*** 2021-22, 2nd Round SC Playoffs: Edmonton Oilers (P2) at Calgary Flames (P1)- (EDM WINS 4-1) ***

EDM vs CGY  

11 members have voted

1. 1. North vs South. Blue vs. Red. Oil vs Fire. You choose!

• 1-- Oilers in 4. Connor and Co. dose the Flames with the quickness of a January blizzard!
    • 2-- Oilers in 5. Cgy finds out that Edm is no Dallas when it comes to offense and fizzle under siege.
    • 3-- Oilers in 6. Very competitive series that sees both teams impose their will, but EDM still proves too much.
    • 4-- Oilers in 7. Classic series where the star power of the Oilers and their young 40 yr old netminder prove the difference
    • 5-- Flames in 4. Calgary burns the Oil, as Edm can't withstand the heat!
    • 6-- Flames in 5. Jacob Markstrom and the Flames make Mike Smith look like he's 50, and the Oil look like their WHL counterparts
    • 7-- Flames in 6. Very good series, but Calgary's overall team depth proves superior
    • 8-- Flames in 7. Epic roller coaster battle, but the Flames are just not gonna be denied their West Finals berth.

This poll is closed to new votes

I took one more look at that controversial ‘kick-in’ goal.  (With no sound, same as when I watched it live.)

Although a close call, and perhaps might have been ruled differently, I also detected a slight kicking motion, just as the League ruled.  It was like an outside-of-the-foot flick in front of goal by a soccer forward (typically a very quick one-timer, or merely a “first touch” without a 2nd touch.)

I thought the right skate pushed/veered just a tad more to the right as the puck hit it’s outside edge.  (A pushing kick from the outside of the right foot.)

It may have been unintentional and/or unconscious but I can see how that difficult ruling was made.

It’s one reason these are best-of-seven contests.  Calgary didn’t do enough, generally, to overcome this (perhaps) bad break late in a ‘down 3-1’ must-win game.

• Like 1

Used to conduct youth scrimmages with no sticks, or with soccer ball, to teach skaters how much of the game they play using their feet. Not so much to score, but you sure as hell get an assist if you kick pass to a shooter, right? 

Edited by Icechipper