Deadline Day Thread

Guest brelic

that is the most realistic idea i have read....though i hate giving up draft picks....but i guess it is better than giving up our younger players.

Bob will, more than likely, be part of the trade package. They won't carry 3 goalies, and Bob would have to pass through waivers. That's not going to happen.

So what could we get for Bob? A second round pick? Others here are trading JVR for Schneider!

A 23 yr old goaltender with 72 NHL starts? Valuable, whether the organization acts like it or not (Bryz contract again...). Some of the fans kind of hate on JVR, and underestimate his value at times.

A 23 yr old goaltender with 72 NHL starts? Valuable, whether the organization acts like it or not (Bryz contract again...). Some of the fans kind of hate on JVR, and underestimate his value at times.

So regardless of what you think he "may be" you're ok with him banking 4.25mill for one 40pt season????

So get some value back for him now...before everyone realizes he's WAY OVERPAID!

Hmmm, Giggy is the best option if Colorado would part with him, but they are in the playoff hunt so would they risk Varlamov as their starter without a proven backup? I can see Bob for Giggy with us throwing in a draft pick (not a first) He is only at 1.25 mill so the dollars are about equal

Nothing else works without major disruption. Bob & Giggy are FA at the end of the season, JSG is UFA I dont know if Bob if RFA

Edited by BobDailey

LOL, Eklund talking about Nash going to SJ, Vancouver or Nashville...

From more reputable sources, Nash will not waive his NTC to go to a Western team. He wants to be in the East.

But at this time of year, it's pretty much like throwing darts while blindfolded.

According to the source, the Flyers are willing to package Bobrovsky as part of a deal that could include left wing James van Riemsdyk, depending on the goalie.

The Flyers are believed to be eyeing Nikolai Khabibulin of the Edmonton Oilers, Jean-Sebastien Giguere of the Colorado Avalanche...

If Homer trades Bob and JVR for either of those guys, he should be fired immediately.

Edited by JackStraw

it's worth noting, that when he plays hungry, I really enjoy his game, I really do.

I think it's misunderstood when someone says they are willing to trade JVR that it means they don't like him or think he's a bust. Personally I've been trumpeting my willingness to see him traded but that's only because I believe he's an expendable piece on a team that has needs and could use him as avaluable bargaining chip.

The way I see it though, unless the Flyers were getting some serious value in return, I'd just hold onto JVR.

Something is cooking and cooking hot. Just heard from someone I know Homer and his team has been actively on the phone basically since 7 AM, mainly with 3 teams: Colorado, Vancouver and Columbus. A 3-way deal is a real possibility. Edmonton and Tampa are also mentioned. No furtehr details but stay tuned.

Something is cooking and cooking hot. Just heard from someone I know Homer and his team has been actively on the phone basically since 7 AM, mainly with 3 teams: Colorado, Vancouver and Columbus. A 3-way deal is a real possibility. Edmonton and Tampa are also mentioned. No furtehr details but stay tuned.

Giggy is coming here. Just hope we don't give up much for him.