*** 2021-22, 2nd Round SC Playoffs: Edmonton Oilers (P2) at Calgary Flames (P1)- (EDM WINS 4-1) ***

EDM vs CGY  

11 members have voted

1. 1. North vs South. Blue vs. Red. Oil vs Fire. You choose!

• 1-- Oilers in 4. Connor and Co. dose the Flames with the quickness of a January blizzard!
    • 2-- Oilers in 5. Cgy finds out that Edm is no Dallas when it comes to offense and fizzle under siege.
    • 3-- Oilers in 6. Very competitive series that sees both teams impose their will, but EDM still proves too much.
    • 4-- Oilers in 7. Classic series where the star power of the Oilers and their young 40 yr old netminder prove the difference
    • 5-- Flames in 4. Calgary burns the Oil, as Edm can't withstand the heat!
    • 6-- Flames in 5. Jacob Markstrom and the Flames make Mike Smith look like he's 50, and the Oil look like their WHL counterparts
    • 7-- Flames in 6. Very good series, but Calgary's overall team depth proves superior
    • 8-- Flames in 7. Epic roller coaster battle, but the Flames are just not gonna be denied their West Finals berth.

This poll is closed to new votes

Another 4-point night for McDavid so far. Draisaitl the same. Hat trick for Kane. Waiting for the pushback from Calgary, which they are MORE than capable of.

• Sad 1

I have to say it is very enjoyable to watch Connor McDavid play this game. It must be really nice for the Edmonton fans to see this quite often during the season. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Otter said:

I have to say it is very enjoyable to watch Connor McDavid play this game. It must be really nice for the Edmonton fans to see this quite often during the season. 

We're like Andy Dufresne in the Shawshank Redemption: we had to crawl through 500 yards of **** to get him.

• Haha 2

Hah!

They just showed from earlier where Calgary players couldn't get into their own locker rooms.

Calgary: " This is some bull^%$# right here. "

First, Deflate-Gate in the NFL....then Water Bottle-gate in the Col-StL series.... now, Locker Room-gate.
Shame on your shenanigans Edmonton arena workers! :ph34r:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, FireDillabaugh said:

The entire line.  Markstrom's heart rate must be increasing each time they're jumping on the ice.  They finally had a shift in the period where they didn't produce.

Lmfao!!  Fantastic reference!!

In all seriousness, books could be written about the mismanagement the Edmonton Oilers operated under for so many years.

• Like 1

All joking aside, if Edmonton does pull this game out (and even if Calgary comes back to win it), you can bet Darryl Sutter will have a thing or three to say to his team about how they played.
As good at the Oiler scorers looked in doing what they are doing, fact is, Calgary is executing like crap and the Oilers are taking full advantage of them for it.

Flames are NOT playing Sutter hockey....even Game 1 where they won 9-6, that was NOT Sutter hockey.
Coach is gonna give somebody a few what fors...

As for me, this was my 'upset special' of the remaining series, and what we are seeing is the reason why: Oilers absolutely have the players to make anyone look silly if they don't execute the way they are supposed to, and Calgary is finding the Oilers to be a completely different beast than the Stars previously.

• Like 1

Jeebus!
Calgary couldn't PAY that puck to go in!

Mike Smith may have borrowed Andrei Vasilevskiy's net force field from the earlier game!

Smith: "Hey, Vasy, mind if use your Force-O-Tron 3000? I got a tough game with the Flames coming up and I need some insurance. Love the Lightning by the way, I played for them back in the day"

Vasilevskiy: "Ok, you use shield on net, but return by tonight. I got game tomorrow. And make sure no dents on it" :ph34r:

Smith: "Gotcha. No dents. And I'll have it vacuumed too. Thanks pal."

Just now, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Yea...but at least he didn't Miller-Up Smith that time...

That hit on Miller pretty much kick started the eternal rebuild of the Buffalo Sabres.

Just now, JR Ewing said:

That hit on Miller pretty much kick started the eternal rebuild of the Buffalo Sabres.

Agreed.
You ever hear someone threaten, "I'm gonna smack you so hard, your descendants are gonna feel it!"?

Pretty much Lucic to the Buffalo org...

And now Smith has to go for concussion protocol. He looked fine, but I guess we'll see how it goes. Either way, Lucic is so dirty, he's 0.01% of germs that Lysol can't kill.

Edited by JR Ewing

Just now, JR Ewing said:

And now Smith has to go for concussion protocol. He looked fine, but I guess we'll see how it goes.

Probably just have to do the "quiet room" thing as mandatory whenever a guy's head gets near the boards or ice surface.
Should be back out if all comes up fine.

Just now, FireDillabaugh said:

Correct call made.

Boucher is just a pathetic analyst.  You'd think a goaltender, even as bad as he was, would realize that there was only one reason Lucic did what he did.  And, that head contact simply can't be allowed.  Against ANY player.

I'm watching on Sportsnet. What was Boucher saying?