Deadline Day Thread

Guest brelic

Man, today was a bad day. For a brief moment, I felt what it was like to be Buffalo Rick. You wait all weekend for the trip to Applebee's; the anticipation, the excitement, the build-up. You pull into the parking lot, you can almost taste it, you can barely control yourself. The hostess seats you, you settle in to your booth, order an Appletini; you just can't wait until you can order that meal.

And then she says it..the waitress informs you, "I'm sorry, sir, but we are out of halibut tonight."

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, that's what today's trade deadline was like. All build-up,anticipation, and excitement. But no halibut.

• Like 2

Good,

i'm happy keeping 10, 14, 21...& even 25 .

if universe can turn it around to the point where he's average, we'll be a tough out. we got lot's of speed and offensive talent i think the new knuckle scrapers on the blue line will fit and make it more difficult around the net for opposing forwards...

if we can stay intact i like our chances as much as anyone's

if universe can turn it around to the point where he's average

Seriously, I'd settle for below average. I mean, we're talking about a goalie who takes pucks that are missing the net and finds ways to direct them into the net. It gives a whole new meaning to the phrase: "it's not the goalie's job to stop the puck"