurricanes in 7. Back n forth, touch n go, but ultimately, The Surge cannot be stopped.

This poll is closed to new votes

Canes on the board finally...but unless they have a major push left in them (and maybe a working PP? Nahhhh...), it may be too little too late.

Rangers don't look like they are folding tents any time soon or sitting on leads. They are pushing as well with 11 minutes to play.

That's kinda a b^%$#itty call, no?

Calling Svetch on roughing, when Lafriendly-Aire stiff armed him first after Svetch made a CLEAN hit on Chytil.
Definitely a hometown call there. Not like the Rangers needed help tonight, but the refs just gave'em some.

• TropicalFruitGirl26 changed the title to 2021-22, 2nd Round SC Playoffs: New York Rangers (M2) at Carolina Hurricanes (M1) - (Series Even 2-2)

Scoreless between the Canes and Rangers halfway into the first.

Ice level reporter Emily Kaplan with a nice bit about how well the Rangers' deadline acquisitions have been doing in the playoffs so far.
I just want to know at what point she creeps up on Rod Brind'Amour to troll him yet again :bigteeth: 

Likely after a lead change that sees Carolina go from leading to trailing :shifty: 

Hmmm...Rangers have been making due without a big part of their team, The Jeep!

Barclay Goodrow hasn't played since G1 of the Pittsburgh series.
Some articles I read say he likely won't be available for the rest of the Carolina series, but should the Rangers advance, he would be available to face his old mates, the Tampa Bay Lightning in the East Finals.

LOL... Aaaand there she is...trolling Brindy once again.
Shows up at his bench when his team's goal was disallowed, then goes on to point out to him about how his team lost the draw against the Ranger PP and the penalties his team is taking.

His expression says it all.
Brindy is tired of Emily's &^%$. 🤣

Untitled.jpg.258860eb4ac56999aa8084f63bbccdf7.jpg

Feels like i can smell a Ranger goal here as the 3rd continues to count down.

Carolina with the lead, but not really showing any killer instinct to completely stamp out the Rangers, also looking very sloppy in their coverage, passing and outlets. And worst of all, seem content to try and sit on this 2-1 lead.

Meanwhile, Rangers are doing a good job pushing for the tying goal. 
And with 7 minutes to go, they just may get it unless the Canes can manage to turn it up a bit.

Rangers pull Shester with about 2 minutes to go, and Carolina, VERY sloppy in their puck handling once again.
They may give one up just based on that!

Fortunately for them, Svetch gave them that cushion, but still....they want a chance to beat a grizzled Bolts team, they can't play candy ass hockey like they are here!
Cmon, now... that sort of play is NOT Brind'Amour Seal of Quality approved!

Edited by TropicalFruitGirl26

• TropicalFruitGirl26 changed the title to 2021-22, 2nd Round SC Playoffs: New York Rangers (M2) at Carolina Hurricanes (M1) - (CAR Leads 3-2)
2 minutes ago, FireDillabaugh said:

12 straight playoff games involving Carolina in which the home team has won all 12.  First time in the history of the NHL Playoffs.

Who knew?

(In stark contrast to the 2019 baseball World Series with the road team winning all 7.  Nats/Astro’s.)

• TropicalFruitGirl26 changed the title to 2021-22, 2nd Round SC Playoffs: New York Rangers (M2) at Carolina Hurricanes (M1) - (Series Even 3-3)

Carolina’s inability to turn off New York’s lights have resulted in ever-increasing odds for the Lightning to win the East.

-135 for Tampa after CAR/NYR game 4

-140 ….                               after game 5

-145 ….                               after game 6

It baffles me that a team that plays Carolina's style would not be able to find a win on the road.

Their game is good road hockey-It's their damned identity.

I have stated repeatedly that I don't think this Rangers team is that good. Their goalie is playing great but  they're a Jacob Trouba elbow away from losing to the Pens in 5.

Are the Canes that dependent on favorable match-ups?

They need to figure some things out when they're not in Raleigh or Tampa ends their season in 6.

I say this because I don't think the Rangers spend more than 10 minutes in the offensive zone in game 7 and Krieder's shooting % isn't that high.

Those “nothing games” during the long reg season sure look like the difference now. The Rangers have one thing going for them: they’ve played like maniacs when facing elimination. G7 isn’t quite the same thing but it may be enough.